NBA Top 75 | The Boneyard

NBA Top 75

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Who you taking out ?

Weakest of the group to me would include: Earl Monroe, James Worthy, Bill Sharman, Sam Jones, Hal Greer, Reggie Miller are the weakest on the list to me. All real good players, but no MVP's, not historically great in any category and were never the alpha on championship squads.

Reaction Score
Weakest of the group to me would include: Earl Monroe, James Worthy, Bill Sharman, Sam Jones, Hal Greer, Reggie Miller are the weakest on the list to me. All real good players, but no MVP's, not historically great in any category and were never the alpha on championship squads.

If I’m correct I think the Top 50 were left in and they just added 25 more to the list, which is not the right thing to do. Top 75 is top 75 no matter what. Dwight Howard was the biggest snub IMO…take out Anthony Davis.

Reaction Score
If I’m correct I think the Top 50 were left in and they just added 25 more to the list, which is not the right thing to do. Top 75 is top 75 no matter what. Dwight Howard was the biggest snub IMO…take out Anthony Davis.
Dwight Howard is a no brainer over Anthony Davis. Tracey McGrady is one of the 25 most talented players ever.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
If Klay Thompson had played the last 2 seasons, he's in over Damian Lillard.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm probably more sour on Howard than most.

Just never saw him as more than a rebounder and shot blocker. Definitely not a team leader and never won anything until he was a bit role player with the Lakers.

Reaction Score
I'm probably more sour on Howard than most.

Just never saw him as more than a rebounder and shot blocker. Definitely not a team leader and never won anything until he was a bit role player with the Lakers.
He was on his way to being one of the best ever until his body, mind or both derailed him. I can’t remember. Still, better than AD and has lasted a long time in the league. I’m not too miffed about it though. McGrady, on the other hand, was an absolute stud.

Reaction Score
They didn't automatically include them, but it seems like many voters chose to go that route and just build up from the 50, as all 50 made it again.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He was on his way to being one of the best ever until his body, mind or both derailed him. I can’t remember. Still, better than AD and has lasted a long time in the league. I’m not too miffed about it though. McGrady, on the other hand, was an absolute stud.

IDK. He was an elite rebounder and good shot blocker but was average at best on offense. He had four total seasons over 20 ppg and his high was 22.9 (His only season above 21 ppg).

He's basically Nate Thurmond.

LIke I said, I'm more down on him than most.

Reaction Score
Alex English and Adrian Dantley not being on there is appalling, and was Robert Parish better than Dwight at both their peaks? Dwight was the top big in the league in his prime parish wasn’t close to that

Reaction Score
English was only 3 time All-NBA and all second teams. No top 5 MVP finishes. If you're not one of the 5 best players in the league at any point in your career, I don't see how you can be one of the top players in league history. Dantley even less accolades (but better win shares since he was on better teams).

I agree with Dwight over Parish. It's an absurd exclusion, disregarding whether Parish should've made it. 8 All-NBA's including 5 1st teams and 4 top 5 MVP finishes.

Reaction Score
Sharmon and Sam Jones in his prime were before my time. But Monroe and Worthy were both great basketball players. I don't put Miller or Greer on their levels.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
English was only 3 time All-NBA and all second teams. No top 5 MVP finishes. If you're not one of the 5 best players in the league at any point in your career, I don't see how you can be one of the top players in league history. Dantley even less accolades (but better win shares since he was on better teams).

I agree with Dwight over Parish. It's an absurd exclusion, disregarding whether Parish should've made it. 8 All-NBA's including 5 1st teams and 4 top 5 MVP finishes.

Love how smooth English's game was, but yes, English, Aguirre and Dantley don't belong on the list.

Reaction Score

Paul Pierce highest MVP finish was 7th, Ray Allen's highest MVP finish was tied for 9th, Reggie Miller's highest MVP finish was 13th.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
chief started in the pros at age 23. pretty much, check that, always much, he showed up for work just aboot every single game until he was 41, winning four championships along the way, which absolutely would not have happened if he did not play.
light dwight? notsomuch, and the one ring he got had very little to do with him.

and,
'and was Robert Parish better than Dwight at both their peaks? Dwight was the top big in the league in his prime parish wasn’t close to that'
whut? iirc barry was ur coach at Central, and barry was chief's roomie at Centenary. im tellin barry. lol. hilltoppers rule.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Congrats to Ray, the list is splitting hairs, nothing will top the NBA at 50 when they had that presentation at the allstar game everyone on that list at the time aside from Pistol Pete were still alive.

Reaction Score
Paul Pierce highest MVP finish was 7th, Ray Allen's highest MVP finish was tied for 9th, Reggie Miller's highest MVP finish was 13th.
I might not have Pierce in, but I'd have to do all 75 out to know. He has double digit All-Stars, which is legit. Ray has the 3pt record and titles with multiple teams as key piece.

I guess to elaborate on my point, Dantley, English, and Miller didn't win titles, so they have to get in solely on individual accolades, and so those have to be really legit.

Reaction Score
I might not have Pierce in, but I'd have to do all 75 out to know. He has double digit All-Stars, which is legit. Ray has the 3pt record and titles with multiple teams as key piece.

I guess to elaborate on my point, Dantley, English, and Miller didn't win titles, so they have to get in solely on individual accolades, and so those have to be really legit.
Watching Pierce I thought he was one of the most overrated players of all time, but I guess his numbers and accolades speak for themselves. Im sure a good amount of those All Stars were from popularity though.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

So, as the question goes, if you want English in, who are you taking out?

Reaction Score
So, as the question goes, if you want English in, who are you taking out?
It would be from the list of DeBusschere, Billy Cunningham, Damian Lillard, Bill Walton, Robert Parish, Anthony Davis, Pete Maravich, Earl the Pearl, Rodman.

Walton would've been one of the greatest centers ever and he showed how amazing he was in the beginning of his career by winning MVP and finals MVP but he was only elite for 2/3 seasons because of injuries. I'm leaving him off. There's maybe a few other changes I would make but overall it's a great list.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom