Men - NCAA CWS Road to Omaha Thread (Non-UConn Games) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Men NCAA CWS Road to Omaha Thread (Non-UConn Games)

Reaction Score
I feel for Kopps right now, dude is an absolute stud and his team just didn’t give him the run support. It happens, it’s baseball. Cool that NC State is moving on though

Reaction Score
Not sure you could have had a better season than he did for hogs. His season was video game stuff against the best competition in country in SEC.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Kopps comes out of that game injury free, that was a lot of pitches tonight

Reaction Score
Hopefully Kopps comes out of that game injury free, that was a lot of pitches tonight
Kopps had a great effort last night and great season. Another pitcher that had a great game was Virginia's Griff McGarry against Dallas Baptist and Kouba. Griff was forced out of the game due to a bleeding ring finger. He has had blister issues in the past on his thumb but this appeared to be another injury. You could tell that he was incredibly disappointed to come out of the game. A closeup show his handing shaking and the announcers thought that was due to adrenaline. But at least Virginia won the game. This time of year, you can only hope that your pitchers and team plays to the best of their abilities.

Reaction Score
Kavades just took one out of the ballpark (literally). Monster shot. ND still down 11-7.

Reaction Score

Great field. Texas and MSU bring a ton of fans usually and I am thinking Tennessee is going to show up big as well. Glad Stanford is back for the first time since the Rosenblatt days. UVA and Vandy are getting a little tired and their fans aren't much fun, but they are becoming mainstays now so what can ya do. Arizona is a classic brand and NCST will be a nice change of pace.

Was really hoping Dallas Baptist would make it, one small school makes the first weekend more interesting.

Really any field would have been great. I didn't realize how much I was going to miss the CWS last summer, going to be a welcome two weeks of sun, beer, and baseball in Downtown Omaha.

Reaction Score
Hoping to make it out there some time soon
A tour of the SEC ballparks is now on my bucket list. They said during the Notre Dame game yesterday that ND played in front of more fans during the super regional than they did for the entire season combined up to that point. There were more than 40K at the super regional. The fans also treat players from both teams to barbeque after the game.

Although not as many fans as Mississippi State, UCF allows pickup trucks and other vehicles to back up to the outfield and watch the games while grilling their food and drinking their beverages.

Reaction Score
A tour of the SEC ballparks is now on my bucket list. They said during the Notre Dame game yesterday that ND played in front of more fans during the super regional than they did for the entire season combined up to that point. There were more than 40K at the super regional. The fans also treat players from both teams to barbeque after the game.

Although not as many fans as Mississippi State, UCF allows pickup trucks and other vehicles to back up to the outfield and watch the games while grilling their food and drinking their beverages.
It really is awesome to go see the SEC and even some ACC baseball stadiums. I haven't made any of the recent regionals but when we followed the 2011 team, the Clemson and SC trips were amazing. Clemson had a line of RV's tailgating a day a head of the regional just like it was a football game. And then at South Carolina, attendance was listed at about 8K but it felt like 12K-ish with the standing room people on the concourse. And more than just attendance, it was the fans are really locked in and full of energy. Highly recommend the trips.

Reaction Score
I go to quite a few UGA games. They’re always a good time. It’s something when LSU is in town and they all have their campers and tailgate like it’s a football game.

Georgia Tech’s park is really cool too and has a great view.

I highly recommend attending a UGA-Tech game on either campus or at the Braves stadium (which is year in year out the highest attended college baseball game in the country). It’s the most intense college baseball atmosphere I’ve ever been apart of.

Reaction Score
I go to quite a few UGA games. They’re always a good time. It’s something when LSU is in town and they all have their campers and tailgate like it’s a football game.

Georgia Tech’s park is really cool too and has a great view.

I highly recommend attending a UGA-Tech game on either campus or at the Braves stadium (which is year in year out the highest attended college baseball game in the country). It’s the most intense college baseball atmosphere I’ve ever been apart of.
Good suggestions from HookC22 and Guapo. I have only been to Florida so far for a SEC game. Georgia and Georgia Tech are not too far for me to attend games either so a UGA-Tech game is in my future. After watching the Columbia super regional, I am kicking myself for not making the trip since seats were plentiful.

Speaking of LSU, who is the favorite as the new head coach?

Reaction Score
Good suggestions from HookC22 and Guapo. I have only been to Florida so far for a SEC game. Georgia and Georgia Tech are not too far for me to attend games either so a UGA-Tech game is in my future. After watching the Columbia super regional, I am kicking myself for not making the trip since seats were plentiful.

Speaking of LSU, who is the favorite as the new head coach?

Where y’at @HCCForever?

Reaction Score
game flew. Hard to be any more dominant than leiter was and he still lost. Hats off to the frosh from state. He did this against Vanderbilt and Arkansas….unreal talent

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom