OT: - NCAA president Mark Emmert’s $3.5 billion mistake will define his failed tenure | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: NCAA president Mark Emmert’s $3.5 billion mistake will define his failed tenure

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Always interested when we say players should be paid. Would the plan be to pay all college athletes and make sure the schools All American tennis player is paid more then or as equal to the non all American football and basketball players. Do you pay females the same as males in the same sport? Does the freshman who is the best on the team get paid more then the senior that gave 3 years of commitment? Does the scholar athlete get paid more or less? If I'm a walk on, do I get paid right away? Does one school pay more then the other based on conference? Soooooo man questions and things to consider and why this would be a disaster if one crack left open.. I can go on and on.

Yup. No one wants to answer those questions.

Because they’re hard questions.

And the reality is there is no “fair” answer because it’s always going to be unfair to someone.

Reaction Score
He signed this deal years ago. Don’t remember hearing people complain about it until now. Is this just becoming a big deal because of how the NCAA handled the women’s tournament?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He signed this deal years ago. Don’t remember hearing people complain about it until now. Is this just becoming a big deal because of how the NCAA handled the women’s tournament?
Are you suggesting there is ever a valid reason to pass on a chance to slam this douchenozzle?

the Q

Reaction Score
not quite sure what to make of this bitness decision. on the one hand, and having been in on some long term extension deals (5+ years in my mind, some say 3+ years), the typical thinking for a stable product is a price referenced off the expected inflation rate going forward, so 2 or 3% yearly bumps is currently very common. both sides sleep pretty good. on the udder hand, sometimes the future can change in a big way (think cruise industry, bricks and mortar, office rentals, and such for examples of 'uh,oh.')
nba all star game has gone from 23 million viewers to 6 million in the past decades, and the regular seasons mostly down, too. of course, there are also many upside surprises as well. so far, cbb is holding up as compared to many pro sports.
'The ratings for the NBA championship in 2020 were nothing short of an unmitigated disaster as they bottomed out. Yet, America still loves college basketball!'
The Opening Rounds Of The NCAA Tournament Get Big TV Ratings | The Daily Caller
part of the 'sleeping well at night' mentality is 'bulls make money, bears make money, and pigs go broke', along with 'a bird in hand is better than two in the bush.'
the article is just a screed, laden with a personal pile of non-contract related butthurts. no reference to 'experts' without names, dates, and such for those 'experts' is worth the paper it's written on.
the discussion for the k rests solely on a guess aboot that bitness's future. lots of times, a 'garuntee' is worth more than a 'guess.'

Exactly. There’s always risk when you sign a long term deal.

You sacrifice upside for security on some level.

Reaction Score
Are you suggesting there is ever a valid reason to pass on a chance to slam this douchenozzle?
No. I’m just saying why are we choosing now?

When the AAC signed a garbage deal UConn fans were all over it. How could no one make a fuss about the entire NCAA tournament deal until now? Unless I’m wrong and people did make a big deal about it.

the Q

Reaction Score

When the AAC signed a garbage deal UConn fans were all over it. How could no one make a fuss about the entire NCAA tournament deal until now? Unless I’m wrong and people did make a big deal about it.

I don’t recall a single peep.

I think the tournament boom proves something that is not what people really want it to mean in regard to the athletes and their situation.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Speaking only for myself, I didn't choose anything. I never even clicked on the article. I saw another chance to dump on the guy and I automatically took it without thought or hesitation.

Reaction Score
Nothing to see here (Ole’ Emmert is just doing as told to do - he gets paid very well to be the school’s cover/piñata):

Reaction Score

Because the NFL just signed a record setting deal that nobody imagined they would pull off with declining ratings the past few years.

It's a classic second guess article. As you said, where was this article before?

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom