NCAA in talks w/ Penn State to restore vacated Paterno wins | The Boneyard

NCAA in talks w/ Penn State to restore vacated Paterno wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why post that garbage here? I honestly don't get how they can restore stuff when there were clear violations.. This solidifies PSU as one if my least favorite programs

Reaction Score
Soon they will be honoring him again and talking about what an amazing leader of young men he was.

Reaction Score
Why post that garbage here? I honestly don't get how they can restore stuff when there were clear violations.. This solidifies PSU as one if my least favorite programs
As much as I don't like BC, it bothered me to all end they blew the Pinstripe Bowl to PSU. I hate everything that PSU and JoePa stand for. Putting young kids well being in danger all for betterment of a football program. Sick.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Of all the dumb crap the NCAA does nothing is stupider than their make-believe 'vacating' of wins.

It's such a ridiculous concept that I can't believe it's existed this long.

Reaction Score
So they get a two-year post season ban for raping kids and we get a one-year post season ban for some dude screwing up his grades.....

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm still waiting for the NCAA to announce that we're going to replay the 2013 season so that blue blood UCONN can play in the postseason tournaments that we were robbed from playing.

Reaction Score
Borrowed from another board:

They could restore the wins and give him 500 more, but everyone outside of Pennsylvania who isn't an alum of PSU has a complete understanding of exactly what happened and exactly what Joe Paterno was. There's nothing the NCAA or PSU can do to change that reality. When his name is mentioned, the Sandusky rape scandal and systematic cover up is the first thing that will come to mind, forever.

Reaction Score
Borrowed from another board:

They could restore the wins and give him 500 more, but everyone outside of Pennsylvania who isn't an alum of PSU has a complete understanding of exactly what happened and exactly what Joe Paterno was. There's nothing the NCAA or PSU can do to change that reality. When his name is mentioned, the Sandusky rape scandal and systematic cover up is the first thing that will come to mind, forever.

This is generally how I feel. But honestly if I'm a Penn State student or alum I'm appalled at how the institution has handled this entire scandal.

The balls it takes to even ask for the wins back. It just highlights that they don't really give a that any of this happened on their campus under the watchful eye of their creepy senile zombie of a head coach as long as it doesn't have any long-lasting impact on their football program.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
The balls it takes to even ask for the wins back. .

Pun intended?

either way - I dont get the NCAA at all, not one bit. They are the NFL + steroids version of discipline. It is all over the board, is not consistent and makes everyone scratch their heads, or others peni, depending on who you.

(Peni is the plural for p-e-n-i-s? like Cacti is for Cactus??)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is about NCAA overreach and the lawsuits concerning the same, nothing more.

PSU and quite frankly every school doesn't want the NCAA involved in criminal cases, nor should they be.

People up in arms about this still think it's about the FB program, when it wasn't.

Wins or no wins, the games happened and people will have their own opinions on Paterno. PSU and the State of PA have a bone to pick over $60M and the NCAA blackmail of a state sponsored institution. So the NCAA will cave on everything to settle suits with PA, PSU, and.....the Paterno family because the misconduct of the NCAA is not something the NCAA wants discovery allowed vis a vis the Miami, UNC, PSU and other cases even UCONN. You don't think their are emails in which Emmert is directing people to stick it to UConn?

Everyone will just have to live with the results of the criminal cases completed and pending.

Reaction Score
When a pervert that works for the football program is doing that crap kids, some of which were a part of the football program, on football grounds how is it not associated with the football program?

Reaction Score
This is generally how I feel. But honestly if I'm a Penn State student or alum I'm appalled at how the institution has handled this entire scandal.

The balls it takes to even ask for the wins back. It just highlights that they don't really give a that any of this happened on their campus under the watchful eye of their creepy senile zombie of a head coach as long as it doesn't have any long-lasting impact on their football program.

I'll forever view the university, program and fans as a bunch of creeps after all of this.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Don't look now but looks like Joe Pa is the all time winningest coach again....unreal....restored all the wins.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Don't look now but looks like Joe Pa is the all time winningest coach again....unreal....restored all the wins.

A man who was more concerned about legacy and W's than about what is moral and right - jeez we have too many of those types.

J. Paterno 409 2011 **
B. Bowden 377 2009
P. Warner 336 1938
B. Bryant 323 1982
A. Alonzo Stagg 314 1946
*Min. 10 seasons
**Allows Child Sex Assault on campus

(I added my own **)

Reaction Score
Waiting for PSU to embarrass themselves by spiking the football and putting the statue back up . . .

Reaction Score
Just setting the precedent for when they vacate a few FFs and NCs from UNC, then a few years later give it all back and start praising the CAROLINA WAY once the idiot masses have forgotten all about that scandal (that actually had to do with cheating the "student athlete" system) that has been going on and covered up for longer than the Penn State scandal was. And we have no one to thank but ESPN for that.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Waiting for PSU to embarrass themselves by spiking the football and putting the statue back up . . .

OT - So I happen to know who hired that plane that flew over the stadium 'take the statue down or we will' -

Responsible for others...

'Like Father Like Son' over Augusta after the Tiger Woods marital issues. I dont know all of them but they pay REAL GOOD $$ to do this so as the airport/pilots do NOT reveal who paid for them and allow the media to find out.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
(Peni is the plural for p-e-n-i-s? like Cacti is for Cactus??)

Penes.

Penises is also acceptable in modern English.

JoePa and everyone involved with that scandal will always be known as scumbags of the highest order. And as whaler said, vacating wins or not doesn't change what happened on the field nor does it change that everyone knows that many people within the organization were aware of child rape and allowed it to continue. It's a silly technicality that doesn't matter at all.

The postseason ban was far shorter than it should have been. It should have been many more years with every player free to transfer without needing to sit out a year. This would have minimally punished the players who were just caught up in the fallout and it would have crippled the football program. There was no other acceptable punishment.

Reaction Score
We knew this would happen. That's why some called for a 1-2 year death penalty. Give them time to re-assess priorities. They couldn't give that back and could have relaxed transfer rules for the players. Now a great lesson has been taught. It's called keep litigating. Just like BP.

Reaction Score
I thought the point of vacating the wins was to send a message to PSU that too much emphasis was put on the success of the football team. So, restoring the wins sends the message that their priorities weren't misplaced and they should continue putting the football program above everything else. Good job, NCAA?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If this ever happened at UCONN, I would be beyond embarrassed and ashamed of my school, in the program that this cover-up occurred, and in my state for not pursuing swift and harsh criminal and civil justice (if they didn't). What strikes me as the most surprising and appalling part of all of this, from the day that this scandal was unearthed to yesterday's decision to wipe the school's corrupt slate clean (thanks to the state of PA), is the Penn State's fanbase/community's absolute blind devotion to it during all of this.

One thing is certain: winning football games has been and will always be of most importance to the Penn State community. At any cost.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
One thing is certain: winning football games has been and will always be of most importance to the Penn State community. At any cost.
The sad thing is that you can omit Penn State and put in the name of any major program and the sentence would still be true...there's far too much being covered up at major programs on all levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom