NC State Preview/Predictions | The Boneyard

NC State Preview/Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Idk what to expect from NC State. But I do know I’m not afraid of any team sans Gonzaga with the talent we have. I’m back to expecting wins. Wolf Pack VS The Huskies. Who’s the big dog? Can Bouk put together a complete game? Is Josh Carlton really back? Cole and Gaff, you there? Can Polley get going? All will be answered on the next episode of, “It’s Coming”. Saturday at 12!

Reaction Score
Three man weave has a great preview write up.

Seems like they will want to play small ball. Seems like a good game to get Jackson going again. It will be nice after playing USC not deal with that length. Need bouk to put together a 40 minute game.I think Whaley will go off for 15 plus points.

Reaction Score
I like our chances against Gonzaga more than Baylor . I wonder if we keep the 2 bigs at the same time against NC State.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the spread is out yet? I’m gonna guess after our performance yesterday , UConn -4. I don’t kno anything about nc st but assuming they are not as good as usc

Reaction Score
I wonder if the spread is out yet? I’m gonna guess after our performance yesterday , UConn -4. I don’t kno anything about nc st but assuming they are not as good as usc
No spread yet. I was actually thinking this was going the other way. Line will be somewhere between NC state -2 to a pick em in my opinion

Reaction Score
I wonder if the spread is out yet? I’m gonna guess after our performance yesterday , UConn -4.

Draft Kings only has the Gonzaga/Baylor game up for tomorrow. Should post this evening at some point. KenPom has us by 1, but it's factoring in a "Semi-home" environment and I'm not sure that's entirely accurate with no fans and both teams being on site for several days. By rating on a true neutral, KenPom would have NC State favored by a point or two. Vegas did factor in a litlte home court I think for us last game, so I'm guessing UConn -1 again.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
They’re experienced, returning 4 starters. They like to run(which I think is a huge mistake against us). That’s all I know.

Reaction Score
Doing another one of my pregame live streams tomorrow at 11 @JaredKotler on twitter. Bringing on an NC State beat writer to give the low down on the team. And if you're not on Twitter can follow along on the podcast YouTube channel: Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast
Get me involved here, I’d like to share a piece of my mind. I bring the spice, get with my assistant

Last edited:
Reaction Score
NC State is 36 in Kenpom and a sleeper to get into the top 6 of the AAC. They’re better than USC. Would expect a line of like -3ish for NC state.

Reaction Score
Really ? even though NC State is also unranked and we are playing at Mohegan (kind of home court) and the fact we looked pretty good against USC yesterday - plus you know the general public will probably love jumping on Uconn as a new hot team to bet on. Surprised. I’ll say UConn -2 now. Lol. if you took any team ranked 15 through 25 right now playing against UConn in a semi HomeCourt situation I would guess none of them will be more than a three point favorite.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Yesterday’s predictions gave me a good chuckle so I’m sure this thread will too.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't love playing the Wolf Pack in a tournament that is part of the Jimmy V. Classic.

No worries. They need to cry once a day to live up to his wonderful speech. We can help that along. Just doing our part for his legacy!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm pretty decent friends with Thomas Allen, he is pretty bullish on their team this year, says they have high expectations for this season. Devon Daniels is their best player but they have quite a few guys who can get a bucket.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yeah as someone pointed out, I don’t love KenPom calling this a “semi-home”

Reaction Score
They’re experienced, returning 4 starters.

In this wacky season I think that counts for more than normal. Coaches haven't had time to go through their normal season preparatory regiment, so teams trying to incorporate a lot of new parts have a higher lift.

Reaction Score
Not a line but ESPN has NC State as a 60% favorite tomorrow

Reaction Score
Could be a big win if we can pull it out. NCState will be the favorite, we still have a lot to prove offensively. Defense looked good yesterday. I’m just praying we have some refs with stones who don’t call a foul every trip for a hand check.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Fear the Cauldron of Intensity!

1607110631973.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads