OT: - Nats win!!! | The Boneyard

OT: Nats win!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Another come-from-behind win against a great Houston team on the road. Yay!

A great win for the Nationals and their fans, congratulations. It was a great series. I’m not a baseball fan anymore, but I’m very happy the Nats won. Let the celebrations begin. :)

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Nats won 5 elimination games. Amazing.

That happens when it's YOUR year. ;) I heard it said on the radio today that if the Nats when tonight, it would be the first time in MLB history that the "home team" did not win a game in a 7 game world series. We saw history tonight. So while National fans did not get to see their team win a game in DC, they do get the championship they were hoping for. I'll bet a lot of Nats fans will be calling in sick for work tomorrow (hung over).

I wish the Nationals would change their name to the "Senators." The "Washington Senators" to me has a more familiar and nostalgic ring to it. :D

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
DC is having a year. First the Mystics, now the Nats.

The home team lost every game in the Series, that is just crazy.
The Caps won not too long ago.

The Wizards put up 158 tonight in regulation. And lost.

Then there are the Redskins. At the bottom of the NFL. They won’t win as long as Daniel Snyder is the owner.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
UConn connection. Bob Schaefer, former major league coach and manager, is a Nats scout and special advisor to Rizzo.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
me.jpg

Congratulations to the Nationals. I got what I wished for.... a Houston-Washington World Series and a Nationals series win.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The Caps won not too long ago.

The Wizards put up 158 tonight in regulation. And lost.

Then there are the Redskins. At the bottom of the NFL. They won’t win as long as Daniel Snyder is the owner.

Ha, well I guess there is a bit of a hierarchy to Championships, but you take what you can get.

How do you score 158 in regulation and lose? Like Bill Murray said a long time ago "I don't play defense."

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
25 years after the Expos were denied their best shot at a World Series.... they kinda got their title. That 1994 team was something special, I felt bad that the strike happened and robbed them of a chance.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ha, well I guess there is a bit of a hierarchy to Championships, but you take what you can get.

How do you score 158 in regulation and lose? Like Bill Murray said a long time ago "I don't play defense."
I think the Wiz shot over 60% from both the field and the arc. But Houston had James Harden and his 59 points.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is crazy :eek:

And they lost in the ALDS to Baltimore

3 different pitchers who have won 5 Cy Young awards and counting.

Only twice in MLB post-season history have 2 pitchers for the same team thrown no-hit ball for 5+ innings in consecutive games. Sanchez and Scherzer did it in 2014. Incredibly, Sanchez and Scherzer also did it in 2019. Too strange!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
25 years after the Expos were denied their best shot at a World Series.... they kinda got their title. That 1994 team was something special, I felt bad that the strike happened and robbed them of a chance.

The teams in the late 1970s and early 1980s with Gary Carter, Steve Rogers, Andre Dawson, and Tim Raines were really good too.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
DC is having a year. First the Mystics, now the Nats.

The home team lost every game in the Series, that is just crazy.
First the Capitals (Hockey), Second the Mystics(Women Basketball) and Third the Nationals (Baseball).

Reaction Score
3 different pitchers who have won 5 Cy Young awards and counting.

Only twice in MLB post-season history have 2 pitchers for the same team thrown no-hit ball for 5+ innings in consecutive games. Sanchez and Scherzer did it in 2014. Incredibly, Sanchez and Scherzer also did it in 2019. Too strange!

Small nitpick but it was the 2013 ALCS against the Red Sox. They took Sherzer out after 7 innings with a 4 run lead and 2 hits 2 walks and 108 pitches. And of course by the time the 8th was over the Sox has tied on Ortiz's grand slam.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Congratulations to the Nats! As a 20+ year resident of MD and NoVa, but a life long fan of the BoSox, it was hard not to root for/follow the Nats seeing that they were on a local channel and on MASN. Even after we moved to NC, DirecTV considered DC one of our "home" regions, along with Atlanta.
I was one of thousands that thought that losing Harper would send the Nats back to the cellar but now, here they are. BUT with the probable loss of Rendon and Stras this off season, well...

ENJOY THE PRESENT NATS FANS BECAUSE THE OFF SEASON REALLY STARTS IN LESS THAN 72 HOURS NOW!!!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Must be brutal for the Astro's fans to lose all 4 games at home. No wonder the ticket prices were falling in game 7.

Reaction Score
A well played, hard fought series. I enjoyed it immensely.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom