NBA 18-19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NBA 18-19

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Can we just fast-forward to the lottery show? The only thing I care about is how many ping pong balls the Knickerbockers will have in the can.

Reaction Score
Amazing game from Blake Griffin against Philly, including the game winner. Andre has a rough night though unfortunately. Embiid made him look bad.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Amazing game from Blake Griffin against Philly, including the game winner. Andre has a rough night though unfortunately. Embiid made him look bad.

That was a flop by Embiid that fouled Andre out the game. I expect a fine on Embiid. Andre has 14, 16 and 2

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Lopez and Ilyasova are another pair of bigs making their GM look smart. I can't believe Magic Johnson let Lopez and Randle just walk out the door and sign cheap contracts somewhere else.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Since we are more or less at the 10% mark of the season, some initial thoughts:

Surprises:

Wizards - I thought this would be a .500 team this season, but they look brutal. If they need Howard to get healthy this badly, then they are in for a long season.

Rockets - I definitely did not see this coming. Harden's injury and Chris Paul's suspension are definitely factors, but they are just getting tuned up now. I like to rag on Anthony as much as anyone, but he is a bigger drag on a team than even I thought possible. The Rockets are a turnstile defensively, and Anthony has to be one of the worst defensive players in the league.

Grizzlies - they will revert back to the bottom of the West soon enough, but I like Conley and Gasol. This team is painfully old, and I wouldn't be surprised to see several injuries over the next couple of months as bodies just break down.

Conference disparity - the West is already 16-9 against the East. Most of this is a function of the bottom 40% of the east being terrible, but it is still surprising to see the West winning almost 2/3's of its games against the East.

I am not going to jump on or off any other bandwagons just yet. The Bucks look a little better than expected, and the 76errs look a little worse, but that could change week to week. Sacramento has benefitted from some friendly early season scheduling. The Thunder will improve. There are going to be a couple of very good Western Conference teams that don't even make the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can we just fast-forward to the lottery show? The only thing I care about is how many ping pong balls the Knickerbockers will have in the can.

Maybe the lottery gods will reward the Knicks for competing and trying to win. I like the young nucleus with the rookies Knox, Robinson and Trier, Frank is still just 20 and already getting some tough love from Fizdale. At least their more watchable now and the future appears bright, I'm cautiously optimistic because its the Knicks.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Can't imagine how lebron must feel on this team. A veteran professional focusing on prolonging his career--dealing with Rondo, McGhee, ingram and Stevenson every day. Good grief.

Looks like 4, 3, 2 game suspensions. Ingram 4, Rondo 3, Paul 2

They really need to add jr Smith to that grow up so we can have all the knuckleheads on one team.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The season is over 20% over, and the Celtics are 9-8. Even with a coach as good as Brad Stevens, the Celtics are a perfect example of how rotisserie basketball and real basketball are two different things. I don't know what the right move is, but I think someone has to go.

Kemba Walker is having a monster year.

I know it won't last, but 20% of the way into the season, the Clippers and Grizzlies are tied for 1st in the West.

There are already rumors that the Wizards are going to start dumping players. It is amazing how toxic Dwight Howard has become at the end of his career.

The Knicks being terrible never gets old.

Letting Julius Randle and Brook Lopez go is looking worse every day for Magic Johnson.

Reaction Score
The season is over 20% over, and the Celtics are 9-8. Even with a coach as good as Brad Stevens, the Celtics are a perfect example of how rotisserie basketball and real basketball are two different things. I don't know what the right move is, but I think someone has to go.

Kemba Walker is having a monster year.

I know it won't last, but 20% of the way into the season, the Clippers and Grizzlies are tied for 1st in the West.

There are already rumors that the Wizards are going to start dumping players. It is amazing how toxic Dwight Howard has become at the end of his career.

The Knicks being terrible never gets old.

Letting Julius Randle and Brook Lopez go is looking worse every day for Magic Johnson.

Whats going on the Celtics can't even beat a tanking Knicks team at home with the Knicks on the 2nd night of a back to back. Celtics were down by as many as 26.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How are the Clippers in first in an insanely tough West? I like Tobias Harris, but is he capable of leading a team to a #1 seed? It is interesting that the Clippers traded away or let their core of Deandre Jordan, Blake Griffin and Chris Paul leave, and they seem better off for it even though all 3 departing players are succeeding at their new homes. Trading Blake Griffin to the Pistons was one of those rare trades that worked out great for everyone involved. I think Griffin, Jordan and Paul just couldn't put it together like they should have. Chemistry can't be taught.

How are the Mavericks even on the list of teams that are candidates for a playoff spot? I thought Doncic would be OK, but nothing like this. The starting lineup is Doncic, Deandre Jordan, Dennis Smith, Wes Matthews and Harrison Barnes, with Finney-Smith and Barea the only two bench players getting meaningful time. Look at that roster.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
MVP race as of 12/19

1. Jokic
2. Antetokounmpo
3. Harden
4. James
5. Curry

Harden is a disgustingly unwatchable player.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is one of the most interesting NBA seasons that I can remember. Only 5 teams are effectively out of the race for a playoff spot. None of the top teams look particularly dominant, although that could change when Cousins starts playing for Golden State.

Celtics have to get rid of someone. There aren't enough basketballs for that team.

The Heat are starting their annual January surge, and they don't even have Dragic for another month.

Clippers, Heat and Nets are easy teams to root for.

the Q

Reaction Score
This is one of the most interesting NBA seasons that I can remember. Only 5 teams are effectively out of the race for a playoff spot. None of the top teams look particularly dominant, although that could change when Cousins starts playing for Golden State.

Celtics have to get rid of someone. There aren't enough basketballs for that team.

The Heat are starting their annual January surge, and they don't even have Dragic for another month.

Clippers, Heat and Nets are easy teams to root for.

I love what the nets have done. Finding dinwiddie and Harris (draft sleepers of mine when they came out) and making deals like the Russell deal to give them chances on hitting big with post hype guys, and eating salary to get draft capital....rooks is a really bright guy. I expect them to become a destination in the next 2-3 years

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Gasol and Conley on the market. It will be interesting to see what the Grizzlies can get for them. Conventional wisdom is that Conley is more valuable than Gasol, but Conley has $67 million left on his contract and is 31 years old, right at the tipping point for a point guard. Indiana seems like the most logical destination for Conley. Detroit could get in the mix for either but they are at the cap. Clippers are holding cap space open for the summer, so I don't see them committing to either of these guys unless there is a contract restructure.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Oladipo likely done for the season. Hate to see a knee injury, especially for an exciting player like Oladipo that is in the prime of his career.

the Q

Reaction Score
Gasol and Conley on the market. It will be interesting to see what the Grizzlies can get for them. Conventional wisdom is that Conley is more valuable than Gasol, but Conley has $67 million left on his contract and is 31 years old, right at the tipping point for a point guard. Indiana seems like the most logical destination for Conley. Detroit could get in the mix for either but they are at the cap. Clippers are holding cap space open for the summer, so I don't see them committing to either of these guys unless there is a contract restructure.

Detroit can get both in theory.

My friend is a big pistons fan so we’ve talked about it .

It starts with Jackson Drummond EllensoN Galloway and a first

They could flip Drummond, in theory, to further the rebuild.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom