NCAA Outlines Transfer Waiver Guidelines - Coach Change Among Denials | The Boneyard

NCAA Outlines Transfer Waiver Guidelines - Coach Change Among Denials

Reaction Score
Mental well being will be a catch-all for waivers for second transfers. All of the things that will not merit a waiver could arguably fall under the mental health exception. I get it's a second transfer but college kids change majors often while trying to figure their futures but NCAA not really interested in that. Coaching change seems like it should be legit as well.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I don't mind some of it, but the no participation opportunity is odd. So if a coach doesn't want you on the team (recruited over you) you can't transfer out. Yikes.

Reaction Score
I don't mind some of it, but the no participation opportunity is odd. So if a coach doesn't want you on the team (recruited over you) you can't transfer out. Yikes.
Yeah, that'd mess with my mental health and well-being.

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I'll try to find the tweet, however there may have been some comments at Rick Pitino's intro presser at St John's, referencing that he's gonna bring "his guys in" or something like that, so perhaps the NCAA is sending a message to both players and coaches regarding 2x transfers?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I'll try to find the tweet, however there may have been some comments at Rick Pitino's intro presser at St John's, referencing that he's gonna bring "his guys in" or something like that, so perhaps the NCAA is sending a message to both players and coaches regarding 2x transfers?

Reaction Score

I think you can transfer. Once they get the "free" transfer, the player would have to sit out. It would be a reason the waiver is denied.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I think you can transfer. Once they get the "free" transfer, the player would have to sit out. It would be a reason the waiver is denied.
Exactly. If you are transferring for a second time, you just have to sit out a year, just like the good 'ol days (for most players). :):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If a school takes your scholarship, then that's not a transfer. The player is being kicked out.

Reaction Score
If a school takes your scholarship, then that's not a transfer. The player is being kicked out.
Are you talking about once you go in portal, you lose your scholarship or just having scholarship pulled?

Reaction Score
Are you talking about once you go in portal, you lose your scholarship or just having scholarship pulled?
I'm talking you leave for a second time because your scholarship isn't renewed.

Reaction Score
It's going to be interesting to see how this shakes out over the next year. I'm with those who believe the coaching change should qualify for a waiver, especially when coaches opt to bring in their own players like Pitino is indicating in the clip.

If the new coach offers them the opportunity to stay and they leave, that's one thing as it could be to their benefit to stay (ex. Illinois). But if the new coach is clearly stating that they're cleaning house and current players won't get a chance to prove themselves, why should they be penalized? And when you hear coaches like Pitino and Deion Sanders at Colorado publicly stating this when they are hired, how does the NCAA not see that this should be an exception? It's not like the players don't have proof to back up their claim.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom