NBA Combine invites went out | The Boneyard

NBA Combine invites went out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guess we'll find out soon enough whether or not Brimah and Purvis got one.

Here's an interesting tweet from Givony that may have an impact on both players:

Reaction Score
They also invited 80 instead of 60. If they didn't get an invite, they're coming back. Or they're either dumber or more done with college than we thought.

Reaction Score
Or it could be that they just want to play overseas. Brimah may realize he has little chance to play in the NBA and 1 more year of college won't change that. Who knows. Look at guys like AO, Majok. Both were drafted and neither will ever sniff a minute in the NBA.

They also invited 80 instead of 60. If they didn't get an invite, they're coming back. Or they're either dumber or more done with college than we thought.

Reaction Score
What does an invite mean above an audition for marganil players like Purvis? Is there anything negative that can result?

Reaction Score
Combine Invites.jpg

Reaction Score
Not surprised with the omission of RP on that list but definitely thought we see AB on it just based on his blocking skills. Oh well I guess we might at least see AB back. RP might just go the Europe route.

I'm not surprised with either. Both have such a long way to go to be NBA level players in so many ways. But it's really good for UConn if they stay and work on the things they need to. It says a lot when Prince Ibeh is on the list (as an alternate) and AB isn't. I really hope he understands how far he is from being really good and works his sack off this summer.

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised with either. Both have such a long way to go to be NBA level players in so many ways. But it's really good for UConn if they stay and work on the things they need to. It says a lot when Prince Ibeh is on the list (as an alternate) and AB isn't. I really hope he understands how far he is from being really good and works his sack off this summer.
I don't think either of them were NBA draft picks but I thought maybe there would be enough interest in AB to at least get a look. He really needs to work on his strength this off season and learning at least one offensive move were he can go strong to the basket.

Reaction Score
I don't think either of them were NBA draft picks but I thought maybe there would be enough interest in AB to at least get a look. He really needs to work on his strength this off season and learning at least one offensive move were he can go strong to the basket.

We get it, damn

Reaction Score

The fact is I'm guessing they feel, as you say, without the strength to compete, even his best attribute of blocking shots would be worthless because he would be bounced out of every play by more physical guys. He'd never be in position to make a play, and the game may be too fast for him also.

Lots of work to do hopefully he does that, actually hope he's started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom