NCAA recommends no waiver | The Boneyard

NCAA recommends no waiver

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
For more clarity on the current situation on why the NCAA Board recommended against it, here's the link from Yahoo Sports:

The short version is this quote:
"It didn't have a mechanism to deal with the APR aspect, a way to deal with a notification [to transfer] date, how to deal with graduate transfers," he said. "You start stacking this up, pretty soon you have a pretty big list." It would have [actually] taken two years to get to where it needed to be. I think this was an acknowledgement of, 'Don't try to piecemeal it.'"
This against the back drop of the COVID19 situation.

Now, to play Devil's advocate, the NCAA does allow transfers in ALL OTHER Sports so why not, and I am just spiff-balling here, follow how those sports do it. :rolleyes:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For more clarity on the current situation on why the NCAA Board recommended against it, here's the link from Yahoo Sports:

The short version is this quote:
"It didn't have a mechanism to deal with the APR aspect, a way to deal with a notification [to transfer] date, how to deal with graduate transfers," he said. "You start stacking this up, pretty soon you have a pretty big list." It would have [actually] taken two years to get to where it needed to be. I think this was an acknowledgement of, 'Don't try to piecemeal it.'"
This against the back drop of the COVID19 situation.

Now, to play Devil's advocate, the NCAA does allow transfers in ALL OTHER Sports so why not, and I am just spiff-balling here, follow how those sports do it. :rolleyes:
Wouldn’t it require less personnel to compile the data for a one time transfer rule than to have a transfer portal filled with people whose cases all need to be individually reviewed? Because it kind of feels like the data requirements would be something like “hey Janine keep an ongoing list of every kid who transfers.”

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t it require less personnel to compile the data for a one time transfer rule than to have a transfer portal filled with people whose cases all need to be individually reviewed?
Shame on you CL82, using an application of "logic" in a sentence involving the actions the NCAA should impart... Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom