- NBA ready to play without fans
- Rudy Gobert meets Corona-chan
- NBA shuts down everything
- NHL waiting until someone gets it
- Tom Hanks meets Corona-chan

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I would guess that MLB might delay opening day, at a minimum, but most upcoming indoor sports will probably cancel their schedules.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
One has to remember...the virus is fairly widespread
We just don't know how much so because of the lack of testing...

It would not be at all surprising (considering how many NCAA sports are being contested)
that a player (in whatever sport) will test positive...perhaps this week

Then, all contests and championships will be shut down...like the NBA
Bound to happen.

Reaction Score

It would not be at all surprising (considering how many NCAA sports are being contested)

Then, all contests and championships will be shut down...like the NBA
Bound to happen.
Sorry, my "like" is more of an agreement. It's so sad for all who are infected and impacted by this. Like you said, I predict the whole tournament will be cancelled. Next up, the Olympics. :(

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Things are changing by the hour. Selection Monday is 5 days away. Don’t be surprised if an announcement is made in the next 24-48 hours that the tournament has been canceled. :(

Reaction Score
Agree it is doubtful NCAAs are played this year. Indian Wells in tennis was cancelled, NBA suspends games. All sports, at every level, likely to be suspended until the threat of the virus is substantially abated, and that won't be anytime soon. All spectator events are at risk of being shut down. And should be.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Wow, you know it’s big when Nosferatu forgoes a chunk of cash as big as the NBA is likely to give up.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Agree it is doubtful NCAAs are played this year. Indian Wells in tennis was cancelled, NBA suspends games. All sports, at every level, likely to be suspended until the threat of the virus is substantially abated, and that won't be anytime soon. All spectator events are at risk of being shut down. And should be.

Hoping some sports survive

1583982149650.png

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
I predict MLB will cancel their season. Playing in empty stadiums will cost $200M per team and TV revenue simply won’t pay most teams payroll. For example, the Cubs payroll is ~$200M and their share of TV revenue is ~$125M.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Things are changing by the hour. Selection Monday is 5 days away. Don’t be surprised if an announcement is made in the next 24-48 hours that the tournament has been canceled. :(
That's how I see it as well. The only sport left will hazardous protection suit Frisbee. How about the FIBA's this summer? Have they made an announcement about the Jordan Brand game or the Mickey D game? I'm sure those will be upcoming. They're also talking about moving tax day beyond April 15th.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well folks, let's look at the bright side. They also cancelled Coachella this year.

Reaction Score
I predict MLB will cancel their season. Playing in empty stadiums will cost $200M per team and TV revenue simply won’t pay most teams payroll. For example, the Cubs payroll is ~$200M and their share of TV revenue is ~$125M.
Postponing the season with reduced number of games is more likely IMHO.

Reaction Score
Well folks, let's look at the bright side. They also cancelled Coachella this year.
I thought they postponed Coachella till October. SXSW was cancelled this year which may affect its future.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That's how I see it as well. The only sport left will hazardous protection suit Frisbee. How about the FIBA's this summer? Have they made an announcement about the Jordan Brand game or the Mickey D game? I'm sure those will be upcoming. They're also talking about moving tax day beyond April 15th.

Jordy, I can see all sporting events across the board across the country being suspended indefinitely. I hope I’m wrong. Don’t be surprised to see that announcement within the next 24-48 hours. Routine travel on commercial aircraft, walking through airports among international commuters for college athletes is no longer routine or healthy.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

I was just thinking about this. What are the odds that not a single player or staff member among all 351 D-I programs has the virus? We're talking about some 8,000 - 10,000 people. And if just one of them has it, what are the odds that they haven't passed it to anyone else on or around the team?

Reaction Score
Lets see, if they cancel the tournament, guess that means there's no champ this year, ergo the Huskies can't 'not win' the NC this year! Have to look at the bright side. In the meantime my Dad (102) and I (73) are voluntarily quarantining ourselves for the duration. I'll only go out for food in my new hazmat gear :), or at least a bandana and my rubber dishwashing gloves.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom