NBT: Meanwhile professional golfers play on | The Boneyard

NBT: Meanwhile professional golfers play on

Reaction Score
The Players Championship at Sawgass is taking place as scheduled. Most of the big names were there. Crowds were not huge but it was more than 100 or 500.

It is somewhat different. Sunshine is the mortal enemy of viruses. Florida has moisture rich air which slows the spread of airborne viruses. But there are a lot of elderly folks in the state and they are the most endangered group.

I will be very interested to see how this plays out.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Valspar has been cancelled. Actually though small venue gold tourneys like this might be easier to avoid people contact.

Reaction Score
There's also a big difference between hoops and golf. In golf they aren't banging bodies and exchanging bodily fluids. Basketball players are all over each other throughout the game and hard not to pass gems to one another.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The "social separation" between players and caddies isn't hard to do. Have someone around each green and wipe down the flag stick between groups.

Reaction Score
Right. I think PGA tour will wind up postponing by end of the weekend

Reaction Score
Well, it may be the only sport where you can't touch the same ball, where you don't have to touch or be near another opponent, share any equipment, speak any word, arrive or leave with anyone, except perhaps a caddy which is optional.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Wish they tested beer glasses, golf balls, all those tablet screens they make you touch now, the touch screen at my ATM, the touch screen at the gas station that SO needs my zip code, and the finger signer thing at my local wine store,!

Attachments

• COVID Viability.pdf
    667.8 KB · Views: 125
Reaction Score
During a pandemic, the best place to be IMO is on the golf course smacking whitey around.

Supposed to play tomorrow in CT thinking of canceling. Paying inside, the carts, the pins so much still to concern yourself with life kinda blows right now. Wouldn't mind missing golf if there were an abundance of college hoops games on but this sucks. And I need toilet paper LOL

Reaction Score
Supposed to play tomorrow in CT thinking of canceling. Paying inside, the carts, the pins so much still to concern yourself with life kinda blows right now. Wouldn't mind missing golf if there were an abundance of college hoops games on but this sucks. And I need toilet paper LOL
Mau- play through brother. No fear.

Reaction Score
Just keep a bottle of hand sanitizer and bring some wipes for the cart. On the list of activities, golf is probably not too bad.

Reaction Score
Just got back from 3 shopping stores in Norwich and no hand sanitizer, had to race a guy for the last 3 boxes of tissue paper and I beat him, toilet paper non-existent (I hear you on that one mau). It was like black Friday out there at 7:30 this morning. I'm casting all the great uconn great bb wins to get my bb fix. All 11 wins in a row 2011 will live forever in Uconn history. Good luck and stay healthy to all.

Reaction Score
We're not quarantined yet, get a round in while you can.

Reaction Score
Keep extra gloves, keep on when paying and pulling flag. Take can of Lysol for the cart, fark what people think. Bring your own pencil if paranoid. Have fun.

The nice thing about golfing is all other worldly troubles disappear for 4 hours.

Reaction Score
Just got back from 3 shopping stores in Norwich and no hand sanitizer, had to race a guy for the last 3 boxes of tissue paper and I beat him, toilet paper non-existent (I hear you on that one mau). It was like black Friday out there at 7:30 this morning. I'm casting all the great uconn great bb wins to get my bb fix. All 11 wins in a row 2011 will live forever in Uconn history. Good luck and stay healthy to all.
Were people not using toilet paper before this pandemic?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Planning to play Weds. As you know, I’m in the vulnerable population, but have been taking precautions. My best golf friend, whom I’m playing with Weds and might be the worlds biggest golf nut, is a 3 time cancer survivor but, with precautions, is living as normally as possible.

meanwhile, I had to run an errand early today and then went to a big supermarket near me and it was bizzare. I looked for eggs, only one carton of broken shells. So many empty food shelves and forget sanitizing stuff that personally we had enough around before this started. The pres and governors should urge if not require limiting purchases to say, one or two wet wipe containers, toilet paper packs, bread etc once they come back in stock. I wonder how producers and truckers will manage to try and keep up supplies.

Fore!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom