NBA Offense vs College Offense | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NBA Offense vs College Offense

Reaction Score
That’s beautiful basketball. It helps if you can run a 4-man set and all four players can pick and pop a three. It’s also nicely designed to create shot opportunities where the right-handed shooter moves left to right and squares into a three.
I really haven't watched a lot of pro basketball in about a decade. What I do watch is generally the Timberwolves. They suck and I think have poisoned the NBA for me. I thought all NBA was like the Timberwolves.

With not much to do this past summer I ended up watching much of the playoffs. I was a bit shocked in how fun it was. In particular I enjoyed Denver and Miami. I also thought back to watching the the 90s Knicks. And how horrible that basketball was compared to modern NBA. It was like watching a wrestling match. Everyone all jammed up in the paint. No space to operate. It was horrible.

I also have friend who's a big Denver fan. Claims Jokic is the best passing big ever. I don't really argue, but when I see how much space he has and how big the lane is. His highlight passes are not quite the same as let's say Larry's passes. Which were executed in a much more congested paint.

Anyways, a bit of a ramble. In short, I've fallen in love with modern NBA. At least when it's at it's best.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We tried. It was a disaster. They aren't big enough. Aren't skilled enough. The roster you want for that offense is essentially the 2018 Villanova offense, or going way back the 1988-89 Illinois team. It was way ahead of its time, play Marcus Liberty as essentially a stretch 5.

UConn has finally looked better on offense and it happened because we stopped trying to play 5 out, and instead started passing the ball inside to Carlton, Sanogo and Whaley. NBA teams have guys with size like Lebron and Tatum who can put the ball on the floor and take it to the basket, or drain 3s. Bouk is really the only guy we have who can do that, which is why he's expected to be a possible lottery pick. Maybe Jackson someday, or Akok.

Marcus Liberty. A blast from the past and one of the great talents that never worked out. A true child prodigy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Marcus Liberty. A blast from the past and one of the great talents that never worked out. A true child prodigy.

Kendall Gill and Nick Anderson. Nobody over 6’8”. That team was more or less the prototype for the modern game.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Your takes are terrible. You think everyone sucks. We heard you the first 100 times. Why do you watch a sport if you think it is terrible? Why should anyone care about your takes if you think the sport is terrible?

You think Carlton is a good basketball player your an idiot. We heard you the first 100 times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom