NCAA clears Auburn | The Boneyard

NCAA clears Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
No surprise there. How long until they 'clear' Miami as well?

http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/32681111

The NCAA announced on Wednesday that it had found no major rules violations in Auburn's signing of Newton. The NCAA also announced that it had concluded an investigation into the claims of four former Auburn players on HBO's Real Sports that Auburn had provided the players with extra benefits, and again, the NCAA found no wrongdoing by anybody at Auburn.

So let me get this straight....you have former players admitting to being paid by boosters....but yet you didn't find enough proof? Did you need a video of the entire transaction with time stamps and DNA evidence?

At what point does the NCAA just lose all credibility?

Reaction Score
No surprise there. How long until they 'clear' Miami as well?

http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/32681111

The NCAA announced on Wednesday that it had found no major rules violations in Auburn's signing of Newton. The NCAA also announced that it had concluded an investigation into the claims of four former Auburn players on HBO's Real Sports that Auburn had provided the players with extra benefits, and again, the NCAA found no wrongdoing by anybody at Auburn.

So let me get this straight....you have former players admitting to being paid by boosters....but yet you didn't find enough proof? Did you need a video of the entire transaction with time stamps and DNA evidence?

At what point does the NCAA just lose all credibility?
I'd use my Godfather metaphor here as well but it's getting old.

Reaction Score
so were expected to believe that he turned down 200k from msu, and went to auburn for nothing ???

sure

Reaction Score
so were expected to believe that he turned down 200k from msu, and went to auburn for nothing ???

sure
Looks to me like the ruling makes it ok for a parent to get money, as long as the player doesn't ask for it. The whole thing sucks and he's a cheating pos.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
07-minister.jpg

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I can't wait for Boise State's Tennis Coach to get hit again, those cheating bastages...

Reaction Score
I can't wait for Boise State's Tennis Coach to get hit again, those cheating bastages...

Can you blame them, though? With all the money and fame associated with NCAA women's tennis, it's easy for someone to give into temptation and break the rules.

Reaction Score
Egg in the face of Fienbaum and the other guy Sheridan they was getting bash on the other sports radio show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom