NAU at Paradise Jam | The Boneyard

NAU at Paradise Jam

Reaction Score
The Jacks just finished their first game down in the Caribbean in a 82-73 lost the to Arkansas Razorbacks.

After hanging with the Hogs in the first quarter the Jacks fell behind and were chasing Mike Neighbors' team the rest of the game.

In this Big Sky versus SEC matchup NCAA women's basketball players and twins Olivia and Ryah Moran combined for 30 points. Freshman forward Sophie Glancy had a rough introduction to playing up a level as she fouled out. She also turned the ball over repeatedly. This type of contest can only help the Jacks as they prepare both for the Big Sky season and beyond.

Former University of Connecticut Huskie Saylor Poffenberger played a solid game and was part of a Razorback defense that turned the Jacks over repeatedly (28 times) throughout the game as they remain undefeated.

Tomorrow the Jacks get Kansas State and they end their time in the land of sun and surf against Clemson

NAU's Massey SOS is 96, perhaps reflecting their choice to spend Thanksgiving at a tournament playing three power five teams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jacks give 25th ranked Kansas State a game before falling 93-80. The Wildcats, like the Lumberjacks, sport identical twins...the Glenns whose combined 30+ supported Gabby Gregory's career high 35 and outscored NAU twins Ryah and Olivia Moran.

I listened to the KS announcers so there may be a spin to this but, early in the game the KS coach "mildly" protested a call and got hit with two Ts and the ejection! It would be great if there was a KState discussion board to get the details. I will say, the announcers were very impressed with the speed and skill of NAU senior point guard Regan Schenck!

Anyway this game, the 4th against a power 5 team will help NAU when the team enters Big Sky competition.

Reaction Score
NAU makes it 0-3 in the Bahamas with their loss to Clemson.

The real takeaway was the championship game. Mike Neighbor's squad unleashed a suffocating defense on the 25th ranked KState Wildcats. They held star Gabby Gregory who lit up the Lumberjacks for 35 and 10 to five points on one of 10 shooting from the field.

The Razorbacks will definitely move into the top 25 and to my eye are a 25 win squad.

Reaction Score
Props. I have never seen NAU get this much attention. Mad respect. :)

Clapping Applause GIF

Reaction Score
Props. I have never seen NAU get this much attention. Mad respect. :)

Clapping Applause GIF
Loree Payne is a tremendous leader and coach. It's insane that she can recruit given that the Jacks women play in the Rolle Activity center which is exactly what it sounds like looks like a middle school gym.

Like CTT she recruits character and academics as well as skill.

Last year the team was in the top 15 in 3 shooting percentage and although they've dropped off a bit they're an extremely entertaining team to watch. Payne doesn't invest a whole lot of energy in defense but they play an up-tempo exciting brand of basketball.

Last year she took the Jacks to the Big Sky title game and we're just waiting for the next step in her program advancement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom