NCAA Rainy Day Fund | The Boneyard

NCAA Rainy Day Fund

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
People tend to think the NCAA is much more centralized than it is - when the NCAA does something, it’s really the entire membership in action, not one guy.

Reaction Score
I would rather take the delusional, unfounded route and assume Emmert is a fraud.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But in 2015, as the NCAA and the wealthier football conferences felt rising pressure from antitrust lawsuits filed by thousands of current and former athletes, Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick was among some college sports power brokers who argued the cash reserves were enticing lawyers to sue, former NCAA employees said.

Lol, of course it Swarbrick and ND.

Reaction Score

Key quote about the influence of the Power Five:
"According to former NCAA employees, the reason the organization covered the entire settlement was simple: The Power Five conferences refused to pay, and the other football conferences followed suit.
“Their point is: ‘We’re the ones that are making you all this money anyway. And if you have a problem with that, we can just break off and go form our own NCAA and see how you fare,’ ” one former employee said."

Wonder how much money Emmert has to suck in from the NCAA to finally decide maybe I've got enough to retire in the style to which I'd like to be accustomed?

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
People tend to think the NCAA is much more centralized than it is - when the NCAA does something, it’s really the entire membership in action, not one guy.
Which is to say collectively they are as dishonest and unethical as any other large organization that is designed to exploit youth and skill to make tons of money. Sometimes that demeanor exacts a business cost.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom