Navy athletics cutting costs to address budget crunch | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Navy athletics cutting costs to address budget crunch

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I don’t know what mass hysteria forces people to want to avoid evidence about where the AAC deal is going but it’s bizarre.

If you RANDOMLY use CAPITAL letters and ELIPSES...then...it...makes it true...you see.

Reaction Score
And everyone forgets that the academies have to run things through DoD rules/regulations as well....anyone who has been a part of the DoD in there life will tell you that those rules/regulations can make thinks rather complicated and sometimes more costly then need be.

The AD said they're incorporated as a separate entity and self fund.

Reaction Score
Do people even read the article?

But the players belong to the DoD, therefore players are still subject to those rules and regulations which makes the team subject to them. He is referring to the funding for the team and the coaches not necessarily the rules and regulations associated with the functioning of the team itself.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
But the players belong to the DoD, therefore players are still subject to those rules and regulations which makes the team subject to them. He is referring to the funding for the team and the coaches not necessarily the rules and regulations associated with the functioning of the team itself.

And I’m pretty sure we are talking about the finances of the athletic department not court marshalling the halfback.

Reaction Score
And I’m pretty sure we are talking about the finances of the athletic department not court marshalling the halfback.

What I am getting at is they may have seperate funding for football operations but anything that touches the DoD, to include externally funded programs are slowed by the processes, rules, and regulations associated with that connection. I'm not an all-knowing expert about everything DoD but my 16 years of working within the Department has given me some insight into how things work.

I get it that 99%+ of the budget comes from non-federally sourced stuff.....but maybe I am missing the entire point of this conversation from everyone else's perspective. Wouldn't be the first time on here or anywhere else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom