NBE Presser | The Boneyard

NBE Presser

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I didn’t start watching until Herbst started speaking....was anything said about football? I can’t believe there were only 3 questions...and none about football? Or did I miss something?

I know this was about UConn and the BE, but you would think something has to be said about the football program.

Reaction Score
I didn’t start watching until Herbst started speaking....was anything said about football? I can’t believe there were only 3 questions...and none about football? Or did I miss something?

I know this was about UConn and the BE, but you would think something has to be said about the football program.

Nope - this was clearly not about football. They barley mentioned the “other sponsored sports”.

Now, the Herbst/Benedict sit down w/ the media whenever that occurs should be telling.

Reaction Score
With few exceptions, I don't think most of the media has a clue how strongly many of us feel about this move to the Big East and what it does to football.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
So I get why it didn’t come up in the presser, but why wouldn’t a reporter ask a question about football? Isn’t it the elephant in the room? Of course Herbst probably wouldn’t give a substantive answer, but don’t you have to ask the question?

Reaction Score
It's the Big East press conference to announce our addition to the Big East. Of course they are propping up the conference and propping up UConn. Not the time or the place to get into the nitty gritty or football

Reaction Score
Maybe it is not the elephant in the room? Could be Herbst and DB are hearing crickets from football fans? Tom McDougall did a superb job articulating how many of us feel at yesterday's BOT meeting but he was the ONLY one to speak -- pro or con. Maybe the BE move really does have overwhelming support? I guess we will see. Of course, this took everyone on short notice and this is all transpiring on a work day. And, as stated above, the MGG presser was about the Big East and all sports except football.

Reaction Score
They throw mud against the wall and see if it sticks with football for the time being.

This is going to take time and support to iron out.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
It's the Big East press conference to announce our addition to the Big East. Of course they are propping up the conference and propping up UConn. Not the time or the place to get into the nitty gritty or football
So you don’t think a reporter should have asked about football? Again... not surprised they didn’t cover it in the press conference...I am just surprised no one asked a question about football.

Reaction Score
So you don’t think a reporter should have asked about football? Again... not surprised they didn’t cover it in the press conference...I am just surprised no one asked a question about football.

that was not the time nor place to bring up football. There will be countless opportunities to ask about football's future. A question about football in that setting would have done nothing but sling mud in the eye of the BE and draw a line in the sand right off the bat between UConn and the BE by forcing the issue in front of the conference and commissioner. It also wouldn't surprise me if a comment was made beforehand that no questions about football would be answered given that there were only 3 questions from a room full of people.

Reaction Score
So I get why it didn’t come up in the presser, but why wouldn’t a reporter ask a question about football? Isn’t it the elephant in the room? Of course Herbst probably wouldn’t give a substantive answer, but don’t you have to ask the question?
They may have been told they would be dismissed if they asked about football. Wasn't the forum for it.

Reaction Score
There's at least 13,000 on FB. ;)
Yeah when all the football fans can't fill the XL center, you know that their opinion matters

I love football. This state doesn't.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
With few exceptions, I don't think most of the media has a clue how strongly many of us feel about this move to the Big East and what it does to football.

Many of you lol. What kind of joke is this?

Reaction Score

UConn football interest is at an all time low, and even out of the remaining football supporters there's many who support this more or are at least open minded about it. What happens to football has been and will continue to be a story, but on a day meant to hype up basketball in the Big East its down the list

Reaction Score
Yeah when all the football fans can't fill the XL center, you know that their opinion matters

I love football. This state doesn't.
Dude. Please. Pointless with some of you.

"WE NEVER WON A GAME SINCE WE WENT FBS!!! AMIRITE OR AMIRITE???"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom