NBC & Fox | The Boneyard

NBC & Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In Florida this morning for big east meetings.

per NYTimes.

also - basketball coaches happy that Calhoun and Boeheim not in attendance so other coaches could speak. LOL

Reaction Score
been reading as much as I can find about meetings today. lots of good stuff. Mission is being laid out.

For those that enjoy reading. Here's a 264 page document that' probably a decent roadmap that the Big East conference will be taking.

http://www.dtic.mil/doctrine/new_pubs/jp5_0.pdf

from a decent website if you want to start learning how to sort through information and find out what's good and what's garbage.

Reaction Score
Sorry....but did you just link a 264 page military document?

Yup - all public access. you can google it. Joint Operations Planning.

Probably a pretty good thing, for an organization like the big east, with so many different working parts, should have been doing for a long time, but didn't have the pre-requisite leadership.

have a nice day.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Is there a Cliff's Notes? Or Carl's Notes?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Hey, UConnCarl: don't ever change!...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He is just bat-s*** crazy.

Did he really just post a guide to conducting a military operation? The most complicated maneuver that took place at the Big East meeting today was the dunking of a shrimp in cocktail sauce and he thinks they're working off the joint chiefs' playbook.

He's too crazy for the internet and that is seriously crazy.

Reaction Score
He is just bat-s*** crazy.

Did he really just post a guide to conducting a military operation? The most complicated maneuver that took place at the Big East meeting today was the dunking of a shrimp in cocktail sauce and he thinks they're working off the joint chiefs' playbook.

He's too crazy for the internet and that is seriously crazy.
What do you expect from a kitty wearing a aluminium hat?

Reaction Score
I"m pretty sure I'll be out golfing in Scarsdale or Brae Burn after a great Saturday night around b-ball in midtown..... when this hits the airwaves in spring 2014....." And let's take a moment to welcome the Syracuse Orange persons to Greensboro for the ACC men's basketball tournament this wonderful sunday afternoon in the middle of north carolina." "Please have a seat in the corner over there next to those Boston people while we wait to see what regions Duke and North Carolina will get their #1 seedings.

Reaction Score
I"m pretty sure I'll be out golfing in Scarsdale or Brae Burn after a great Saturday night around b-ball in midtown..... when this hits the airwaves in spring 2014....." And let's take a moment to welcome the Syracuse Orange persons to Greensboro for the ACC men's basketball tournament this wonderful sunday afternoon in the middle of north carolina." "Please have a seat in the corner over there next to those Boston people while we wait to see what regions Duke and North Carolina will get their #1 seedings.

Since they will have played Pinehurst in the morning while you were playing in Westchester, you may want to rethink your revenge. If rethinking revenge is militarily allowed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What do you expect from a kitty wearing a aluminium hat?
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty thinks that her using your shoes as litter box may well make you think twice before you make another unflattering comparison to her.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I hope they gave a nice welcome announcement for the University of Syracuse and Pittsburgh College. As a door prize, they each get two Friday night football games on the Deuce.

Reaction Score
Since they will have played Pinehurst in the morning while you were playing in Westchester, you may want to rethink your revenge. If rethinking revenge is militarily allowed.

Ha.

You joke, but you can not underestimate the influence of the naval academy in all of this. I'm a little bit familiar with Annapolis. The fact that Navy chose the Big East conference, is still mind-numbing to me. They've clearly got a 5 year plan in place, and are quietly going about their business. if you ask me, they learned a ton from the mistakes that they saw Army make in the 1990s, and unlike other conferences out there, the big east is unmolded ball of clay, with incredible growth potential. Just requiring guidance. Army, I don't know, they've got their own issues beyond athletics to deal with in the past 25 years as we've been repeatedly involved in ground combat in Asia and the middle east, and been losing officers left and right. Navy hasn't had the same problem. I don't know anythign about the Air Force academy, except that they've accepted guys for the football program in the past, that are completely beyond the normal height/size of typical pilots. Chad Hennings flew an A-10 in the persian gulf in the early 1990s before playing for Dallas and jimmy johnson, and I'm pretty sure they had to specially modify that cockpit for him to fit. I digress.....

The athletic department at the USNA is a private organization, entirely separate and distinct from the Naval Academy proper, and the United States government. That means that they need to make their own money. I'm not familiar with how the athletics departments at the other service academies are set up, but I'm 100% certain that the NAAA is set up so that there are ZERO federal dollars used for every single one of Navy's sports programs, facilities, coaches salaries, and staff. It's a relationship with the federal government, that allows Navy to stand in front of congress, and make sure that federal dollars allocated to the academy are going to resources that no one in the United States can complain about.

If you let that sink in for a second, you can get an idea of how important, tapping into the revenue streams around media rights for athletics is to the Navy.

and then - let it sink in again, that they picked the Big East. and make no mistake, Navy could have picked anywhere to plop their football program. The navy is invested in the financial success of the Big EAst conference.

we're in good hands as a conference.

As for UConn - when it comes to our athletic department, we need to remain allied with whatever organization is going to deliver our athletic products best to our local media market in CT, NYC, NJ, and New England, remain allied with Notre Dame however convoluted, and we're going to be just fine. The big east conference fits the bill.

And Notre Dame is going nowhere but the Big East with it's sports, and staying independant in football, unless a college football post season format excludes all independants, which right now are BYU, Army, Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty thinks that her using your shoes as litter box may well make you think twice before you make another unflattering comparison to her.
My sincere apology CK. I was misinformed as to your true identity. If you will spare my humble footwear I promise that as penance I will seek out all of Carl Spackler's posts and commit them to memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom