NBA: Could the Hornets' biggest offseason acquisition be a different Jeremy? | The Boneyard

NBA: Could the Hornets' biggest offseason acquisition be a different Jeremy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/write...t-offseason-acquisition-be-a-different-jeremy

But the Hornets' offseason acquisition with the biggest upside, and with the greatest opportunity to assert himself in MKG's potentially season-long absence, is Lamb. If he wins the starting two-guard job -- and, if Batum is playing the three (it's difficult to imagine how he won't) -- then Lamb either has to make considerably more jumpers or develop his drive game and get to the paint.

"They love Lamb," said a league source plugged into the dynamics in Charlotte. "He's really the only long, athletic shooting guard they have now that Batum will be back at the three. He has a chance to be really good."

This has been the opinion in the Charlotte front office for some time. Sources say the Hornets tried to trade for Lamb long before he finally became available -- for pennies on the dollar when Oklahoma City no longer had any use or luxury-tax dollars for him.

After three years spent shuttling back and forth between Oklahoma City and its D-League affiliate, Lamb finally will have a consistent opportunity and familiar surroundings. Not for nothing, Walker was his backcourt mate at Connecticut when the Huskies won the 2011 national championship. It's a reunion that could pay big dividends for Lamb.

Reaction Score
nice to read that, I watched the game in China the other day and noticed PJ Hairston wasn't getting any tick and it was all Lamb, Lin(splitting b/w SG and PG), and Harrison getting the SG minutes. I don't expect Harrison to be any kind of factor once the regular season starts, there's really nothing to his game.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Jeremy is going to blossom in Charlotte. Very excited to see what he can do with some substantial minutes to get in a shooting groove. Playing with Kemba again can't hurt, those 2 know each other's games.

C

Chief00

He needs to play acceptable defense to stay on the court, especially when he goes up against an elite 2G for 30 minutes.

Reaction Score
If MJ hangs around the practice gym, whispering in Lamb's ear, the kid's got to get better.

Reaction Score
It's time for Jeremy now. Seems a team will give him his chance so he needs to step it up and take advantage. Hope he does - best of luck to him always good to have another Husky showing the NBA goods.

Reaction Score
So what you guys are saying is I should take him in round 3 of my fantasy draft? Noice

Reaction Score
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/write...t-offseason-acquisition-be-a-different-jeremy

But the Hornets' offseason acquisition with the biggest upside, and with the greatest opportunity to assert himself in MKG's potentially season-long absence, is Lamb. If he wins the starting two-guard job -- and, if Batum is playing the three (it's difficult to imagine how he won't) -- then Lamb either has to make considerably more jumpers or develop his drive game and get to the paint.

"They love Lamb," said a league source plugged into the dynamics in Charlotte. "He's really the only long, athletic shooting guard they have now that Batum will be back at the three. He has a chance to be really good."

This has been the opinion in the Charlotte front office for some time. Sources say the Hornets tried to trade for Lamb long before he finally became available -- for pennies on the dollar when Oklahoma City no longer had any use or luxury-tax dollars for him.

After three years spent shuttling back and forth between Oklahoma City and its D-League affiliate, Lamb finally will have a consistent opportunity and familiar surroundings. Not for nothing, Walker was his backcourt mate at Connecticut when the Huskies won the 2011 national championship. It's a reunion that could pay big dividends for Lamb.
I say Lamb blows up in Charlotte playing along side his college running mate Cardiac Kemba... I think that system in OKC held him back because it was predicated on the abilities of two guys mainly (KD and that manchild PG Westbrook).. Look how James Harden turned out after got from under their shadow.. Not saying Lamb will be him, but he's gonna be way better than anything Charlotte had playing the 2.. Another good example is Detroit's Reggie Jackson.. He leaves OKC and now is running the point for the Pistons...

IMO Jeremy Lin is the guy that's should be considered as the other Jeremy (the lesser of the two on the team)

Reaction Score
I say Lamb blows up in Charlotte playing along side his college running mate Cardiac Kemba... I think that system in OKC held him back because it was predicated on the abilities of two guys mainly (KD and that manchild PG Westbrook).. Look how James Harden turned out after got from under their shadow.. Not saying Lamb will be him, but he's gonna be way better than anything Charlotte had playing the 2.. Another good example is Detroit's Reggie Jackson.. He leaves OKC and now is running the point for the Pistons...

IMO Jeremy Lin is the guy that's should be considered as the other Jeremy (the lesser of the two on the team)

slow down

Reaction Score
Hornets team pic w/ Kemba, Lamb, and Jeremy Lin in Shanghai

151013_team_pic_11.jpg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
First, I love what JL brought to UConn
However, The League is a totally different game.
JL HAS TO not only look like he belongs but act like he belongs - his body language is a concern
Maybe Kemba will beat it into him.
I really hope so

Reaction Score
consistency - the key with Lamb. he has been given the keys to the car at the sg slot... no excuses. if he flops now he is a flop.

Reaction Score
Lamb should be a key offseason acquisition, but it's looking like he has serious competition for biggest acquisition now:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom