NBCSports - Top 20 Perimeter Attacks | The Boneyard

NBCSports - Top 20 Perimeter Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn @ #6, not sure really where they should be at but I think Kansas is a bit too high, nice collection of mostly unproven wings but question marks at PG. I remember their perimeter group being overrated to start last season too.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...-season-preview-the-top-20-perimeter-attacks/

6. UConn: Gone is Shabazz Napier. Running the show in his place this season will be Ryan Boatright. Whether or not he makes the leap that Kemba Walker and Shabazz did in their final years remains to be seen, but he’ll have plenty of help. N.C. State transfer Rodney Purvis is eligible, and top 30 recruit Daniel Hamilton has arrived as well. Throw in Terrence Samuel, Sam Cassell Jr. and Omar Calhoun, and Kevin Ollie has some serious options.

Reaction Score
Our perimeter play is going to be as good as anyone in the country. Lots of high-end talent and lots of depth. I'd probably have us third. Kansas, without a proven point guard, is much too high.

Reaction Score
I'm not seeing it at all with Kansas, Brannen Greene was really unimpressive last year, they are depending on a freshman point guard and if Oubre is considered a perimeter player than Daniel Hamilton has to be too. I think our backcourt blows them out of the water.

Reaction Score
It's one thing to be depending on a freshman point guard, but Devonte Graham was a non-elite recruit. He's going to struggle at times this season.

Reaction Score
this list stinks, no homer glasses. honestly think the best on there are uconn, ville, iowa state, and stanford.

quinn cooke ( tyus jones recieving a ton of frosh hype, gonna be hard to live up to that) and sulieman are completely meh. boat would take paige's lunch money and justin jackson isn't better than hamilton. i honestly prefer monte morris to paige

just have to wait and see though.

Reaction Score
I'm not sold on our 3 point shooting yet, which is quintessential for a backcourt, but for sure we should be able to run and attack and have great depth.

Reaction Score
Facey needs to be a dangerous pick n pop option not sure he is there yet. looks like a Jamaican track and field star attempting hoops at times. totally need shooting from hamilton and calhoun at a high clip.

U

UCONNfan1

Preseason stuff is so subjective and certainly open to interpretation and there are many arguments to be made. Just glad that we are in the discussion as a top team!

caw

Reaction Score
It's one thing to be depending on a freshman point guard, but Devonte Graham was a non-elite recruit. He's going to struggle at times this season.

He was at one point, but he was very good last year as a postgrad. Their Euro guy is supposed to be very good also.

Reaction Score
It is that: where do we have a consistently dangerous 3 point shooter to spread the floor and make opponents guard a wide area. Then, Samuel & Boatwright & Purvis are GREAT taking it to the hole. Need perimeter shooting.

Reaction Score
With their backcourt size and strength (Purvis & T-Sam), speed and tenacity (Boat), depth (Omar & Cassell), and athletic bigs with motors (Brimah & Facey), why not play 40 minutes of hell? That would reduce the halfcourt set and promote the run and gun. The only downside would be the big's vulnerability and propensity for fouls with a no-depth big's bench. Although in this system D-Ham can play the four and pick off the long ball like a cornerback. Nolan and Rock can hold the back line. It's unorthodox, and not our style, but it would be fun as hell to watch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul