OT: - Nats win!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Nats win!!!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I guess Bryce Harper is having second thoughts about leaving the NATS. He said he wanted to win a World Series and that is why he left them. Karma is a great thing sometimes.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A fun and exciting series from a Yankees' fan. My wife enjoyed it too and she is a Red Sox fan.

It will be interesting to see how free agency effects these two teams. Cole has already stated he is no longer an Astro - like right after the game.

Reaction Score
I got sick of the repetitious historical facts by the announcers.......this is the first time in 50 years that such and such happened. A few historical facts are fine, but they did it every inning.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
That happens when it's YOUR year. ;) I heard it said on the radio today that if the Nats when tonight, it would be the first time in MLB history that the "home team" did not win a game in a 7 game world series. We saw history tonight. So while National fans did not get to see their team win a game in DC, they do get the championship they were hoping for. I'll bet a lot of Nats fans will be calling in sick for work tomorrow (hung over).

I wish the Nationals would change their name to the "Senators." The "Washington Senators" to me has a more familiar and nostalgic ring to it. :D
If they changed their name to the Senators, they probably could not agree on the lineup or starting pitcher. ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I guess Bryce Harper is having second thoughts about leaving the NATS. He said he wanted to win a World Series and that is why he left them. Karma is a great thing sometimes.

More structurally, giving Harper the money and the top position would have reduced the Nats growth of other players.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Interestingly, this spring, Bryce was interviewed and said he wanted to bring a championship to Washington this year. He quickly realized his error and corrected it to Philadelphia. Ironic!

I don't know that Bryce was a problem in the clubhouse, but team chemistry seemed better this year. And I think Bryce's decision irked some of the Nats and motivated them. I recall the 2008-09 UConn team which seemed to be motivated by EDD's departure.

Reaction Score
Wrote this a few days ago but didn't think it would serve as an individual thread. I'll see if I can sneak it in here. It's 1/3 UConn, 1/3 singer, and 1/3 Nats:

Paige Bueckers is often asked how to pronounce her last name. She smiles at all of the confusion, then suggests you just use the name some have given her: BUCKETS, Paige Buckets. I like this and second the suggestion. Think this will stick?

I also like a singer to whom I was recently introduced. She was a neighbor here in Maryland (Bowie) and died at age 33 of cancer (melanoma). Her loss is great. Some have called EVA CASSIDY the greatest female voice of our time. I agree, and I'm happy to suggest that you also check her out. Much of her work is on YouTube; here's a sample: .

Finally, one of my favorite things is the season had by the Washington Nationals. However it ends, it should be considered one of the most remarkable seasons in the history of the game. Inspirational.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
My wings with mumbo sauce obviously did the job. ;)

Everything I've read and observed about the Nats this year indicates they enjoy each other. That hasn't been the case in years past, and I think Harper had a lot to do with it. I think he's a much better fit with the Phils.

Reaction Score
I got sick of the repetitious historical facts by the announcers.......this is the first time in 50 years that such and such happened. A few historical facts are fine, but they did it every inning.
Sounds like when bob picozzi called the women’s games drove me nuts

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
She smiles at all of the confusion, then suggests you just use the name some have given her: BUCKETS, Paige Buckets. I like this and second the suggestion. Think this will stick?

I don't know, that nickname might be trademarked. Washington State's Borislava Hristova has been nicknamed Bobbie Buckets most of her career (it's okay if you've never heard of her, and I realize Bueckers will have a much bigger career).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom