NCAA just told UConn that Blaney gets credit for the 2 wins and 1 loss | The Boneyard

NCAA just told UConn that Blaney gets credit for the 2 wins and 1 loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How much do you want to make a bet that if UConn went 0-3 they would give the credit to JC?
agreed. when did they announce the suspension? they had all that time to rule, but waited until two days after it's served.

Certainly looks like they wanted to see how we did before deciding.

Reaction Score
Try to explain that in the record books moving forward and looking back. It's going to look like JC coached UConn from 198x to 2011, Blaney from 2011-12, then JC from 2012-?.

Let's just pretend that the coaching JC did with these players before December 28th never happened and had no impact on what they did in the 3 games during his absence.

This is just a petty and bush move by the NCAAs. I do wonder what they did with the games that Pearl from Tenn missed while he had his SEC sanctioned sabbatical last season. Does anyone know if those games counted or not. Also, didn't MSU's Izzo have to sit out one game for some silly violation? Did that game get kicked from his total? If these games counted for those coaches, UConn should appeal this ruling.

Reaction Score
agreed. when did they announce the suspension? they had all that time to rule, but waited until two days after it's served.

Certainly looks like they wanted to see how we did before deciding.
I'm surprised they didn't come out and say, "We'll just count the last one." :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
JC will just have to stay and coach for an extra year beyond whenever he plans to retire.

BTW, I can't believe there hasn't been some precedent for such a situation. Haven't other coaches gotten short term suspensions?

C

Chief00

They hate him and make up the rules/punishments as they go along. Retroactive punishment - no problem; double jeopardy - they can do it; etc. Both apply to APR punishment in 2013.

How many coaches have been suspended directly by the NCAA? Take a guess.

And to think there were those who disagreed with me when I said my source said it is going to be bad. The automatic banning of UC from the post season in 2013 per the new writing of the rules was solely designed to target UC. To get the votes - they exempted Black Colleges - so they would vote for the measure. It was get UConn at all cost.

So the UHART President says they may change things - we will see - but it could impact recruiting and guys leaving for the draft - so the damage could already be done - regardless of final outcome. UC can't make a case until after the semester is over -get improvement in grades - then get grades tabulated - then they have to see if UC would be allowed to report on an earlier timetable - than is currently stipulated. Lots of hurdles and won't happen soon even if it were to happen.

Reaction Score
Jerry Tarkanian and Tom Izzo are the only 2 big time coaches I can think of. I wonder if the NCAA counted their wins.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
More motivation for UConn and JC...they get tougher when their back is against the wall

Reaction Score
....did I just misunderstand the commentators for the UConn/RU game or did they not just say that the 3 games played during Calhoun's supension WILL count toward his overall record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom