NBA Deal ? | The Boneyard

NBA Deal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This isn't a commentary so much about the NBA, but about the sorry, pathetic state of journalism.

So there is a deal. There are "reactions" all over the place. The deal ? Out of all the wasted words, the best I can find is the revenue split will be "between 49 and 51%" for the players.

Why, oh why can't someone do their job and report about what compromises were actually made ? Rather than tell us Obama gave a thumbs up when he heard the news. Really ?

The media disgusts me.

Reaction Score
This isn't a commentary so much about the NBA, but about the sorry, pathetic state of journalism.

So there is a deal. There are "reactions" all over the place. The deal ? Out of all the wasted words, the best I can find is the revenue split will be "between 49 and 51%" for the players.

Why, oh why can't someone do their job and report about what compromises were actually made ? Rather than tell us Obama gave a thumbs up when he heard the news. Really ?

The media disgusts me.
You should read Simmons site, as much as his personal style/'writing' can be off-putting, the website combines sports and pop culture in a thoughtful manner. Most stuff is either one or the other. So if you don't read Simmons, you can choose to read either sports articles or entertainment jokes & gossip. Still hit or miss and their college bball stuff has been below Mendoza line.

Here's an in-depth summary of the deal with conjecture on its implications:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7303114/everything-ever-want-know-new-nba-labor-deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom