OT: - NCAA Investigating a Number of Schools over NIL Violations | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: NCAA Investigating a Number of Schools over NIL Violations

Reaction Score
The men’s NCAA basketball tournament finances the NCAA. The NCAA manages all of the college championships as well as providing some funding to Division 2 and Division 3. I can see football moving away from the NCAA as the playoff already is not managed by the NCAA, but it is unlikely the rest of sports move in my opinion.

As for the NIL issues, you can’t set up a non-profit and take a tax deduction to pay people for not really doing anything and not be scrutinized by the IRS. (The Texas model.) That has become the problem. For example, the deal that Paige signed with Gatorade are the types of NIL deals that were envisioned, not handing out money to people and taking a tax deduction for it.

Reaction Score
I have it on good authority that a talented freshman named after a former Stanford basketball star has been receiving both mild and extra spicy salsa with her tortilla chips at Chipotle’s for free.

Just sayin……

This the kind of post that ends up in a 27 page report to the NCAA, along with13 8x11 glossy photos. :rolleyes:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have it on good authority that a talented freshman named after a former Stanford basketball star has been receiving both mild and extra spicy salsa with her tortilla chips at Chipotle’s for free.

Just sayin……
Well it is in the rules..

NCAA Rule 136.374 (b) 47 (iii)
When a student athlete shall choose as NIL compensation any type of chip, whether it be potato, corn, wheat or multi- grain or any type of dried snack food, the student athlete shall be entitled to choose one variety of same and shall not be entitled to multiple varieties.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom