ncaa prediction? seeds | Page 7 | The Boneyard

ncaa prediction? seeds

Reaction Score
At the moment I am not concerned with where we are seeded, the locations of our games or who will be in our bracket.

What happens this tournament will be entirely in us. We are capable of running through everyone out the and we are capable of laying an egg. Seeding, location, matchups won't matter one bit if we play our game and they won't help at all if we don't.
That's what I said about the BET also. And then 3 of the starters played horribly but they were still right there with a chance to win the game against a very good team. So let's just hope something like this doesn't happen again.

Reaction Score
Really hope they get seeded in the east- I don’t understand why you can’t put Marquette two in the Midwest. They earned it. That’s closer to them geographically. ship Texas into the east region. They’re a big popular school that travels well- Marquette not so much - makes sense, geographically and monetarily. We shud get 3,4 east. The problem is again , there’s no powerful East Coast team this year. No nova no Duke no Kentucky no North Carolina no Virginia no UConn no one can really claim that #1 east.

Reaction Score
My serious curiosity as to your opinions is based on you using the pronoun "we," just as I usually do in referring to UConn. I trust you as a knowledgeable fan and supporter, and I have acknowledged the quality of your comments as the season has matured.

"There's a tremendous amount of pressure on Hurley..." is voiced by use of the passive verb "to be."

Who do you believe is putting the pressure on Hurley?

It could be several sources: himself, his family, the UConn Athletic Department, major boosters, University administration, CT-based media, national media, the casual fan base, fans who are active within social media, the latter of which includes The Boneyard.

I'm interested in your take, and that of anyone else who wants to weigh in.

Related to The Boneyard, what would you assess as the split between those who could be identified predominantly as pressure sources versus those who could be identified predominantly as support sources.

I consider myself strongly as a support source, and I've argued that emphasis placed on pressure over support works to the team's detriment. Even with Hurley's detractors casually criticizing his mental & emotional stability & maturity, there seems to be little that will dissuade those who are skeptical or unhappy with his performance from adding to the pressure by concentrating on negative outlook, pessimistic predictions, and sarcastic doubt. Do you or anyone else have anything to offer that would support making the 'inner game' easier for the team?

Thanks in advance to anyone courageous enough to address such hard-to-measure considerations.
I think there will be a tremendous amount of pressure from the fans and a tremendous amount of pressure from the media at home and nationally.

I also think Hurley has welcomed this with his comments. I think all of that disappears if we (UConn) make it out of next weekend. Fingers crossed.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I think there will be a tremendous amount of pressure from the fans and a tremendous amount of pressure from the media at home and nationally.

I also think Hurley has welcomed this with his comments. I think all of that disappears if we (UConn) make it out of next weekend. Fingers crossed.
As usual Hans has gone deep with his post. That is a compliment. While I admit I tend to be more the pessimistic poster than the optimist. I will say I have coached basketball and have been fairly successful in business. Team building is one of the most rewarding endeavors a person can work on achieving. I have been lucky in both scenarios to have great people around me that certainly had more to do with our success than I. One thing I have learned is that when a team mate, employee or friend are faced with a challenge, be it part of a game or in life that is significant and if I have a role to play in helping that person or team overcome that particular hurdle, there are usually several options that can work. Also the amount of time one might have to help is also an important variable. Honesty has to always be part of the solution. Honestly consider if in fact there is a problem. I believe we are one of the best teams in the country. I believe if we played Marquette on a neutral court we win more than we lose. I believe Marquette is one of the four best teams in the country right now. Now we just have to believe we can stick together physically and mentally in a close game. Trust your teammate trust yourself. But acknowledge it is a weakness. Acknowledge that your fan base for the most part (in deference to our optimistic posters) has concerns that it could be a weakness. And use that as a way to motivate the team to get over it ( create the proverbial chip on the shoulder) because it is the only thing standing between this team being very good or great. Sometimes whether it is comfortable or not tough love is the best medicine. Believe me I want this team to prove me wrong. That I should never have doubted. With all that said…even though I believe we are a top 8 team and we might be better than that…for me if we get to the second weekend the season is a success and we can look to next year and watch AK and DC and the rest of the team continue to make us UConn again!

Reaction Score
If you're right I will come on here and say you were right. If they're better than a 5 seed will you come on here and admit you were wrong?
I was wrong and am happy that we are a 4-seed! Playing Iona w/Pitino is like a booby prize to go along with the honor. Toughest bracket w/Kansas, Zags and UCLA! GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
I was wrong and am happy that we are a 4-seed! Playing Iona w/Pitino is like a booby prize to go along with the honor. Toughest bracket w/Kansas, Zags and UCLA! GO HUSKIES!
I thought they had a shot at a 3 seed but once I saw Xavier was a 3 I figured UConn was a 4.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The region isn't a problem. The opponents aren't a problem. If we play our game we'll do fine, if not, it wouldn't have made a difference who we played or in which region we played them.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Haven't compared my amateur try to the big boys yet, but did nail seed + region on 17 teams, and seed (not region) on another 28. So 66.1% on picking correct seeds. Didn't have Pitt, Nevada or Princeton (thus Okla St, Ariz St. and Yale were misses). So 95.6% correct teams.

If I do better than Lunardi and Palm, I'm gonna do this as a side hustle :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom