NBA Draft Lottery | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Theories? Conspiracies? Projection?

Simmons or Ingram?

14. Celtics (I know they can't technically fall this far but this is what it will feel like)

Celtics will be Doomed again...

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The Celts are due. But I have a bad feeling their lack of luck will continue tonight.

They've got a 31% chance to get #1 or #2.

I think I'd go with Simmons, even though his season ended so poorly. He's just got the skills to be an amazing player. Ingram's a second-rate Durant, I think. Which isn't a bad thing, just not #1-overall-pick caliber. Simmons has the potential to be special.

That said, if the C's got the 2nd pick and got Ingram, I'd be thrilled.

If they get #1 or #2, they might flip it, too.

p.s. While the Celts won't be drafting 14th, they will be drafting 16th (and 23rd, and numerous other times).

Reaction Score
Yeah I would still go with Simmons number 1 just due to his versatility and ceiling. Hopefully he doesnt become the next Beasly. Ingram does look very very smooth for his size so I would be thrilled with either of them. I think good chance we trade the pick regardless if a star is available.

Few potential trade targets: Butler/Paul George/Boogie

Reaction Score
As a Celtics fan, I'm very eager to see what happens. My guess is if they get 1-2 you keep the pick. 3 you MAY keep it and get the 7 foot Bosnian guy. 4+ you should trade/pray you can get a big-ish time player.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
1. Celtics
2. Lakers
3. Sixers

I'll take Ingram, don't see how Simmons fits in todays NBA.

Reaction Score
Theories? Conspiracies? Projection?

Simmons or Ingram?

14. Celtics (I know they can't technically fall this far but this is what it will feel like)

Celtics will be Doomed again...
It's a really tough call with Simmons and Ingram....

I am Knicks fan and we don't have a pick so not too interested in this year's lottery although I will watch....

Ingram I think is the safer pick, if I had to pick this second without working them out or having conversations with both I would probably pick Ingram, think he's going to be a top 10 player no matter what, his skill set, size, and length is incredible, obviously I am sure you've all heard the comparisons to Durant, which I believe is spot on, and even though that's not my type of player Durant is still really good.

And you all know I am down on Simmons ever since the thread I started about him having a disappointing season, I guess we will see what happens...

Reaction Score
4 would be ok with either Murray or Brown, assuming you think Turner is gone and don't think you can sign someone like Beal in FA.

But who knows what they'll do. There will be some trades and they could draft some projects in the 2nd round and send overseas.

As a Celtics fan, I'm very eager to see what happens. My guess is if they get 1-2 you keep the pick. 3 you MAY keep it and get the 7 foot Bosnian guy. 4+ you should trade/pray you can get a big-ish time player.

Reaction Score
Ingram #1 no question. I watched almost every LSU game this season and Ben Simmons wasn't all that impressive. He has tons of talent but no work ethic or will to win. He's not a competitor. Ingram, on the other I was very impressed by. He hit a lot of big shots down stretches in games. Honestly, I see KD in his game.

Reaction Score
The Celts are due. But I have a bad feeling their lack of luck will continue tonight.

They've got a 31% chance to get #1 or #2.

I think I'd go with Simmons, even though his season ended so poorly. He's just got the skills to be an amazing player. Ingram's a second-rate Durant, I think. Which isn't a bad thing, just not #1-overall-pick caliber. Simmons has the potential to be special.

That said, if the C's got the 2nd pick and got Ingram, I'd be thrilled.

If they get #1 or #2, they might flip it, too.

p.s. While the Celts won't be drafting 14th, they will be drafting 16th (and 23rd, and numerous other times).

I wouldn't mind Jamal Murray. Athletic 2 who can stroke 3's. Yep. Thanks.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Ingram #1 no question. I watched almost every LSU game this season and Ben Simmons wasn't all that impressive. He has tons of talent but no work ethic or will to win. He's not a competitor. Ingram, on the other I was very impressed by. He hit a lot of big shots down stretches in games. Honestly, I see KD in his game.
How did you willingly submit yourself to that torture, they were brutal to watch.:eek:

Reaction Score
I mean...as a 19 year old freshman he averaged 20/12/5 on 56% shooting. Pretty ridiculous statistics with "no work ethic."

Reaction Score
I mean...as a 19 year old freshman he averaged 20/12/5 on 56% shooting. Pretty ridiculous statistics with "no work ethic."

Yeah his talent was enough in college. It won't be in the NBA. He was more talented than 99.99% of college players, that won't be the case next year for him in the league.

Reaction Score
Yeah his talent was enough in college. It won't be in the NBA. He was more talented than 99.99% of college players, that won't be the case next year for him in the league.
I'll agree to disagree. You don't become the #1 recruit and possible #1 overall NBA pick with no work ethic. I'm sure there will be a learning curve, but I think Simmons is an absolute stud.

Coming into the season he was projected almost unanimously to be the #1 draft pick and he followed those expectations up by having a hell of a season (individually, team wise LSU was a train wreck). I'd bet on him, not against, but that's just my opinion.

Reaction Score
I was arguing with about 10 of my buddies last night during the OKC game because I was explaining how Westbrook was playing good even though 1-8 at the time....

My point being its not always about stats, you have to watch play by play and you see players make what I call "winning plays" and players make "losing plays"...,

Ben Simmons didn't make a lot of winning plays this year, yes his numbers were outstanding, but that is not everything.

A guy who made a lot of "winning plays" in our first championship, Ricky Moore, another guy, Niels Giffey.

Probably the best player and the most impactful player I watched in college this year was Tyler Ulis, a guy who made so many "winning plays".

Reaction Score
As a Knicks fan, this is an alright draft to be missing our (final) 1st rounder - at least that's what I tell myself to stay sane.

I'd take Ingram over Simmons without thinking twice. We've seen enough of troubled guys over the years - Beasley, Bennett, etc - to risk going with Simmons. Simmons may have a higher ceiling (debatable) but he has a much lower floor than Ingram. Talent aside though, way too many red flags.

Interested to see where Bender goes after Porzingis made 90% of NBA scouts look foolish last year. Wonder if he has a legit chance to go #2 over Simmons.

Reaction Score

Beasley was more impressive than Simmons in college, both statistically and in terms of the eye test, and he fizzled out pretty quickly. There are very few guys who are talented enough to stay in the NBA with a terrible work ethic.

Reaction Score
Beasley was more impressive than Simmons in college, both statistically and in terms of the eye test, and he fizzled out pretty quickly. There are very few guys who are talented enough to stay in the NBA with a terrible work ethic.
I am not sure about that, yea Beasley was a wonderful scorer in college but didn't play D or pass.

I will be surprise if Simmons doesn't become a good pro, I don't think he's a bad kid, I think LSU coaching staff and the situation there brought him down.

The versatility of Simmons is really interesting and exciting and the jump shot is the one thing that improves the most from college to third or fourth year of the NBA.

Taking thousands of shots a day and it's your actual job now is different than college.

So many guys, Kawai, George, Butler, Westbrook....all great athletes who couldn't shoot a lick coming into the league and now are all solid shooters if not good shooters.

Reaction Score
In a league where Draymond Green & Giannis Antetokounmpo are, essentially, PGs, I find it hard to imagine Simmons will be anything less than an All-Star.

Reaction Score
As a Knicks fan, this is an alright draft to be missing our (final) 1st rounder - at least that's what I tell myself to stay sane.

I'd take Ingram over Simmons without thinking twice. We've seen enough of troubled guys over the years - Beasley, Bennett, etc - to risk going with Simmons. Simmons may have a higher ceiling (debatable) but he has a much lower floor than Ingram. Talent aside though, way too many red flags.

Interested to see where Bender goes after Porzingis made 90% of NBA scouts look foolish last year. Wonder if he has a legit chance to go #2 over Simmons.

How is Simmons "troubled"? Don't really recall Bennett being "troubled" either, he was just a ridiculous reach at #1 by the Cavs.

Reaction Score
How is Simmons "troubled"? Don't really recall Bennett being "troubled" either, he was just a ridiculous reach at #1 by the Cavs.
Bennett was a wish upon a star pick, he did nothing at UNLV to think he was going to be a good pro besides being overweight and having some highlight dunks.

Reaction Score
In a league where Draymond Green & Giannis Antetokounmpo are, essentially, PGs, I find it hard to imagine Simmons will be anything less than an All-Star.
Agree....

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
1. Celtics
2. Lakers
3. Sixers

I'll take Ingram, don't see how Simmons fits in todays NBA.
I don't have a horse in the race, as I don't follow an NBA team. However, I think Simmons is only missing a jump shot..which can be learned. He's not a MKG guy with an awkward shot...he just needs to be in the gym. He rebounds, passes and can handle the ball. I'd love Simmons on my team if I had one. I like Ingram too. Short term he's weak/skinny, but if he works on his body, he'll be a monster. Jamal Murray reminds me of the Celts Isaiah Thomas. Quick, undersized, good shooter. I'm not a big Kris Dunn fan. I like Buddy Hield, but in the late lottery. He strikes me as a guy who can come off the bench and shoot the lights out. He's not a guy who can carry a team or get shots for himself.

If I were the Celtics, I'd keep the pick if Simmons was available. Otherwise, I'd think I'd try to trade. Not sure what to expect for the #2-3 pick...but getting more picks/players is always smart.

Reaction Score
I don't have a horse in the race, as I don't follow an NBA team. However, I think Simmons is only missing a jump shot..which can be learned. He's not a MKG guy with an awkward shot...he just needs to be in the gym. He rebounds, passes and can handle the ball. I'd love Simmons on my team if I had one. I like Ingram too. Short term he's weak/skinny, but if he works on his body, he'll be a monster. Jamal Murray reminds me of the Celts Isaiah Thomas. Quick, undersized, good shooter. I'm not a big Kris Dunn fan. I like Buddy Hield, but in the late lottery. He strikes me as a guy who can come off the bench and shoot the lights out. He's not a guy who can carry a team or get shots for himself.

If I were the Celtics, I'd keep the pick if Simmons was available. Otherwise, I'd think I'd try to trade. Not sure what to expect for the #2-3 pick...but getting more picks/players is always smart.
Celtics need a star, not more draft picks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom