NBA Draft Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Thread

Reaction Score
Is CV in the draft still? Not sure if he pulled out or not
Pretty sure he signed with some team in Europe over the summer. I think he still has a chance to make it to the league someday though. He’s gotta play like he did senior year and not make stupid mistakes.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure he signed with some team in Europe over the summer. I think he still has a chance to make it to the league someday though. He’s gotta play like he did senior year and not make stupid mistakes.
I remember him signing in Germany but then his contract got dropped (not sure if it was covid related or something else), but I haven’t heard or seen anything since then so i’m not sure what he’s up to

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Might make trading up for him more likely for the Celts. I'm hoping for it!

If the wizards take precious at 9 all hell breaks loose on the phone lines

Reaction Score
I don't think the Knicks do it, but I'd try and trade down with the Celtics

Reaction Score
The 2020 Edition of second round steals:

Trevelin Queen - Sweet analytics guy. Shoots the 3, elite block and steal rates. His statistical projection is like Michael Carter-Williams with a 3 ball. But, he's older, small school competition. There's risk. But I'm loving the gamble.

Paul Reed- analytics beast. Legit 6-9, 220 pounds with a standing reach of 9-1. He can do it all....except shoot. Good rebounding and block rates. If Reed develops any kind of shot, he's a legit starter on a title team. Even without his shot there's a role for him as a small ball 5. He's taller than some of the center prospects going in round 1.

Payton Pritchard- Guy had a legit case to be NPOY this year. Analytically he checks a lot of box. Doesn't have a negative reach like Terry. He can be a reliable backup PG, a MLE caliber player.

Mason Jones- Starting to think the new market inefficiency is old guys. Jones projects to do a lot of good things in the NBA. He can shoot it, he can play some D. Those 2 things alone give him a chance. But, he also fouls a lot and turns the ball over too much. Playing with a good NBA PG would be huge for him to hopefully cut down on some of that.

Killian Tillie - if he stays healthy, he's probably a steal. the only reason he's on this list is injuries, it almost feels like cheating to include him. But a worthy gamble at some point.

Kaleb Wesson- a weird quandy. He's big, with a huge 7'2 wingspan. he can be a legit center. Plus he can shoot it, even from 3. He's got decent block and steal numbers. And supposedly has dropped some weight and looks great in work outs. And he can hit FTs at a decent clip (73%). But he's still not finishing well. part of that is his style, especially down low. He will need to work on that. But there are some tools here to carve out a nice career. Role could be a Brook Lopez type.
I'd like to throw in mamadi diakite

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If the Celtics can't move up, and I hope they do, I'd like to see them grab Precious. I really think his game is a good fit for what Brad runs. He's much longer than Grant Williams, a far better rip protector, and as good or better shooting outside.

I'm also curious to see if Hayward is moved.

Reaction Score
If the Celtics can't move up, and I hope they do, I'd like to see them grab Precious. I really think his game is a good fit for what Brad runs. He's much longer than Grant Williams, a far better rip protector, and as good or better shooting outside.

I'm also curious to see if Hayward is moved.

Precious measured out kinda small. Not surprised his camp kept trying to make him a wing instead of a big. 6'7.5 without shoes. Only 7'0" and change wingspan.

He's definitely a better athlete than Grant (and bigger and longer), but I'm not sure what he does in the NBA. He's Montrezl Harrell with 4 inches smaller wingspan. He can't shoot.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Edwards has bust written all over him.

Reaction Score
this is a tough one..ball?
i think obi has a lot more to offer

precious not a game changer imo

Reaction Score
edwards had flashes of brilliance
who else?

I wouldn't want to be in the lotto this year. It is WEAK.

Wiseman, Ball, Edwards are like the 3-5th pick in any other draft.

Personally I'm going for ball and hoping the kid learns to shoot and defend. 6'6 PGs dont come cheap generally

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I wouldn't want to be in the lotto this year. It is WEAK.

Wiseman, Ball, Edwards are like the 3-5th pick in any other draft.

Personally I'm going for ball and hoping the kid learns to shoot and defend. 6'6 PGs dont come cheap generally
I think Wiseman has greater upside than D. Ayrton. Longer, faster, better range. If he goes to the Warriors, Draymond could use him as a rim runner and mid-range guy. But most importantly, he could develop an element the Dubs have not had during their run, a rim protector with the quickness to guard in space. I'd be shocked if the Wolves took him.

Reaction Score
saddiq bey? i live in philly, all we have local is villanova & temple

he’s not a 1st round pick. not a great draft class

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
The 2020 Edition of second round steals:

Trevelin Queen - Sweet analytics guy. Shoots the 3, elite block and steal rates. His statistical projection is like Michael Carter-Williams with a 3 ball. But, he's older, small school competition. There's risk. But I'm loving the gamble.

Paul Reed- analytics beast. Legit 6-9, 220 pounds with a standing reach of 9-1. He can do it all....except shoot. Good rebounding and block rates. If Reed develops any kind of shot, he's a legit starter on a title team. Even without his shot there's a role for him as a small ball 5. He's taller than some of the center prospects going in round 1.

Payton Pritchard- Guy had a legit case to be NPOY this year. Analytically he checks a lot of box. Doesn't have a negative reach like Terry. He can be a reliable backup PG, a MLE caliber player.

Mason Jones- Starting to think the new market inefficiency is old guys. Jones projects to do a lot of good things in the NBA. He can shoot it, he can play some D. Those 2 things alone give him a chance. But, he also fouls a lot and turns the ball over too much. Playing with a good NBA PG would be huge for him to hopefully cut down on some of that.

Killian Tillie - if he stays healthy, he's probably a steal. the only reason he's on this list is injuries, it almost feels like cheating to include him. But a worthy gamble at some point.

Kaleb Wesson- a weird quandy. He's big, with a huge 7'2 wingspan. he can be a legit center. Plus he can shoot it, even from 3. He's got decent block and steal numbers. And supposedly has dropped some weight and looks great in work outs. And he can hit FTs at a decent clip (73%). But he's still not finishing well. part of that is his style, especially down low. He will need to work on that. But there are some tools here to carve out a nice career. Role could be a Brook Lopez type.
Payton Pritchard carried the Ducks this past year. Strong guard who got to where he wanted in Pac 12 play. He's going to have a solid career.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom