NCAA Bribery Prosecutors Win Cooperation From Team Director | The Boneyard

NCAA Bribery Prosecutors Win Cooperation From Team Director

Reaction Score

>>The director of an amateur Massachusetts basketball team affiliated with Adidas AG agreed to plead guilty and cooperate with prosecutors investigating an NCAA bribery scandal, according to a copy of the agreement made public Friday.

Thomas "T.J." Gassnola entered the plea on March 30 to federal charges that he made payments to families of high school student-athletes in exchange for their commitment to play for certain universities, according to the filing. The plea and cooperation agreements were sealed by a judge at the request of prosecutors.<<

Reaction Score
'Big development' in college hoops corruption case as grassroots boss makes plea deal with feds

>>Perhaps more important, the paperwork also shows that Gassnola participated in numerous proffer sessions with the federal prosecutors “in which he’s disclosed his criminal activities and those of others,” according to the federal paperwork. In these sessions, the information included “the scheme charged in the information and other, related schemes, including information involving individuals and/or conduct that has not yet been charged.”<<

Reaction Score
Kansas, Louisville and Indiana are the 3 top Adidas programs. Miami, ASU and NC State as well. Some are already in hot water. More sneakers to drop I'm sure.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Kansas, Louisville and Indiana are the 3 top Adidas programs. Miami, ASU and NC State as well. Some are already in hot water. More sneakers to drop I'm sure.
I cant believe Mack took the Louisville job. It's going to be so ugly for them.

Reaction Score
The NCAA will do nothing and Kansas will be in the B1G in a few years

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

>>The director of an amateur Massachusetts basketball team affiliated with Adidas AG agreed to plead guilty and cooperate with prosecutors investigating an NCAA bribery scandal, according to a copy of the agreement made public Friday.

Thomas "T.J." Gassnola entered the plea on March 30 to federal charges that he made payments to families of high school student-athletes in exchange for their commitment to play for certain universities, according to the filing. The plea and cooperation agreements were sealed by a judge at the request of prosecutors.<<

I knew it was him when I saw the headline.

I knew TJ a bit a few years ago, this is how do you say... not a surprise.

Reaction Score
Another piece?

Is another college basketball program about to be named in the FBI's corruption case?

>>Federal prosecutors said in a court filing on Monday that the government plans on seeking a superseding indictment in the case involving former Auburn men's basketball associate head coach Chuck Person and clothing company owner Rashan Michel. They are accused of conspiring in a bribery scheme to steer athletes to certain financial advisers and to do business with Michel's company.<<

>>Authorities said Michel helped facilitate $25,000 in bribes to an unnamed staff member at an unidentified university. Michel was also allegedly part of an Aug. 31 meeting in Atlanta that included the unnamed staff member and the father of a highly touted incoming freshman basketball player. During the meeting, the staff member allegedly encouraged the athlete's father to hire a financial adviser, who was also present.<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Another piece?

Is another college basketball program about to be named in the FBI's corruption case?

>>Federal prosecutors said in a court filing on Monday that the government plans on seeking a superseding indictment in the case involving former Auburn men's basketball associate head coach Chuck Person and clothing company owner Rashan Michel. They are accused of conspiring in a bribery scheme to steer athletes to certain financial advisers and to do business with Michel's company.<<

>>Authorities said Michel helped facilitate $25,000 in bribes to an unnamed staff member at an unidentified university. Michel was also allegedly part of an Aug. 31 meeting in Atlanta that included the unnamed staff member and the father of a highly touted incoming freshman basketball player. During the meeting, the staff member allegedly encouraged the athlete's father to hire a financial adviser, who was also present.<<

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ugh, I hope KO had no relationship with this guy other than buying a couple of suits.

Reaction Score

Can't remember but isn't UCF an adidas school? Not a top school obviously, but still one of 'em?

Reaction Score
Weren't they adidas back when the Jordan brothers were on the BB team?
Yes. Now I remember what you are thinking about. Marcus Jordan wore Air Jordan sneakers and refused to wear Adidas and this cost UCF their Adidas sponsorship. Probably why there are sponsored by Nike now.

Reaction Score
="whaler11, post: 2704094, member: 676" how do you say... not a surprise.
"Unsurprising".
;)

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Auburn must have been sooo dirty. They just started landing multiple top 25 kids a few years ago, out of no where after they hadn't been competitive for years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom