Navy AD calls Katz's report "rubbish" | The Boneyard

Navy AD calls Katz's report "rubbish"

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
In the last paragraph of the link below, Navy AD basically calls Katz a liar, on the record. But wait, ZLS would tell us there is no conspiracy despite the fact ESPN ran a story for an entire day that was very embarrassing to the Big East, that NO OTHER NEWS SOURCE WOULD TOUCH, and was proven 100% inaccurate within 48 hours.

Katz didn't get it wrong, he lied. ESPN is lying. All the evidence points to the fact that ESPN is trying to destroy the Big East. All of it.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/coll...ht_stuff_5ISjuQylAadDiCL4FZpEeI#ixzz1axSQfZAv

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Here's a little bit longer report. Gladchuk's comment was pretty general, to say he was specifically calling Katz a liar is a bit of a stretch. There may be truth to the ESPN conspiracy theory, but this isn't a smoking gun or anything of the kind.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Here's a little bit longer report. Gladchuk's comment was pretty general, to say he was specifically calling Katz a liar is a bit of a stretch. There may be truth to the ESPN conspiracy theory, but this isn't a smoking gun or anything of the kind.

Katz reported that Navy and Boise had DECLINED an invitation. There was no gray area in the report on the ticker that ran throughout the Hawaii game and the Midnight Madness coverage. No gray area at all, and no other news source carried that story. A day later, the Navy AD calls those reports "rubbish". There could only be one news organization he was referring to.

Reaction Score
Its pretty clear that ESPN has at the very least an anti Big East bias and their reporting should be viewed with skepticism. The BC AD gave us good reason to believe there is something more sinister going on. I doubt its just ESPN though, I'm sure all of the Big 5 conferences would like to see our football league die.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Navy AD is also refuting the reports that they have been invited at all. Which has been reported by plenty of news orgs.

"The Big East reportedly agreed to invite Navy, Air Force, Boise State, Central Florida, SMU and Houston, but due to by-laws, those can't go out for 72 hours. Navy athletic director Chet Gladchuk said no invites had gone out, but added his school is still in the mix and said reports that the Midshipmen had misgivings were rubbish.
"We're not skeptical," Gladchuk said."
What part of "reports that the Midshipmen had misgivings were rubbish" don't you understand? Your explanation completely misrepresents what he actually said. If you were there when he said it, then please let us know. Otherwise, you are just wrong.
Why are their so many ESPN apologists on this board?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
What evidence? People talking? AD's talking is evidence?

Why do you trust these AD's at all? Any of them?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
"The Big East reportedly agreed to invite Navy, Air Force, Boise State, Central Florida, SMU and Houston, but due to by-laws, those can't go out for 72 hours. Navy athletic director Chet Gladchuk said no invites had gone out, but added his school is still in the mix and said reports that the Midshipmen had misgivings were rubbish.
What part of "reports that the Midshipmen had misgivings were rubbish" don't you understand? Your explanation completely misrepresents what he actually said. If you were there when he said it, then please let us know. Otherwise, you are just wrong.

You can't see the difference between "the reports are rubbish" and "ESPN is launching a conspiracy"? You can't see the Grand Canyon of proof that is missing that you magically use to link the two?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Only one news organization carried a huge story that was proven to be 100% factually wrong and completely unsourced within 24 hours of that organization running the story. Either ESPN is staggeringly incompetent or deliberately making false "news reports". You get to pick.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Ha. I said" There may be truth to the ESPN conspiracy theory, but this isn't a smoking gun or anything of the kind." and I guess now I am an ESPN apologist. Oh well. Navy wants assurances, and a ten mil exit fee may or may not be enough for that. It's abundantly clear from all the reporting that this is the sticking point - including direct quotes from Gladchuk -and they are still in the negotiating process. So of course he's going to say "we're not skeptical" even if they are a little bit.

Anyway, I read that quote, combined with other recent quotes, as refuting Katz AND other news reports, but you can be selective if you want, I guess.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Only one news organization carried a huge story that was proven to be 100% factually wrong and completely unsourced within 24 hours of that organization running the story. Either ESPN is staggeringly incompetent or deliberately making false "news reports". You get to pick.
NO!

Lots of news orgs reported Navy et al had been invited, and Gladchuk specifically said that they had not. Are the Washington Post, AP, etc. also either staggeringly incompetent or deliberately making false reports? You get to pick.

Reaction Score
I think the ESPN plan to harm the BE is blatently obvious. I hope and expect BE lawyers are taking notes.

Comcast must be happy as they know they will be getting the new BE contract.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Gladchuck is pretty well respected. He can deny being skeptical, but of course he is skeptical. He'd be crazy not to look at this league and be skeptical that Louisville, UConn, Rutgers and WVU are in it for the long haul.

Reaction Score

I am not sure what Katz was reporting. I too saw the scroll a bunch of time and wondered where the heck he is getting his info from. No one else reported it before or since. Bad reporting at the very least.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I am not sure what Katz was reporting. I too saw the scroll a bunch of time and wondered where the heck he is getting his info from. No one else reported it before or since. Bad reporting at the very least.
it was listed as "sources". i caught the ESPN ticker and posted it here on the board. but if the report was wrong, then that's better for the big east. i'm not sure it's better for UCONN, but you figured it's a possibility that we will not be invited to any of the big 5 conferences, then we have to be prepared to make lemonade out of lemons...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom