NBA Draft Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Thread

Reaction Score
Im more in the Danny probably should’ve just traded for kawhi school of thought.

maybe he bounces, but you probably win it all in 2019 and that’s worth it.
I would not give up the next 4 and 6 years of Brown and Tatum respectively for that one year of Kawhi - EVEN if it netted a guaranteed championship. You traded one of those guys to get Kawhi. To some extent the process, the regular seasons and the playoffs are worth more to me than the end result b/c I mostly like watching good basketball games. Of course the ultimate desire is to win, but as fans it is not like we 'get' anything for that.

I'm spoiled via seeing my teams win championships in multiple sports, so my fandom is similar to a player who has won a chip and then prioritizes the best situation versus just chasing rings. A very competitive team for 5+ years is much better to me than 1 championship and 4 no-title chance years.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I would not give up the next 4 and 6 years of Brown and Tatum respectively for that one year of Kawhi - EVEN if it netted a guaranteed championship. You traded one of those guys to get Kawhi. To some extent the process, the regular seasons and the playoffs are worth more to me than the end result b/c I mostly like watching good basketball games. Of course the ultimate desire is to win, but as fans it is not like we 'get' anything for that.

I'm spoiled via seeing my teams win championships in multiple sports, so my fandom is similar to a player who has won a chip and then prioritizes the best situation versus just chasing rings. A very competitive team for 5+ years is much better to me than 1 championship and 4 no-title chance years.

They also could’ve used kyrie to make the deal.

Reaction Score
They also could’ve used kyrie to make the deal.
That could have been the greatest head case swap in league history. Others
Big Man: Demarcus Cousins for Hassan Whiteside
Fights Club: Xavier McDaniel for Ron Artest
Gun Club: Gilbert Arenas for Kevin Porter Jr.
All World: World B. Free for Metta World Peace
50% is 90% mental: Mackey Sasser for Chuck Knoblach...whoops, wrong sport

the Q

Reaction Score
The 2020 Edition of second round steals:

Trevelin Queen - Sweet analytics guy. Shoots the 3, elite block and steal rates. His statistical projection is like Michael Carter-Williams with a 3 ball. But, he's older, small school competition. There's risk. But I'm loving the gamble.

Paul Reed- analytics beast. Legit 6-9, 220 pounds with a standing reach of 9-1. He can do it all....except shoot. Good rebounding and block rates. If Reed develops any kind of shot, he's a legit starter on a title team. Even without his shot there's a role for him as a small ball 5. He's taller than some of the center prospects going in round 1.

Payton Pritchard- Guy had a legit case to be NPOY this year. Analytically he checks a lot of box. Doesn't have a negative reach like Terry. He can be a reliable backup PG, a MLE caliber player.

Mason Jones- Starting to think the new market inefficiency is old guys. Jones projects to do a lot of good things in the NBA. He can shoot it, he can play some D. Those 2 things alone give him a chance. But, he also fouls a lot and turns the ball over too much. Playing with a good NBA PG would be huge for him to hopefully cut down on some of that.

Killian Tillie - if he stays healthy, he's probably a steal. the only reason he's on this list is injuries, it almost feels like cheating to include him. But a worthy gamble at some point.

Kaleb Wesson- a weird quandy. He's big, with a huge 7'2 wingspan. he can be a legit center. Plus he can shoot it, even from 3. He's got decent block and steal numbers. And supposedly has dropped some weight and looks great in work outs. And he can hit FTs at a decent clip (73%). But he's still not finishing well. part of that is his style, especially down low. He will need to work on that. But there are some tools here to carve out a nice career. Role could be a Brook Lopez type.

Bump.

Celtics fans know why.

Also Paul reed has a bpm of 10 right now. Killing it in limited time so far

the Q

Reaction Score
That could have been the greatest head case swap in league history. Others
Big Man: Demarcus Cousins for Hassan Whiteside
Fights Club: Xavier McDaniel for Ron Artest
Gun Club: Gilbert Arenas for Kevin Porter Jr.
All World: World B. Free for Metta World Peace
50% is 90% mental: Mackey Sasser for Chuck Knoblach...whoops, wrong sport

Those are some fun fantasy deals lol

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bump.

Celtics fans know why.

Also Paul reed has a bpm of 10 right now. Killing it in limited time so far

Pritchard looks better than that right now. Looks like a legit, long term starting NBA PG to me. If so, that is a transformational pick for the Celtics. Kemba will be back, but can play fewer minutes and the team has his replacement.

Nesmith hasn't shown anything, but there is plenty of time. This is an important season to see if Bob Williams can finally show enough. Celtics need to upgrade up front.

the Q

Reaction Score
Pritchard looks better than that right now. Looks like a legit, long term starting NBA PG to me. If so, that is a transformational pick for the Celtics. Kemba will be back, but can play fewer minutes and the team has his replacement.

Nesmith hasn't shown anything, but there is plenty of time. This is an important season to see if Bob Williams can finally show enough. Celtics need to upgrade up front.

I think Pritchard can be a Derek fisher for the 2000 lakers type.

but I mean 8-10m player isn’t bad. He can be a starter type player. But not star upside

Reaction Score
I think Pritchard can be a Derek fisher for the 2000 lakers type.

but I mean 8-10m player isn’t bad. He can be a starter type player. But not star upside
Tristan Thompson has likened P-Rabbit to Dellavadova & I think that's a decent comp, though Delly was D only - couldn't throw a lob pass to save his life way-back-when in finals and cannot shoot. So rich man's Delly that could be a fill-in starter and certainly finishes some games.

I'm a little worried but not overly so about Nesmith. I saw parts of two preseason games and he looked very good in spurts, albeit lost at times. He's super long, recovers well defensively (a couple of impressive athletic 'he came from nowhere' blocks) and can definitely shoot. If the Development League was playing I'd be pretty confident that he'd be ready to contribute by the 2nd half of the season. Absent that, maybe Carson Edwards inexplicable recent minutes are a shot across Nesmith's bow to get him to step up.

But as Pritchard can shoot, defend & pass the C's don't need Nesmith
Walker, Brown, Tatum, Smart, TThompson, Pritchard, Theis, GWilliams (defends bigger players well), RWilliams (finally improving!) & Semi (becoming consistent from 3) is 10, more than enough guys/options come playoffs. I was worried about the Celtics early, now I'm intrigued as Tatum & Brown continue to improve and the complimentary pieces are all functional. If Kemba is healthy they are right there with the top 4 in east (Buck, Sixers, Heat, Celtics) - right now I'd say all have +20% chance to make finals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom