Navy is more athletic | The Boneyard

Navy is more athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like the recruits we have coming in by its clear as day navy is far more athletic than us. Defensively we could no get the edge we looked extremely slow and think this will change as we get better recruits. People will boast Adams had 14 + tackles and sure the stats look good but watching the game it's clear he was slow to make the play ... Many of those tackles were far beyond the line of scrimmage.

Reaction Score
I like the recruits we have coming in by its clear as day navy is far more athletic than us. Defensively we could no get the edge we looked extremely slow and think this will change as we get better recruits. People will boast Adams had 14 + tackles and sure the stats look good but watching the game it's clear he was slow to make the play ... Many of those tackles were far beyond the line of scrimmage.

If your safety has 14+ tackles that is usually not good for your defense. Navy is just better then us and more experienced then us. We gotta have urgency from the beginning of the game.

Reaction Score
Not sure if Navy is more athletic. I would agree that Navy is more experienced and there for executed much better than we did. Adams having 15+ tackles goes to show what he's done for us on D. Your focus should be looked at how poorly the front seven played. Adams had to make up for their mistakes. Give credit to Adams, he had a hell of a game.

Reaction Score
More experienced and with a well designed and practiced scheme. Not more athletic except at QB.

Disagree our secondary is a weak spot we will see more of it as the year wears on.

Reaction Score
Not sure if Navy is more athletic. I would agree that Navy is more experienced and there for executed much better than we did. Adams having 15+ tackles goes to show what he's done for us on D. Your focus should be looked at how poorly the front seven played. Adams had to make up for their mistakes. Give credit to Adams, he had a hell of a game.

I guess reading this I'm torn. Is it the Dline or the Line backers ... Going into this season I thought lbs were suppose to be our strength? I remember the years of Lutrus.... But then again didn't we get light up by navy then? I still feel like our LB's have underperformed and our safeties played way to far off the line against a run offense.

Reaction Score
Disagree our secondary is a weak spot we will see more of it as the year wears on.

I agree, besides Adams I think they will struggle against high motor offenses such as Memphis, Cincinnati, SMU etc...

Reaction Score
Not well game planned. D scheme was static and ineffective. How the QB is not spied is beyond me, or if was, I was done terribly. He keeps 70% of the carries and is their best athlete. Linebackers were pitiful and caught inside or missed angles all game. D Line had no penetration and was pushed around. Never run blitzed, nothing off the edge. O side was conservative play calling. Tight ends not used. Middle of field not used for passing.

This one is on the coaches. Not prepared and out game planned.

Positives - kids showed heart (and D did not give in) and gave themselves a chance to come back. Just not ready or mature enough to take advantage of opportunities given to them. Coaches need to improve along with the kids and get a better feel for the game in process. They need to start trusting the team to make plays, and pick up the intensity and urgency. Entire game pace was dictated by Navy.

Reaction Score
More experienced and with a well designed and practiced scheme. Not more athletic except at QB.
Exactly. This game was like a game of chess. A novice UConn Defense vs. An expert level Navy offense.

We'll get better. We'll be better. And I still see 7 wins this season.

Reaction Score
Not well game planned. D scheme was static and ineffective. How the QB is not spied is beyond me, or if was, I was done terribly. He keeps 70% of the carries and is their best athlete. Linebackers were pitiful and caught inside or missed angles all game. D Line had no penetration and was pushed around. Never run blitzed, nothing off the edge. O side was conservative play calling. Tight ends not used. Middle of field not used for passing.

Positives - kids showed heart (and D did not give in) and gave themselves a chance to come back. Just not ready or mature enough to take advantage of opportunities given to them. Coaches need to improve along with the kids and get a better feel for the game in process. They need to start trusting the team to make plays, and pick up the intensity and urgency. Entire game pace was dictated by Navy.
I was shocked by the linebacker play too bro. Always a step behind. And Navy kept getting tour 3rd level on D. Seemed like Adams & Melinfonwu's names were being called on tackles constantly today.

Reaction Score
I think the D made some mistakes, but they mostly did what they were told to do and what they practiced all week. That did not include a spy or an emphasis on penetration or blitzing. Maybe too passive and giving too much respect. Keenan Reynolds was not challenged physically and I think that needed to be done early. You also have to give a good (maybe top 25) Navy team some credit.

Watch what happens when other teams play them now after scouting this game. I'll bet you see a different approach. If they stay healthy watch out ND in 2 weeks.

Reaction Score
No one spies an option QB. Option FB is simply about assignments. They are just really good at running it. They converted something like 8-12, third downs. A couple of the ones we stopped was when the game was already decided.

The worst thing that happened was that in our first two long drives on offense we came away with 3 pts. In the first half we forced no punts. When Beals scored on the long pass, after jubilation wore off, I thought we left way too much time and right on cue they came down and scored.

Reaction Score
No one spies an option QB. Option FB is simply about assignments. They are just really good at running it. They converted something like 8-12, third downs. A couple of the ones we stopped was when the game was already decided.

The worst thing that happened was that in our first two long drives on offense we came away with 3 pts. In the first half we forced no punts. When Beals scored on the long pass, after jubilation wore off, I thought we left way too much time and right on cue they came down and scored.
That's like saying, they just need to score more. It's more than assignments. It's about the right assignments in the right scheme. When you have one defender covering QB and pitch, it's all over. How many times today. How many does it take to adjust. Linebackers were useless getting to the edge. How about the LBs getting sucked up on the fullback fake every single time? Nobody was responsible for the QB.

Reaction Score

Too easy to blame the coaches. We were beat by a better team...evidence of what we are...light years better than last year but not as good as we will be. Remember, Navy has put up 400+ yards and 45 or more points on their first two opponents...one of which is currently beating Vtech by two touchdowns.

Reaction Score
That's like saying, they just need to score more. It's more than assignments. It's about the right assignments in the right scheme. When you have one defender covering QB and pitch, it's all over. How many times today. How many does it take to adjust. Linebackers were useless getting to the edge. How about the LBs getting sucked up on the fullback fake every single time? Nobody was responsible for the QB.
Simply put, you're not giving Navy any credit for being a really, really good option team. The lost against ND last year 49-39, I couldn't believe how efficient and fast they were at running that damn thing. In the 2nd half we slowed them down, but that game was lost because our offense squandered opportunities to score. Even after we cut it to ten and recovered the onside kick we were turned over on downs. The defense played hard, turned them over on downs twice, albeit when the game was decided.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I saw the same thing everyone did, however, I am choosing to believe we win 7 plus games this year. It is still attainable. Yes, the defense was blitzed by Reynolds, but I think overall it really wasn't that bad. Our offense was stale, too conservative most of the game, not sure why, the middle of the field was open most of the game. I feel like Navy's average possession was at least 6 or 7 mins, so the defense had to be tanked, but if they were, they played with pride until the end. If this was last year's team, we lose this game 63-3. Heads up fellow Huskies, we are making strides, players will get better, coaches will too. I feel as if next year we really break out and could possibly win this conference without question. Diaco will have most of his guys in place at key skill positions, people will NOTICE us next year for sure, we just continue to lay the foundation for a better future.. I believe!!!

Reaction Score
Could they get a BCS Bowl bid?? Probably. They will beat ND next week. I'll watch.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Could they get a BCS Bowl bid?? Probably. They will beat ND next week. I'll watch.

That would be super impressive if Navy wins the Clemson-Notre Dame game.

They would totally deserve a bid to a BCS system that no longer exists.

Reaction Score
I saw the same thing everyone did, however, I am choosing to believe we win 7 plus games this year. It is still attainable. Yes, the defense was blitzed by Reynolds, but I think overall it really wasn't that bad. Our offense was stale, too conservative most of the game, not sure why, the middle of the field was open most of the game. I feel like Navy's average possession was at least 6 or 7 mins, so the defense had to be tanked, but if they were, they played with pride until the end. If this was last year's team, we lose this game 63-3. Heads up fellow Huskies, we are making strides, players will get better, coaches will too. I feel as if next year we really break out and could possibly win this conference without question. Diaco will have most of his guys in place at key skill positions, people will NOTICE us next year for sure, we just continue to lay the foundation for a better future.. I believe!!!
Yup. .. middleof the field consistently open today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom