OT: - NBA Breakouts You Didn't See Coming (Drummond and Lamb) | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Breakouts You Didn't See Coming (Drummond and Lamb)

Reaction Score
I'm surprised people are surprised by the Pistons. With the East being the worst conference the NBA has seen in years, getting Reggie Jackson back to 100%, and adding near-allstar and elite defender Avery Bradley they were a definite for the playoffs in my mind. The Drummond resurgence is a bit more than I expected, but most would expect him to play better with a better team around him that could actually compete

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Drummond is not someone we didn't see coming

Well, maybe his improved free throw shooting is a surprise, but AD has been crashing the boards since day one. Think he's averaging a double double for his career

Reaction Score
Laughable about Drummond. The dude has been a rebounding machine during his young career and becoming a better scorer as he shoots free throws better. His performance shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone who follows the NBA.

Reaction Score
C'mon guys, Drummond absolutely had a regression last year and every story about him this year talks about him getting in better shape and rededicating himself to practice (free throws etc..). In 16-17 he declined in scoring, rebounding, block & minutes (cemented as unplayable at end of close games). And remember Andre was on the trading block all summer and SVG was on the hotseat. The pre-season narrative about getting in shape was ignored as its routine for every struggling (vs talent/upside in case of Andre) athlete. Drummond is easily the biggest veteran surprise of the season and its great that he's matured. Only lament is he'd have been here earlier* if he'd stayed in school one more year!

*I'm kidding ;)

Reaction Score
C'mon guys, Drummond absolutely had a regression last year and every story about him this year talks about him getting in better shape and rededicating himself to practice (free throws etc..). In 16-17 he declined in scoring, rebounding, block & minutes (cemented as unplayable at end of close games). And remember Andre was on the trading block all summer and SVG was on the hotseat. The pre-season narrative about getting in shape was ignored as its routine for every struggling (vs talent/upside in case of Andre) athlete. Drummond is easily the biggest veteran surprise of the season and its great that he's matured. Only lament is he'd have been here earlier* if he'd stayed in school one more year!

*I'm kidding ;)
I’d say Oladipo is the biggest surprise, but Andre is up there.

Reaction Score
You really don’t watch the NBA and are not much of a basketball fan if you haven’t seen Andre coming.

Lamb is another thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom