NC State 77 - BU 73 *nm* | The Boneyard

NC State 77 - BU 73 *nm*

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
NC State is #64 in the Ken Pom ratings, UConn #80. Fits with the similar margin of victory. Was this your point?

Reaction Score
NC State is #64 in the Ken Pom ratings, UConn #80. Fits with the similar margin of victory. Was this your point?

Not exactly. Just that maybe our "bad" win vs BU wasn't so "bad".

Reaction Score

I think the point is that BU (#153) is better than Northeastern (#192) and Wagner (#214), so maybe we're making progress?

Then again, for those of us who watched the game, maybe not. But, as far as buy games go, it could have been worse. BC lost to Nicholls State (#307). Cuse eked out a win over #230 North Florida today. Temple lost to #179 New Hampshire and then went out and beat #35 Florida State and #9 West Virginia a couple weeks later. Louisville got pushed by #175 Grand Canyon today. I could go on but you get the point. We suck, but there is a lot of suck out there, so maybe that means we're not as far away as we think? Grasping at straws I know.

The most striking thing to me during the BU game was that BU didn't even play well. Usually when UConn is getting pushed by a low-major it's because they're playing terribly. This time it seemed like a low-major was playing terribly and getting pushed by UConn. Scary. Monday is almost here and I started drinking yesterday. Go Huskies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I'll still take the ugliest win over the prettiest loss any day of the week, month or year

Reactions: pj

pj

Reaction Score
I'll still take the ugliest win over the prettiest loss any day of the week, month or year

Yes. This team lost two of its best 3 players and still progressed from bad losses to a bad win. BU is significantly better than Wagner or Northeastern. The team is making progress. What's unfathomable is why it started so badly.

Reaction Score
Yes. This team lost two of its best 3 players and still progressed from bad losses to a bad win. BU is significantly better than Wagner or Northeastern. The team is making progress. What's unfathomable is why it started so badly.

I saw Northeastern play BU and they were neck and neck so BU is not significantly better than NE. But I do agree both are better than Wagner so that loss is inexcusable. Having said all of this, I do believe the BU game was the worst of all of them on our Huskies part while we also say BU have one of their worst shooting performances they will encounter most of the year. Perfect storm W. (or is it imperfect?)

Reaction Score
People need to temper expectations this year. We are not good. We lost 2 of our 3 best players and another top 100 recruit. It is going to be a down year, take the wins where you can get them.

Reaction Score
I will take Wagner then.

Wagner had 4 starters back and two damn good guards (including the kid who left with an ankle injury ... is he back playing?). Wagner was one team on that first game that looked like they had played all summer long together ... and had very few unforced errors. Tough tough team to play the first time out in real time.

Reaction Score
Please tell me you idiots will spare us the dozens of threads that would otherwise be posted when Wagner NEU and BU lose this season. It's already getting ridiculous. We know we lost to and barely beat some poor teams.

When you're continuing what @JSM1970 AKA that miserable dolt husky91 started, you should know you're being a

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
People need to temper expectations this year. We are not good. We lost 2 of our 3 best players and another top 100 recruit. It is going to be a down year, take the wins where you can get them.
Plus the 3 best players from last years team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog