NBA Draft 2019 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft 2019

Reaction Score
Hoping for some exciting trades, particularly from the Celtics.

1-3 seem set in stone with the 4th pick open to trade possibilities from multiple teams.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Hoping for some exciting trades, particularly from the Celtics.

1-3 seem set in stone with the 4th pick open to trade possibilities from multiple teams.
I hope No. 3 is set in stone with Barrett to the Knicks, but knowing of their history--and also being a Giants fan who is still in shock about the Jones pick--I can't help but envisioning them overthinking this and screwing the pooch with some bad "surprise" pick instead.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I hope No. 3 is set in stone with Barrett to the Knicks, but knowing of their history--and also being a Giants fan who is still in shock about the Jones pick--I can't help but envisioning them overthinking this and screwing the pooch with some bad "surprise" pick instead.

Not a Knicks fan, but I don't get why anyone sees a whole lot of separation between Barrett and the next 5-6 guys. Any one of them could be a bust or a star. Unfortunately for the Knicks they don't know who they might get in FA.

I'd argue that SF/SG is the deepest position in the NBA by a lot. I do think they'll take him, because it's the safe move. Doesn't mean it will be the right move.

This is an interesting draft. Other than Zion there are 10-16 guys who could be potential all-stars, solid contributors or busts. Guys like D'Andre hunter have a high floor, but I don't know what his ceiling is.

And with all the super high value FAs on the market right now, the draft-trade action could be pretty wild.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If the Hornets can not package their #12 pick and Batum's nuclear winter contract for a run of the mill toxic contract, then they are never getting rid of Batum. They have about 7 hours.

The Bucks trade of #30 and Snell for Leuer yesterday was a great deal for both teams that was along these lines.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If the Hornets can not package their #12 pick and Batum's nuclear winter contract for a run of the mill toxic contract, then they are never getting rid of Batum. They have about 7 hours.

The Bucks trade of #30 and Snell for Leuer yesterday was a great deal for both teams that was along these lines.

They have worse contracts than batum. Particularly Biyombo and mkg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not a Knicks fan, but I don't get why anyone sees a whole lot of separation between Barrett and the next 5-6 guys. Any one of them could be a bust or a star. Unfortunately for the Knicks they don't know who they might get in FA.

I'd argue that SF/SG is the deepest position in the NBA by a lot. I do think they'll take him, because it's the safe move. Doesn't mean it will be the right move.

This is an interesting draft. Other than Zion there are 10-16 guys who could be potential all-stars, solid contributors or busts. Guys like D'Andre hunter have a high floor, but I don't know what his ceiling is.

And with all the super high value FAs on the market right now, the draft-trade action could be pretty wild.
I am okay with the safe move. I think he has very little bust potential and should be a solid contributor from day one.

the Q

Reaction Score
My potential second round steals list. I've posted one on the board the last 2 years. Here is this year's iteration. This year's list I've lost a few guys to being late risers (and you might quibble with a guy or two but I tried to take guys who i hadn't seen going high). But I'm taking THT because of this fact.

The Cripples
Chuma Okeke- guy is a future PJ Tucker. He's a lottery pick if he doesn't tear his ACL against UNC.

Jontay Porter: Another probable lottery pick without the torn ACL.

The Short Condors
Talen Horton-Tucker: he was a first rounder but he's completely dropped off the first round radar off most of the mocks i've seen. He's only 6-4 but has a 7-1 wing. it's an odd body, but it lets him have some serious defensive versatility. His youth is a big factor as well. He should get a lot better.

DaQuan Jeffries: He and Tucker are very similar. Like both. They're both super long despite short frames. This version is more likely to be a solid bench contirbutor, but he also dominated the pre-draft circuit.

The Big Guys
Nic Claxton: Excellent defensively and probably more of a rim runner than anything else on offense, but does have some playmaking ability not seen from centers.

Daniel Gafford: Analytics like him as a nice safe pick. Guy would've gone top 20 last year. Both he and Claxton could end up first rounders anyway. This draft has great big talent

The Nerd
Miye Oni: The Yale guy!! He's got plus skills in the dribble pass and shoot areas plus an almost 6-11 wingspan. He's an nba player

Multi-Skilled guards
Jeremiah Martin, Memphis
Cody Martin, Nevada
John Konchar

The first two have all the skills required to make it as a guard (like Oni). Konchar is an analytics darling from a small school who really struggled at Portsmouth. I'll take a swing this late.

The Strong Long Shot
Alen Smailagic: An analytics darling who is one of the youngest guys in the draft who played straight to the G League. Great blocks and steals. He's long as hell. The Warriors have tried to hide him. He's likely the reason they bought the 41st pick.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They have worse contracts than batum. Particularly Biyombo and mkg

They are all terrible, but Batum has two years left at $25.6 and $27.1 million for a wing that scored 9.3 ppg. That is nuclear winter.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Atlanta reportedly moved up to #4, sending 8 and several others to NO. Pelicans really turned Davis into quite a haul. Hawks supposedly want Hunter.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Phoenix made a rare good move in getting a cheap and productive Dario Saric in return for dropping 5 slots in the draft.

the Q

Reaction Score
Phoenix made a rare good move in getting a cheap and productive Dario Saric in return for dropping 5 slots in the draft.

Gave up their chance to draft a pg.

Very interesting

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The T.J. Warren deal is more what we expect from Phoenix. He is an 18 ppg scorer with a reasonable contract. Unless his ankle is more seriously injured than disclosed, this is a terrible move by Phoenix. I think there is some bad blood between him and the team that made this necessary.

the Q

Reaction Score
The T.J. Warren deal is more what we expect from Phoenix. He is an 18 ppg scorer with a reasonable contract. Unless his ankle is more seriously injured than disclosed, this is a terrible move by Phoenix. I think there is some bad blood between him and the team that made this necessary.

He’s an inefficient scorer who took up valuable cap space that they needed to use to land a pg.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom