NBA suspends season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NBA suspends season

Reaction Score
This may be a very dumb question, but why can't they just test the whole league for the virus and quarantine those that test positive and continue the season in empty arenas?
One of the major issues is we don't have the resources to test as much as we should. We could probably test the whole league, but it would severely limit the testing on the general population

Reaction Score
One of the major issues is we don't have the resources to test as much as we should. We could probably test the whole league, but it would severely limit the testing on the general population
And imagine the response from people when all the players would get tested for free. Sets a precedent that players and the sports entertainment are more important than the rest of the country.

Reaction Score
I don't think the NFL Draft will be affected as it is over a month and a two weeks to go.
Don't be so sure of that. NFL and MGM talked today about what to do. I'm sure they will wait it out to see what happens, since as you mentioned they have some time.

Reaction Score
Not only is toilet paper not available, you cannot get diapers for babies, baby wipes, ect.

Im researching LP/NG home generators. What happens when the workers cant man the power plants?

I work in the power industry and PSEG (large utility in Northeast) is my main customer. Plant operations is definitely a hot topic for them right now. I assume they will reduce to minimum work force each shift and have very strict testing policies before entering plants. Plants have to run though.

Reaction Score
but who knows how many players he might have transmitted to already.
Therein lies the problem and the solution (at least at this time). The problem is the virus infects silently and aggressively. The solution (first step) is to test anyone who needs to be tested. We need test kits ASAP.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Mayhem is about to ensue. Ppl don’t react well to losing money
Sit this one out. You've got nothing to add. Watch, listen, and learn.
(Doesn't matter if your comment isn't meritless. Not knowing enough to choose a better word than "mayhem" is a negative predictor.)

Reaction Score
Fred Hoiberg just left the bench and immediately was taken to the hospital. Season is done.

WOW sorry but what a uninformed BDag (hint hint D) under this Corona threat. Seriously, I was partially scared to attend womens ACC semi final game. If I felt sick NO WAY would I have gone with my 5 fiends....and he's the coach??

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The first hand accounts from Italy are alarming as is them having an almost 40% jump in deaths today. They have 827 deaths out of 12,426 confirmed cases. I don't have any breakdown on ages, previous health problems but 6.64% death rate is a lot higher than the 1-2% we've been told to expect from epidemiologists.

Reaction Score
WOW sorry but what a uninformed BDag (hint hint D) under this Corona threat. Seriously, I was partially scared to attend womens ACC semi final game. If I felt sick NO WAY would I have gone with my 5 fiends....and he's the coach??
Tournament is definitely over, today was the last day of games. Really sad for Christian Vital, all the other UConn players and everyone else in college bball who put so much into it.
Sports Illustrated on Twitter: "The Nebraska basketball team is currently being quarantined inside their locker room, per @heady_chris. Head coach Fred Hoiberg was taken to the hospital after not feeling well during their Big Ten tournament game https://post original url/UuReFwGHLP" / Twitter

Reaction Score
At least the USA is taking a conservative route, thank god, and in conduction with science. This is Corona is nothing to pooh pooh. Take a social distancing pov and save us all

No likes after 42 minutes? Would you rather have me talk about CW's lack of a 3 point shot or Molly getting into the game. Yipes we are talking about decisions which will define the future?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sit this one out. You've got nothing to add. Watch, listen, and learn.
(Doesn't matter if your comment isn't meritless. Not knowing enough to choose a better word than "mayhem" is a negative predictor.)

This place would be alot better if you weren't constantly preaching at people. You seem to think you have everything figured out. You don't.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This place would be alot better if you weren't constantly preaching at people. You seem to think you have everything figured out. You don't.
I'm quite selective as to when I preach (your term, surely not mine). I intend to be principled where I do so. And surprised you haven't noticed or disagree.

My curiosity & uncertainty about the impact, velocity, and trajectory of COVID-19, and the humility & prudence I attach to preparing for it and weighing in on it should be evident. Your words cause me to reconsider how my communications are received, so thank you.

On the basis of what I've read from the referenced poster elsewhere, I have no second thoughts about making the comment you found objectionable. Clearly, our mileage varies.

I definitely do not think I have everything figured out, though I do have confidence approaching yours when responding to those who seem that way to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom