NBA Draft 2021 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft 2021

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
So many experts here. This thread needs to be saved for post draft review so next year the GM's know who to contact for advice on picks.

No one bats 1000.

Weird stuff happens.

Just gotta play the odds, count cards.

Same idea as moneyball.

Reaction Score
I'd be depressed if Bouk winds up in ORL. The place where young talent goes to die. Separately, some of the blurbs in that mock draft are rough IMO.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Outside of the top 4-5 guys who seem locked into the top 4-5 regardless of who picks where, I'd imagine 6-14 will say more about the needs of the team that is picking than the quality of the player, which is why Bouknight is being projected everywhere in that range. Everyone projected to go in the lottery (besides Kispert, IMO) has great upside & potential, as is the case with lottery picks in most years.

What really matters the most is that Bouk goes to a team that will be able to develop him the best for long term success in the NBA, rather than going high in the draft, just to go high in the draft. Pick 6, 9 or 12 doesn't really matter if its the best fit for James to develop and make a great career for himself.

Reaction Score
I see bouk going in that 8-13 range. I think Cade, Mobley, Suggs, green, and kuminga are pretty locked in at the top of the draft. Bouk is gonna be in that next tier along with Moses moody, Keon Johnson, dudes like that. Scouts seem to agree that bouk can playmake and facilitate at the next level and I think that is imperative to how high he actually goes.

Reaction Score

Good for Trey Murphy III: An unranked HS prospect with only D1 offers from Rice, Presbyterian, Tennessee Tech, Navy and Army.

Played good minutes as a freshman, earned a starting role at Rice in his sophomore year, averaging 13.7p, 5.5r and hitting 37% from three. Parlayed that into a starting role at Virginia, where he averaged 11.3p, 3.4r and a whopping 43.3% from three.

Now, he's a potential first-round pick, basically a 6'9 shooting guard/small wing who reminds me Cameron Johnson.

Love stories like Murphy, unassuming, un-hyped kids who work their tail off to earn a draft pick.

With Murphy out, I'm very curious to see how Tony Bennett will build his rotations. Kihei Clark at point, Indiana transfer Armaan Franklin at wing and ECU transfer Jayden Gardner at forward are their only sure bets, but between Beekman, Shedrick and Murray they have three top-85 prospects who can take the next step. UVA isn't the most exciting team to watch, but the development of the program under Bennett is interesting to follow.

Last edited:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Most recent ESPN mock draft has him going 14th to the Warriors. As a shooting guard, having Steph as a teammate & mentor isn't a bad way to break into the league...

Reaction Score
Right now, my ideal pick for the Knicks is Miles McBride.

A thickly built, aggressive, super quick do-everything two-way lead guard who can create his own offense but still shoot at manageable clip: 43.9 2p%, 41.4 3p%, 81.3 ft%. Was on the B12 All-Defense team last year.

Personally, I'd go McBride over Cooper. Cooper's 4.2 TO/game and 22.8 3p% scares me for ball-dominant guard who brings nothing defensively.

Even if Cam Thomas drops to the Knicks, I'd still go with McBride over Cam. I love Cam's shooting, though.

the Q

Reaction Score
Right now, my ideal pick for the Knicks is Miles McBride.

A thickly built, aggressive, super quick do-everything two-way lead guard who can create his own offense but still shoot at manageable clip: 43.9 2p%, 41.4 3p%, 81.3 ft%. Was on the B12 All-Defense team last year.

Personally, I'd go McBride over Cooper. Cooper's 4.2 TO/game and 22.8 3p% scares me for ball-dominant guard who brings nothing defensively.

Even if Cam Thomas drops to the Knicks, I'd still go with McBride over Cam. I love Cam's shooting, though.

I love McBride

Doesn’t have a monster ceiling but I think he’s a playoff rotation caliber player.

Cooper has a huge ceiling due to some of his advanced analytics. But his floor is also scary due to his lack of size and shooting right now.

I also like josh primo for a team with multiple firsts. Same for Zaire Williams. But he seems like Covid/life arbitrage at this point. He had a rough one year, but living out of a hotel and missing a few weeks due to a death in the family is not a normal year, and he was a top 10 pick pre season. I might gamble on that as the Knicks or rockets for sure. Even golden state at 14 should consider it.

the Q

Reaction Score
Most recent ESPN mock draft has him going 14th to the Warriors. As a shooting guard, having Steph as a teammate & mentor isn't a bad way to break into the league...

Golden state is a fun fit, I’m curious how much he and Jordan Poole could play together.

Reaction Score

At 6'8 200 and a 6'11 wingspan, Edwards averaged 17.2p, 6.8r, 1s, 1.2b and shot at a 55.3 2p%, 37.8 3p%, 87.6 fg%. Played mostly at the 4 in college and some time at the 3 and he profiles in the NBA as a bouncy, athletic wing who can stretch the floor and attack the rim.

Love him as a sleeper late 1st/early 2nd. Caught a few Pepperdine games this year, especially early on when a lot of the good mid-major teams in Cali played each other in OOC games, many of which were available to stream for free. Pepperdine, UC-Santa Barbara, UC-Irvine and Loyola Marymount were a few of the teams that played against each other. Also caught the triple-OT game against UCLA where Edwards went 17p, 5r and 46.2 fg%.

Pepperdine's inside/outside duo of Colbey Ross and Edwards was a lot of fun to watch and the team has been coached the last few seasons by former Washington coach Lorenzo Romar, who started his head coaching career at Pepperdine.

Reaction Score
An interesting draft proposal The Athletic’s beat writer proposed for the Knicks (no smoke on this offer, just his imagination)

The offer: No. 19 for No. 10 and Eric Bledsoe

His reasoning: Pelicans are desperate to shed Bledsoe’s 4 million guaranteed contract, so they’d let Knicks move up 9 spots to take on his contract.

To me, it’s a win-win. Bledsoe could help next year and with all their incoming cap space Bledsoe won’t become a burden if he doesn’t perform in NY.

How the Knicks can trade up for every pick in the NBA Draft ahead of them

Reaction Score
An interesting draft proposal The Athletic’s beat writer proposed for the Knicks (no smoke on this offer, just his imagination)

The offer: No. 19 for No. 10 and Eric Bledsoe

His reasoning: Pelicans are desperate to shed Bledsoe’s 4 million guaranteed contract, so they’d let Knicks move up 9 spots to take on his contract.

To me, it’s a win-win. Bledsoe could help next year and with all their incoming cap space Bledsoe won’t become a burden if he doesn’t perform in NY.

How the Knicks can trade up for every pick in the NBA Draft ahead of them

Assuming Knicks have the cap space it's a good deal. I would be curious if the Knicks could land one of these free agents who would help the Knicks right away.

Reaction Score

Tough week for Maryland between Morsell transferring to Marquette and Wiggins declaring. Look for Eric Ayala to again take the lead of the squad this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i say anywhere between 11& 15, still lottery

Reaction Score

An interesting sleeper. Was the #62 recruit of '19 but Loyola-MD's strong connection with recruiting Spain (three Spaniards on last season's roster) definitely helped them haul him in.

I haven't watched him play, but the 6'11 215 Aldama averaged 21.2p, 10.1p, 2.3a, 1s, 1.7b, 51.3 fg%, 36.8 3p%, 35 mpg in his sophomore year at Loyola-MD.

Since the Patriot League teams only played intra-conference games last season and Aldama was injured until conference play during the 19-20 season, all of his career NCAA stats are against Patriot League teams.

On a side note, my old band played a house party gig at Lehigh University back in the summer of '04. The room we played had a large "Patriot League" banner across the wall. Someone asked if our band was named Patriot League. Still makes me chuckle.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
HUGE night for Rutgers w/ Geo Baker and Ron Harper returning for their senior years.

With Harper and Baker returning, Rutgers has a chance to be pretty darn good in a top heavy (Michigan and Purdue) but a not-as-strong-as-last-year Big Ten.

With Jacob Young to Oregon (14.9 ppg), I expect Paul Mulcahy to take a big jump. He's an efficient shooter (55.4 2p%, 39.3 3p%) but averaged just 5.9 ppg and 4.3 fga. With Myles Johnson to UCLA (24.7 mpg, 8p, 8.5r, 2.4b), it'll be interesting to see how Cliff Omoruyi steps up with more PT (14.9 mpg).

Putting the past aside, I'm finding it really easy to root for Rutgers w/ Pikiell at the helm.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

90% of their scoring returns, plus they add Myles Johnson, a top-10 freshman in Peyton Watson and a top-50 freshman in Will McClendon.

Absurd depth.

the Q

Reaction Score

90% of their scoring returns, plus they add Myles Johnson, a top-10 freshman in Peyton Watson and a top-50 freshman in Will McClendon.

Absurd depth.

They did lose the lesser chris smith though….

Reaction Score
They did lose the lesser chris smith though….
Smith hasn't played since 12/31/20.

They also lost Jalen Hill, who hasn't played since 1/31/21.

Based on that, 100% of their scholarship players who've played since February are returning.

the Q

Reaction Score
Hasn't played since 12/31/20.

They also lost Jalen Hill, who hadn't played since 1/31/21.

Based on that, 100% of their scholarship players who've played since February are returning.

I mostly just wanted to call him the lesser Chris Smith, for….obvious reasons lol

the Q

Reaction Score

Absurd depth.

Yeah, it seemed like they caught lightning in a bottle, especially juzang.

But they certainly haven’t rested on their laurels

I still don’t think Reilly gets enough credit as a college player

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom