NAVY | The Boneyard

NAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Navy crushing ECU. Over 400 yards of offense. We will need to score a minimum of 30 if we want any chance of winning next week.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
We couldn't hang 3o on Wilby

Reaction Score
Navy threw only 7 times but ran for over 4oo yards............
Will be very interesting.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Th
Have faith brother!!
We will get there..
Please, yes. Wish we would use Max more. Arkeel too small and Johnson has regressed. Give the Senior the rock against D like Mizzou.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Th

Please, yes. Wish we would use Max more. Arkeel too small and Johnson has regressed. Give the Senior the rock against D like Mizzou.

The missed throw out of the end zone to Max on 3rd down was the most unfortunate play since Griffin was missed down the middle in the Fiesta Bowl.

Shireffs threw a few change ups today. The miss to Max literally would have changed the game.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Navy is a better version of Army. Players are a little bigger and they run the option a little better and throw a little more. Let's not make them the Packers. This was a projected win at home if we wanted to go bowling. Very winnable.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Navy threw only 7 times but ran for over 4oo yards..
Will be very interesting.
We were great against the run this past weekend. If we can shut down Army's option style offense at least we have something to compare Navy's style to- although they're a million times better. They're totally beatable if we keep it close- we're not built to win from behind.

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 11:25am via TweetDeck
#UConn HC Bob Diaco (who faced Navy as Notre Dame DC) said this is the best Navy team in all three phases that he has faced

NeillOstrout 11:27am via Twitter Web Client
UConn coach Bob Diaco on Navy's offense: “I don’t like it. It’s an awesome offense. I don’t like defending it."

NeillOstrout 11:28am via Twitter Web Client
Diaco: "It’s a shock to the central nervous system of the program."

TBTimes_Bulls 11:30am via Twitter Web Client
Gotta love UConn coach Bob Diaco's candor. On @American_FBteleconference, he said he doesn't enjoy playing Navy's triple-option...at all

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
The missed throw out of the end zone to Max on 3rd down was the most unfortunate play since Griffin was missed down the middle in the Fiesta Bowl.

Shireffs threw a few change ups today. The miss to Max literally would have changed the game.

I saw a replay of that from behind the end zone. It appeared that Shirrefs didn't see max. To clarify, I don't mean just didn't look. The gap in the line was such that he saw the TE on the sideline but his sight in the middle was blocked by an oncoming def lineman and the left guard/center. He had about 2 secs to get rid of it too. No excuse, just a possible explanation

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 11:25am via TweetDeck
#UConn HC Bob Diaco (who faced Navy as Notre Dame DC) said this is the best Navy team in all three phases that he has faced

NeillOstrout 11:27am via Twitter Web Client
UConn coach Bob Diaco on Navy's offense: “I don’t like it. It’s an awesome offense. I don’t like defending it."

NeillOstrout 11:28am via Twitter Web Client
Diaco: "It’s a shock to the central nervous system of the program."

TBTimes_Bulls 11:30am via Twitter Web Client
Gotta love UConn coach Bob Diaco's candor. On @American_FBteleconference, he said he doesn't enjoy playing Navy's triple-option...at all

Well.......enter the B1G and we won't have to anymore.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Bobs' record v.s. Navy while DC at ND.

Mostly a mixed bag.

October 23, 2010 East Rutherford, NJ Notre Dame 17 Navy 35 Notre Dame 71–12–1
October 29, 2011 South Bend, IN Notre Dame 56 Navy 14 Notre Dame 72–12–1
September 1, 2012 Dublin, Ireland Notre Dame 50 Navy 10 Notre Dame 73–12–1
November 2, 2013 South Bend, IN Notre Dame 38 Navy 34 Notre Dame 74–12–1

Reaction Score
It's not impossible to beat Navy, it just takes discipline and execution in all three phases. Navy offense isn't hard to stop from the bench. We're going to need to play our best game so far in all 3 phases.

So be it.

Bring it on.

Reaction Score
I hope the team gets a lot of support on the Husky walk this Saturday. Diaco is always energetic walking and high fiving the fans that are there.

Reaction Score
It's not impossible to beat Navy, it just takes discipline and execution in all three phases. Navy offense isn't hard to stop from the bench. We're going to need to play our best game so far in all 3 phases.

So be it.

Bring it on.

ON DEFENSE, I am confident in our Big Eaters up front, Campeni, Fatukasi, Adeymi and Carrezola. We also have quality depth at D-Line in Ormsby, Marinan, Meyers and Stapleton. Weather should be ideal at 73 degrees and sunny. Bob Diaco has learned from experience that a 4-3 defense works best against Navy. Junior Joseph's sound and tough play is vital to success. In a 4-3 defense, the middle lindbacker is the key player when defending the option. He needs to be able to defend both sides of the field and help the safety defend the veer and speed option. I am counting on Junior Joseph to step up big time against Navy. If Navy comes hard after JJ then Stewart and Walsh/Vann need to step up to fill the void. Our hard hitting corners, Jhavon Williams and Jamar Summers, together with Obi and AA need to be very disruptive against the run all the while staying alert to the option pass.

ON OFFENSE, I would like to see Vertucci go with more up tempo which was a beautiful thing in the 4th quarter vs. Missou. Navy wants to slow the game down but if UCONN speeds things up it should be advantageous. (Remember how much time Army ran off the clock last year at Yankee stadium? Same thing with Navy!) I would love to see a two or three score advantage so Navy has to play catch up. I would like to see more effective user of our big Tight Ends, Meyers and Bloom. I forgive Tommy for the dropped pass that Sherriff threw in the numbers but he'd better not do that again or he goes on the spit list! Don't we all want to see Arkeel run for 200 yards and light up the Rent!

S.T. No more missed PAT's. Plug that hole and get the long snapper situation fixed! Is it a good idea to split the kicking duties?? For once I would love to see a punt or kick return taken to the house. I want the Nick Williams days to return to the Rent on Saturday!

Last edited:

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Defense wins titles ! i see a sinking ship and it ain't in Storrs

Reaction Score
This Navy game makes me incredibly nervous. In many ways they are a better team than Mizzou and coming off a good showing on the road versus a Top 25 team, there could be a tendency to not give the Midshipman the respect they deserve.

Combine that with next week's game against another top 25 squad at BYU and you really hope that everyone's focused this Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom