NBA Draft Combine | Page 22 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Combine

Reaction Score
I hope that is true. Or at 8. They have a lot of options but a pairing of Castle and Sheppard would be interesting.
Like the pairing of Steph and Wemby . Pop has tried different guys at the point and is still looking for a solution.

caw

Reaction Score
Like the pairing of Steph and Wemby . Pop has tried different guys at the point and is still looking for a solution.

Yep, since they have #8, if Sheppard isn't taken by then that would be a pretty balanced young core with Sochan and a few slightly older players they have. Castle and Wemby would be pretty devastating defensively and Sheppard is pretty good gambling defensively. Both Sheppard and Castle have really solid foundations and bring different things to the table offensively that should complement Wemby. Both could also take Sochan off the ball, which would be better for SA.

Reaction Score
Hearing a lot of noise about Steph at #4 for the Spurs
From who? Like people in know they you done too or other media reports rumors.

Anyhow.

Steph’s t 4 makes sense. Wemby as the 5 and Stephon as the 1 defensively is murder.

Reaction Score
From who? Like people in know they you done too or other media reports rumors.

Anyhow.

Steph’s t 4 makes sense. Wemby as the 5 and Stephon as the 1 defensively is murder.
Let's face it. A lot can and probably will happen leading up to and on Draft Night. Steph can play and defend 1-3 at the NBA level and apparently prefers to play PG . Most of the info about the Spurs needs revolves around using picks 4 and 8 for upgrading their guard talent .esp. at PG. Unless its one of the foreign guys who are projected to go before Spurs' first pick at 4. Seems like it is between Sheppard and Castle. Personally I would roll with Steph if that was the choice and media pundits associated with the national press and the Spurs seem to agree.

Just hope he's off the table before Charlotte picks at 6.

All of this is subject to change-of course.

Reaction Score
Castle may not get past the Wizards at number 2. The Wizards would most likely take Sarr if he isn't taken by the Hawks. If Sarr goes to Atlanta as most predict, the rumors are that the Wizards are mostly looking at Risacher, Clingan, Castle, or Topic with Castle and Risacher getting the most attention by fans and the media. ( Holland, Dillingham, Sheppard and Buzelis are likely under consideration as well but with a lot less fan fare ) Not that it matters, but Risacher's stock seems to be dropping in the eyes of the media and the fans while Castle stock seems to be rising. Castle does seem to that high upside type prospect that the current Wizard management is looking for in their draft picks. It may also depend upon whether management thinks that Poole can handle the PG position this year ( he was awful as the SG for them last year). If so, Risascher or even Clingan would make more sense as the pick. If not, Castle would seem to make the most sense as the Wizards future PG. It is still a ways before we get to draft day, but it should be fun to watch to see where all of our Uconn players end up.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Yep, since they have #8, if Sheppard isn't taken by then that would be a pretty balanced young core with Sochan and a few slightly older players they have. Castle and Wemby would be pretty devastating defensively and Sheppard is pretty good gambling defensively. Both Sheppard and Castle have really solid foundations and bring different things to the table offensively that should complement Wemby. Both could also take Sochan off the ball, which would be better for SA.

I’m going to be annoying if the Spurs get Steph and Sheppard, that’s instantly my favorite team by a mile. I love those guys and Sochan and Vassell.

Thats my biggest hope in the draft, right in front of Clingan avoiding the Hornets.

Reactions: caw

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
So Hurley recommended AK to stay in the draft if he’s consensus first round. Right now he’s consensus 40 on Tankathon. I keep thinking back on when he first came here, Academics were a huge thing to his family. I think finishing his degree be a factor.
IMG_0933.jpeg

Reaction Score
He can still finish his degree if he stays in the draft.
Can we like be honest…getting the degree is not factoring into any decision. You can get degree any time .

This isn’t Milk and Cookies athletics. We aren’t playing with toy soldiers.

This is legit business. It is money, it is situation, what sets him up better for a long we career, and lifestyle. Does he want to just go anonymously into the G League for most of the year? Or, does he want to bexine the face of the two-time national champions

Reaction Score
I do wonder if the NBA is not sold on his shooting because of his streakiness, wonky form, and uber slow release. We shall see... he's good enough by my eye to deserve a paycheck.
Frankly I’m kind of shocked Karaban is being consider late first or early second .
He is does not check all the typical NBA boxes. The fact he is big , also strong and can shoot with range may negate his negatives. I would have bet on him coming back.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Frankly I’m kind of shocked Karaban is being consider late first or early second .
He is does not check all the typical NBA boxes. The fact he is big , also strong and can shoot with range may negate his negatives. I would have bet on him coming back.
I think with some reading between the lines on the last podcast he did w Jared it seems that’s the way things are heading.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I’m a Jrue Holiday hater as a player (because he’s an amazing person off the court).

He’s solid, but I don’t think he’s necessarily a winner. He just had one good year with Giannas. Outside of that he hasn’t won anything outside of the year with Rondo. He also had no business being on an All-Defense team this year. Guards consistently went off against the Celtics. He’s getting by on rep at this point.

You are my MVP of the series so far

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
You are my MVP of the series so far
Is there any other Celtics you’d like me to hate on? Let me know I have takes loaded to get off for most of them.

(Also, Jrue still let their two backup PGs combine for 55 points and over 50% from the field. Nice play at the end though.)

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I think with some reading between the lines on the last podcast he did w Jared it seems that’s the way things are heading.
I listened to that Pod a few times.

I’ve alternatively finished it both thinking he is 90% coming back, but also 90% leaving.

I have no idea.

At least the wait is over in a few days.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Is there any other Celtics you’d like me to hate on? Let me know I have takes loaded to get off for most of them.

(Also, Jrue still let their two backup PGs combine for 55 points and over 50% from the field. Nice play at the end though.)

He had the flu. Pretty incredible that he took over in the last minute after logging 38 minutes in a game he was questionable to play in. And according to an article I read, he was responsible for the decision to start doubling Siakam, which turned the game around.

But, yes, please say White sucks and that the Celtics are terrible in close-out games. That would be a real service!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
So Hurley recommended AK to stay in the draft if he’s consensus first round. Right now he’s consensus 40 on Tankathon. I keep thinking back on when he first came here, Academics were a huge thing to his family. I think finishing his degree be a factor. View attachment 100991
Never get tired of hearing this story. Uconn has so much to offer outside of sports and many of our former stars are great examples of what the entire program can mean to a graduate. The guided tour by door to door pickup of an entourage was called the Mrs Karaban Caravan.

UconnU

Reaction Score

Brey says In 5 years the league expects 50% of all the players to be international. In 2018 it was 16.5%.

Last edited by a moderator:

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
Something like 35% of the premier league is English now. 50% wouldn’t surprise me at all. At the pro level, height is at such a premium that we are talking miniscule populations that can qualify. Opening that up to the rest of the world just allows you to find more unicorns. Making the game international means we aren’t hearing about as many 6’10” guys learning ball at age 17 anymore either. Your average American will still be better but the NBA requires a genetic lottery win that matters as much as anything else.

Reaction Score
Something like 35% of the premier league is English now. 50% wouldn’t surprise me at all. At the pro level, height is at such a premium that we are talking miniscule populations that can qualify. Opening that up to the rest of the world just allows you to find more unicorns. Making the game international means we aren’t hearing about as many 6’10” guys learning ball at age 17 anymore either. Your average American will still be better but the NBA requires a genetic lottery win that matters as much as anything else.
That's half of it....the other half is as the world catches up skill wise, people are realizing that a team game is much more efficient than the 1-1 hero ball game that has been played in the US. Pretty much the kind of ball that AAU, etc, encourage the kind of hero-ball that's....not actually all that efficient in the face of team play.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
That's half of it....the other half is as the world catches up skill wise, people are realizing that a team game is much more efficient than the 1-1 hero ball game that has been played in the US. Pretty much the kind of ball that AAU, etc, encourage the kind of hero-ball that's....not actually all that efficient in the face of team play.
The best euro currently standing plays 1-1 hero ball.

There's a chance it makes college more popular.
I don’t see college basketball being more popular if it’s not producing the stars of tomorrow like it used too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom