NCAA Proposed Rule Changes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA Proposed Rule Changes

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Preach. The number of sub-college level players, coaches, and parents that think all spin moves are legal because they don't call it in college or the NBA is infuriating. The high school rules are clear: lift your pivot foot and put it back down, it's a travel. They just choose to not call it in college because those plays are entertaining to watch. In the NBA, it's a legal move. Explaining this to players, coaches, and parents is like talking to a wall.

Yes. Which means that no ref is final four worthy. Because they all choose to ignore it.

It’s become too much of a made for tv spectacle than a real sport

But yes, at the sub college level it is a nightmare.

The NBA changed the rule in like 2009 because it was getting so bad.

Reaction Score
Yes. Which means that no ref is final four worthy. Because they all choose to ignore it.

It’s become too much of a made for tv spectacle than a real sport

But yes, at the sub college level it is a nightmare.

The NBA changed the rule in like 2009 because it was getting so bad.
Try reffing an AAU game where they try attempting a spin move ?.

I've been told by several college officials that their assignors specifically tell them to not make those calls, so saying they aren't final four worthy isn't entirely fair, though I get what you're saying. College basketball is a business with next to no cost of labor, so they're going to dictate what gets called and what doesn't because it's all about making money.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Try reffing an AAU game where they try attempting a spin move ?.

I've been told by several college officials that their assignors specifically tell them to not make those calls, so saying they aren't final four worthy isn't entirely fair, though I get what you're saying. College basketball is a business with next to no cost of labor, so they're going to dictate what gets called and what doesn't because it's all about making money.

That is abhorrent.

Shame on them.

Literally changing the rule just because people don’t want to follow the rules...is a choice you could make, I guess.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
With the style of defense we play we should be heavily lobbying for an increase to 6 fouls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom