NBA all-star weekend | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NBA all-star weekend

Reaction Score
To think how well the League is positioned going forward: the oldest All-star tonight was 33 year old LeBron James.

Reaction Score
This may come as a surprise to many people here but the NBA isn't really targeting the 50+ demo with anything they do.

And I don't even disagree. The NBA all star events are a mess in my opinion. Might even be worse than NFL.
I'm 38 and that guy would have sucked when I was 16. Funny is funny no matter what age you are. His commercials with Blake Griffin are painful.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Kevin Hart may have ended his career tonight, Twitter is ripping him a new one.

That was horrible. He's funny but it's too much overkill. The entire world has seen too much him for the pass two weeks.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Booker put up a big number but the three point contest wasn't all that exciting. Dunk contest was decent with Mitchell and Nance Jr., Dennis Smith put down one sweet dunk. You can't turn TNT on without seeing Kevin Hart. This guy completely sucks, can't understand the appeal.

Hope Drummond and Kemba show out.

Man we really missed out on Donovan Mitchell. Right there in Greenwich, Canterbury, and Brewster. He is already on the verge of being a superstar.

Donovan Mitchell is a stud. I hope Dre slows down his in season promotional stuff. Great kid who just can’t say no. Still went 7 for 7 from the field. As Jim Calhoun said, when some reporter complained about dunks inflating FG %, I wish 100% of his shots were dunks.
Kemba went 5-12 from the field. So the UConn guys were a combined 12-17 or 71% and they played defense tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Yeah I kinda got out pretty quick cause of the 3 hour drive home. Still cool to see so many UConn fans at an away game like that.

There’s one good thing about CT’s high taxes and corrupt politicians, people fleeing them can move down south and attend away UConn games.

Reaction Score
I'm 38 and that guy would have sucked when I was 16. Funny is funny no matter what age you are. His commercials with Blake Griffin are painful.

So you don't think the most image conscious sporting league in probably the entire world has a team of people monitoring what celebrities to glom onto?

Not sure about you, but I reckon they generally know what they're doing.

Reaction Score
So you don't think the most image conscious sporting league in probably the entire world has a team of people monitoring what celebrities to glom onto?

Not sure about you, but I reckon they generally know what they're doing.
Yup, that's why they hired Jamie Foxx to dress up like a cowboy to rap and Fergie to sing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom