Nawlins Travel Advice | The Boneyard

Nawlins Travel Advice

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Me and @skies88 are headed to Nawlins this weekend for the UConn/Tulane game. Headed to Bruno’s on Maple before the game near campus. Staying in the FQ- any advice on food/places to watch NFL on Sunday (Pathers start at 8:30 local SHEESH) would be appreciated

Reaction Score
No, no and no on any crawfish. They're five months out of season and any crawfish you are eating have been on ice for months or brought over from Asia.
So for when I go there in the future, when are crawfish in season? Late winter-early summer?

Reaction Score
No, no and no on any crawfish. They're five months out of season and any crawfish you are eating have been on ice for months or brought over from Asia.
Good God, the beads and souvenirs are all made in China.... Now the crawfish?
LA FIN EST PROCHE !

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Take out an allowance of cash you’re comfortable spending and leave your debit card at home.

Went with my wife (then girlfriend) and really just ate at random spots I can’t remember the name of. The haunted restaurant in Jackson Square is neat. Not that I think you would but don’t go to the Mardi Gras museum place. Awful waste of time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So for when I go there in the future, when are crawfish in season? Late winter-early summer?

Usually about early March through early June for the farm raised crawfish done locally in Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi.

This is a real good article on the ins and outs and whys of the season.

Reaction Score
NOLA is so much more than just the Quarter. But if the Quarter is all you see, you won't be disappointed.

If you are into drinking: Hand Grenades are basically fruit punch, Hurricanes aren't much better, Sazeracs are worth it.

Reaction Score
NOLA is so much more than just the Quarter. But if the Quarter is all you see, you won't be disappointed.

If you are into drinking: Hand Grenades are basically fruit punch, Hurricanes aren't much better, Sazeracs are worth it.
If you thought it was special... I'm disappointed.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Yessir. Have a sazerac at the sazerac bar (lobby of the roosevelt hotel) - totally worth it

Reaction Score
Me and @skies88 are headed to Nawlins this weekend for the UConn/Tulane game. Headed to Bruno’s on Maple before the game near campus. Staying in the FQ- any advice on food/places to watch NFL on Sunday (Pathers start at 8:30 local SHEESH) would be appreciated
Dooky Chase's has great food but is about 1-1/2 miles from Quarter. Closer is Antoine's-pricier but a great meal. For brunch, the Court of Two Sisters usually has games on at the bar, and is a fun place.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If you have the time it would be a shame to be in New Orleans and not go to the WWII museum.
It's grand but I found it disappointing. Not much depth, I don't remember learning anything.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom