NBC Sources: ACC Wants UConn | The Boneyard

NBC Sources: ACC Wants UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well I don't think the ACC is getting ND so UConn is on hold until the ACC figures out what Plan B is.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Still boggles my mind that the ACC took Syracuse and Pitt who have done nothing athletically in years over UConn.
Tony Dorsett and Jim Brown have retired.
Why? Not much better academically either. Their TV markets also suck.
Is it possible that we refused thinking we were in a good spot (Jeff "Freakin" Hathaway) and the ACC went around us?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I think this may have been posted elsewhere, but I could be wrong. I don't think anyone will blame you for reposting something though, everything is blending into everything else at this point.

Oh and for future threads, we have a brand new forum for realignment talk.

Reaction Score
my guess is they wanted the New York TV market with Syracuse. Pitt also has a good TV market and maybe a slightly better football program.

Reaction Score
Woops, missed the conference realignment board. my bad! Absolute terrific idea though..

Reaction Score
also possible that syracuse and pitt just acted faster than we did

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Old news for anyone reading the football board. They have beaten this topic to death with a lot of great discussion of various ideas.

All threads now on realignment forum.

BTW there is a 6:45 Mizzou presser scheduled and that might tip the way things play out in the B12. May not also.

Reaction Score
I am not sure that the ACC chose Syracuse and Pitt over UConn, those two schools may have just accepted first and UConn may have been reluctant to act because they may not havr known that the ACC was also talking to Cuse and Pitt

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I am not sure that the ACC chose Syracuse and Pitt over UConn, those two schools may have just accepted first and UConn may have been reluctant to act because they may not havr known that the ACC was also talking to Cuse and Pitt
i was wondering about that. i wonder if Pitt and Syracuse got together and approached the ACC, or if the ACC approached them.

Reaction Score
Well I don't think the ACC is getting ND so UConn is on hold until the ACC figures out what Plan B is.

I don't think the ACC has a Plan B. Frankly, they appear to be content with the present 14 UNLESS ND shows an interest in joining no less than football fortunes with the ACC. Only that 15th team could provide a reason for UConn inclusion.

Reaction Score
that title to the article is misleading, where does it say ACC Wants UConn in the article

Reaction Score
that title to the article is misleading, where does it say ACC Wants UConn in the article

"A source close to the ACC told Kevin Nathan that the ACC wants UConn and Notre Dame and likely won't make a move on the Huskies until the Irish commit either way."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom