NCAA Intention: | The Boneyard

NCAA Intention:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The NCAA may reverse its decision on UConn playing post season in 2013 but not until AO is gone, Lamb and Drummond are gone and it has seriously damaged our recruiting. This is personal between NCAA and UConn, whether its being lead by Emmert, Hathaway or whomever. The damage has been done. They have tarnished our reputation and they have seriously damaged our chances of success. Even with Blumenthal involved this seems like something that was done with serious negative intent that can never be undone and can not be challenged.

Reaction Score
I said this to a friend about a week ago. It will be interesting to see if thats what happens..

Reaction Score
I think we can still be competitive next year.

PG Boat / Bazz / Allen
SG Bazz / Boat / Omar
SF Giffey / Daniels
PF Roscoe / Olander / Bradley
C Olander / Wolfe / Bradley

It will have a Marquette-like feel to it with all the experience. I'd love for this team to make some noise next year.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
The NCAA may reverse its decision on UConn playing post season in 2013 but not until AO is gone, Lamb and Drummond are gone and it has seriously damaged our recruiting. This is personal between NCAA and UConn, whether its being lead by Emmert, Hathaway or whomever. The damage has been done. They have tarnished our reputation and they have seriously damaged our chances of success. Even with Blumenthal involved this seems like something that was done with serious negative intent that can never be undone and can not be challenged.
Didn't really hurt Cuse at all. Not sure it's a big deal to anyone except us.

Reaction Score

PG Boat / Bazz / Allen
SG Bazz / Boat / Omar
SF Giffey / Daniels

It will have a Marquette-like feel to it with all the experience. I'd love for this team to make some noise next year.
I'm sorry, but that team looks absolutely terrible. There is one guy who can really create (Shabazz is decent too I guess) in the starting lineup and two guys who can handle the ball.

Reaction Score
What I'm hoping that will be different from last year's team is that they will be more active. They won't have the size but they can always contest and keep the ball alive and then utilize its speed. It can be a team that sneaks up on some other teams.

Reaction Score
What I'm hoping that will be different from last year's team is that they will be more active. They won't have the size but they can always contest and keep the ball alive and then utilize its speed. It can be a team that sneaks up on some other teams.
IMO Giffey, Olander, Roscoe, Wolfe, Bradley, and Daniels would have to take huge steps over the offseason to make that a competitive bunch. Unfortunately right now we just don't have a big man or SF that can create any offense. Other teams wouldn't have to respect our inside game in the slightest.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I've been saying from the beginning that I don't think the NCAA has the balls to enforce their APR penalties and that it was only their intention to hurt the program in other ways. The retroactive penalties are unfair and I think they know they'd face some legal battles if they follow through with it.

It doesn't matter though. Their damage has already been done. They dragged the university (and, moreso, the student-athletes that they're supposed to be helping) through the mud.

Hopefully AD sticks around and we are cleared for post-season play next year. That would be best-case scenario.

It's a real shame that the NCAA answers to no one.

Reaction Score

PG Boat / Bazz / Allen
SG Bazz / Boat / Omar
SF Giffey / Daniels

I see a much smaller lineup than what you have here.

Gs: Boat 35/Bazz 30/Calhoun 15
SF: Daniels 20/Giffey 10/Calhoun 10
PF: Roscoe 30/Daniels 5/Giffey 5
C: Olander25/Wolf 10/Bradley 5

Reaction Score

PG Boat / Bazz / Allen
SG Bazz / Boat / Omar
SF Giffey / Daniels

Please tell me how this line up/team scores more than 55-60 points a game? There are two players in there that can score and they are both undersized point guards.

Reaction Score
Please tell me how this line up/team scores more than 55-60 points a game? There are two players in there that can score and they are both undersized point guards.

So, you know Calhoun can't score?

Reaction Score
I see a much smaller lineup than what you have here.

Gs: Boat 35/Bazz 30/Calhoun 15
SF: Daniels 20/Giffey 10/Calhoun 10
PF: Roscoe 30/Daniels 5/Giffey 5
C: Olander25/Wolf 10/Bradley 5

This frontcourt scares the *hit out of me. It's just plain UGLY.

Reaction Score
All indicators say the NCAA has no intention of reversing the ruling. Get out of denial. Sorry, man.

Reaction Score

Just my guess but I'm thinking...

Bazz 13 ppg
Boat 10
Roscoe 8
Giffey 6
Daniels 6
Olander 6
Calhoun 4
Wolfe 2
Bradley 1

Again, I'm hoping with increased PT available and a more experienced core, we'll find some points. Looks like a reasonable distribution.

A smaller line-up is also likely so maybe Omar get's more and the SF/PF gets less.

Reaction Score
So, you know Calhoun can't score?

Do you know that he can?

Assuming he averages 10-12 points per game which is solid for a freshman guard, I still do not see how that team puts up more than 55-60 ppg. There is no legitimate scorer in the 3 through 5 position. We are returning 37 ppg and losing 28ppg from a team that was 153rd in the country in scoring. The three players leaving also had the three highest FG%s.

So maybe instead of answering a question with a question you can provide an actual answer.

Reaction Score

Bazz 13 ppg
Boat 10
Roscoe 8
Giffey 6
Daniels 6
Olander 6
Calhoun 4
Wolfe 2
Bradley 1

Again, I'm hoping with increased PT available and a more experienced core, we'll find some points. Looks like a reasonable distribution.

A smaller line-up is also likely so maybe Omar get's more and the SF/PF gets less.

That is a total of 56 ppg, if we average 56ppg, we will be a .500 basketball. We averaged 69 this year, heck SFLA averaged 60 a game.

Reaction Score

Bazz 13 ppg
Boat 10
Roscoe 8
Giffey 6
Daniels 6
Olander 6
Calhoun 4
Wolfe 2
Bradley 1

I hope we will average more than 56 ppg? And if Omar only scores 4 ppg we're screwed.

Reaction Score
That is a total of 56 ppg, if we average 56ppg, we will be a .500 basketball. We averaged 69 this year, heck SFLA averaged 60 a game.
If we're starting Olander at center and have that little depth in the front court, we will not be a good defensive team. That group would also have serious issues with big guards.

caw

Reaction Score
If Drummond leaves the team has a ton of question marks and will rely on the progression of certain players. Just like this past year I think it's going to be the trio of Daniels/Roscoe/Giffey that will decide UConn's fate.

Boat/Napier/Calhoun should be fine in the backcourt, but UConn cannot afford to go small next year, with the 3 guard lineup, if the 4/5 are being manned by Olander/Bradley/Wolf and Roscoe.

Height may not be a big issue if Daniels can come on at the 3.

A big guard would be nice, but I can't imagine any eligible (non-transfer) would want to come with the NCAAT ban in place. UConn may be stuck with the current roster.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The answer to where the points are comming from is simple:
Enosh Wolfe
Mark it down. He's going have a monster year. Probably our best year from an unheralded big man since Mandeldove.

Reaction Score
Will JC mix it up defensively to create offense? We've been very vanilla defensively (conservative half-court man) since.....

Reaction Score
I don't get why people are so down on the guys we have returning next year. I think seven man core of Boatright/Shabazz/Calhoun/Deandre/Roscoe/Giffey/Olander is better than the team we had this past season. Yes, I know, UConn does not have the NBA prospects returning that they usually have, but every year teams compete with limited talent on offense. In fact, I'd wager that a starting five of Shabazz, Calhoun, Deandre, Roscoe, and Olander would be better offensively than the 11-12 group. Olander is a skilled big man who should be adjusted to the Big East pace by his junior season. The show will be run by Napier, a relatively intelligent player who will be entering his third full season as a key contributer.

You'll be surprised by Deandre and Calhoun next season. Both are skilled, relatively athletic, and good scorers. I expect Deandre to come into his own next year with nobody on the bench to replace him. Some guys play better without the quick hook, and I think Deandre just needs the green light and some confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom