NCAA president Mark Emmert vows 'fundamental change' in how top division makes rules, policy | The Boneyard

NCAA president Mark Emmert vows 'fundamental change' in how top division makes rules, policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Within the past week, Emmert sent a letter to all D-I presidents, athletic directors, commissioners, faculty athletic representatatives and senior woman administrators asking them to save the dates of Jan. 16 and 17 for “an important milestone in which your participation is crucial.” The meeting will be held at the same time as the NCAA’s annual convention in San Diego.
In the letter, Emmert called the “first-time Division I Governance Dialogue” a “critical meeting” that will cover “virtually every aspect of how Division I operates.”
“There’s a need to recognize there are Division I schools with $5 million athletic budgets and $155 million athletic budgets, and trying to find a model that fits all of them is the enormous challenge right now,” Emmert said.

An example was the failed initiative last year for athletic scholarships to include the “full cost of attendance,” an additional $2,000 to $5,000 stipend per year. Scholarships are currently limited to tuition, books, room and board.
While most of the large D-I schools supported the initiatives, the smaller D-I schools prevailed in defeating the plan in a structure where Indiana University’s vote is equal to that of Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne.

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...op-division-makes-rules-policy?nclick_check=1

Reaction Score
Did I see a P.S. that UConn will be barred from joining the haves and will have to play with the have nots?

D4 is coming and we will not be left behind. Absolutely positively not. Book it and then stop f'ng crying and whining. :cool:

Reaction Score
Translation: "The Power 5 conference presidents bent me over, and now I have to do whatever they say."

Whether Emmert had an anti-UConn agenda or not, we're witnessing karma catch up to a very, very bad person. And I'm loving every minute of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom