NC state vs BC a good game on ESPN right now | The Boneyard

NC state vs BC a good game on ESPN right now

Reaction Score
The 3 point shot was like a lay up for these teams down the stretch. Like watching another sport after watching our team all year.

Reaction Score
NC St gave the game away. Poor inbounds play and then calling a TO when they didn't have any.

Reaction Score
BC is tough, like them hope they win the damn ACC tourney screw the rest of those Tobacco Road P'sOS.

This tourney amazes me, it has a ton of kids who have gotten paid according to the FBI - a team who has kids who didn't know how to get to class and a team who's kids were blown, screwed and paid 150K to top it off yet all are eligible for their league tourney and the NCAA tourney. Our kids did none of that, some went to class and sucked at it some left early and didn't finish but none of the issues above yet we couldn't play in the Big East tourney nor the NCAA tourney? Really? WTF the NCAA should be embarrassed, but I know they aren't they have their own rules made up annually covering the P5's.:rolleyes:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
BC is tough, like them hope they win the damn ACC tourney screw the rest of those Tobacco Road P'sOS.

This tourney amazes me, it has a ton of kids who have gotten paid according to the FBI - a team who has kids who didn't know how to get to class and a team who's kids were blown, screwed and paid 150K to top it off yet all are eligible for their league tourney and the NCAA tourney. Our kids did none of that, some went to class and sucked at it some left early and didn't finish but none of the issues above yet we couldn't play in the Big East tourney nor the NCAA tourney? Really? WTF the NCAA should be embarrassed, but I know they aren't they have their own rules made up annually covering the P5's.:rolleyes:

I am forced to qualify my like, mau. Rooting for the Evil Empire of Father Lie-hee is not cool under any circumstances, no matter how much one despises the slime of despicable Tobacco Road. I heartily agree with the rest of your message.

Reaction Score
I am forced to qualify my like, mau. Rooting for the Evil Empire of Father Lie-hee is not cool under any circumstances, no matter how much one despises the slime of despicable Tobacco Road. I heartily agree with the rest of your message.

I still have some great memories of Chestnut Hill I have to admit. 2 very good buddies played big parts on the football and hoops team respectively and I witnessed a lot gf games on campus back the day. So while I get the BS of the ACC and BC, I have to think about my buddy who's up there watching helping them along this week (and he was the football player). The other who played hoops was at his kids game in the stands as they showed him, the Northeastern game.

But I hear ya, no issues I agree for the most part. But still hate 'Bacco Rd more and Louisville.

UConnNick

Reaction Score

I must confess that I was raised by a father whose hatred of all things ACC was epic. He hated it so much he spent many evenings glued to his multi-band German engineered radio that could pick up faint radio signals from as far away as Mars.

He listened to the ACC BB Network on WBT in Charlotte, a 50,000 watt powerhouse, long before the era of all-you-can-eat CBB on TV. He was obsessed. No man was ever happier the year Penn knocked every Tobacco Road pretender out, winning the East Regional for a berth in the 1979 Final Four, and doing it in their own NC backyard, adding insult to injury!

Reaction Score
I still have some great memories of Chestnut Hill I have to admit. 2 very good buddies played big parts on the football and hoops team respectively and I witnessed a lot gf games on campus back the day. So while I get the BS of the ACC and BC, I have to think about my buddy who's up there watching helping them along this week (and he was the football player). The other who played hoops was at his kids game in the stands as they showed him, the Northeastern game.

But I hear ya, no issues I agree for the most part. But still hate 'Bacco Rd more and Louisville.

I really like that campus (BC). Went to visit when 17. Some years ago. Been on the Duke campus when I was 16. Liked it. Seems like 50 years ago. Ohhhhhhhhh wait it almost was! Not quite but...

Reaction Score
I must confess that I was raised by a father whose hatred of all things ACC was epic. He hated it so much he spent many evenings glued to his multi-band German engineered radio that could pick up faint radio signals from as far away as Mars.

He listened to the ACC BB Network on WBT in Charlotte, a 50,000 watt powerhouse, long before the era of all-you-can-eat CBB on TV. He was obsessed. No man was ever happier the year Penn knocked every Tobacco Road pretender out, winning the East Regional for a berth in the 1979 Final Four, and doing it in their own NC backyard, adding insult to injury!
Black Sunday. It was something I’d read about in books but I think it was a semi-distant memory when I was growing up in the 90s.

Reaction Score
You will never find me cheering for BC. For me, cheering for BC is like cheering for Cuse, but worse. Even with Duke, UNC and Kentucky, I pull for them over BC, Cuse, Lville and Pitt...

Reaction Score
You will never find me cheering for BC. For me, cheering for BC is like cheering for Cuse, but worse. Even with Duke, UNC and Kentucky, I pull for them over BC, Cuse, Lville and Pitt...

To each his own. I look at the kids for the most part and I like that team, fun to watch bunch of creative scorers and a couple bigs who can handle the post a little. Kid Reyes has gotten better and 21 holds his gored and makes his lay ups/jump hooks enough. Could never root for any of the 3 mentioned playing against the Beagles, never.

Reaction Score
To each his own. I look at the kids for the most part and I like that team, fun to watch bunch of creative scorers and a couple bigs who can handle the post a little. Kid Reyes has gotten better and 21 holds his gored and makes his lay ups/jump hooks enough. Could never root for any of the 3 mentioned playing against the Beagles, never.
Ok, I am going to reluctantly check them out tomorrow during breaks between classes.

Reaction Score

If Bowman returns and Hawkins gets a 6th year look out. I think the names are right. Plus I know they add a Top 60ish player.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
BC guards are the real deal, Sweet. Best I've seen this year as far as the ACC is concerned. If they don't bolt they will make that team tough next year
BUT I despise BC - everything about that school except their old mens soccer coach - Benny Brewster - I got to know him and he is a stand-up guy
Screw BC and what they did to UConn and the ACC
The damn tourney is in NYC/Brooklyn and no more that 100 BC fans - pitiful

Reaction Score

UNC,Duke, Wake, all supported Uconn to the ACC. The other "BaccoRd" school NC State would have gone either way. BC was vehemently against UConn always. You can't blame Louisville who had an AD who knew what it took to get them the invite. Regardless of what anyone thinks about him, he was a great success for Louisville athletics. I will never support BC over anyone. Ever. They and FSU are the most evil of all, and throw in Syracuse for the fun of it.

Reaction Score
BC guards are the real deal, Sweet. Best I've seen this year as far as the ACC is concerned. If they don't bolt they will make that team tough next year
BUT I despise BC - everything about that school except their old mens soccer coach - Benny Brewster - I got to know him and he is a stand-up guy
Screw BC and what they did to UConn and the ACC
The damn tourney is in NYC/Brooklyn and no more that 100 BC fans - pitiful
If the tourney was in Boston, then you would have a point. Brooklyn, not so much. I wonder how many UConn fans will there be in Orlando tomorrow? How was AAC tourney in Hartford last year? I don't think UConn fans are in a position to mock other schools who are P5. They are in and UConn is out. Doesn't matter how many BC fans were there.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Black Sunday. It was something I’d read about in books but I think it was a semi-distant memory when I was growing up in the 90s.

Yes, Tobacco Road was awash in tears that weekend.

Reaction Score
UNC,Duke, Wake, all supported Uconn to the ACC. The other "BaccoRd" school NC State would have gone either way. BC was vehemently against UConn always. You can't blame Louisville who had an AD who knew what it took to get them the invite. Regardless of what anyone thinks about him, he was a great success for Louisville athletics. I will never support BC over anyone. Ever. They and FSU are the most evil of all, and throw in Syracuse for the fun of it.
Neither Duke or UNC supported Uconn. Lvile worked because of FB and Pitt because they checked a bunch of boxes. There were 5 to 9 votes against Uconn. BC, Cuse, NC State, FSU, Clemson, Miami, Duke, UNC and probably UA.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Except State fans. Duke and UNC lost on their homecourt. My dad was happy about that.

I would guess those games were played in Greensboro. That was a home court for any NC team that Penn played that weekend.

We attended the Sweet 16/Elite Eight rounds in Greensboro in 1976. UCONN lost to then undefeated Rutgers, with Phil Sellers and Eddie Jordan. VMI beat DePaul in the other game. Dave Corzine was DePaul's big man. Rutgers routed VMI to advance to the FF. Bobby Knight's Indiana team won it...last team to go undefeated for the entire season.

Reaction Score
Neither Duke or UNC supported Uconn. Lvile worked because of FB and Pitt because they checked a bunch of boxes. There were 5 to 9 votes against Uconn. BC, Cuse, NC State, FSU, Clemson, Miami, Duke, UNC and probably UA.
You are wrong. And who is UA? If you mean UVa, they were in UConn's camp. When decisions are publicly released it is unanimous. Behind closed doors the tobacco road schools supported UConn, but there was not enough support to make it worth while for the to be a schism in the conference. They needed to keep FSU and Clemson happy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom