National search for AD | The Boneyard

National search for AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
He's staying on in a fundraising role ... which is great considering how well he's done w/ that.

Reaction Score
If Pendergrast is happy at fundraising and is staying @ UConn, and Herbst picks a new, dynamic AD, it's the best of both worlds.

Reaction Score
My hope is that we recruit an AD or Assistant AD from a very influential B10 school.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
We won't get an influential Big 10 AD. This would be a step down for that person. An assistant Big 10 AD though is certainly within reason.

Reaction Score
We won't get an influential Big 10 AD. This would be a step down for that person. An assistant Big 10 AD though is certainly within reason.

I am aware, though I disagree that we "won't" hire a B10 AD. We can hire anyone willing to take the job if we offer them an interesting challenge and proper pay. Sometimes people relocate for reasons other than money, prestige or power. Sometimes they don't like the job they have or they wish to live in another area.

I hope the new AD comes from the B10. I want UConn barking up that tree. I am sure whoever is hired will have some value in conference realignment discussions. If the new AD is ACC or B10 bred, it will be a possible clue as to what Herbst is thinking. I can't imagine that someone with no connection to one of those conferences will be hired unless they are truly exceptional in every other way. Then again, the expected rarely happens on these issues these days.

Reaction Score
Herbst says "That person will have to know the sports business inside and out at the college level and have the kind of network that will serve us well in the future,".

I think she may be talking about conference expansion with that second part.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Herbst says "That person will have to know the sports business inside and out at the college level and have the kind of network that will serve us well in the future,".

I think she may be talking about conference expansion with that second part.

The next UConn AD is....John Swofford! ;)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I was thinking whomever the top assistant AD at ND should get a call.

If this realignment mess has done anything, it has revealed who the power schools are. I'd start with the staff directories of ND, Texas, OU, Nebraska, Texas AM, Michigan and Alabama. I might even consider staff from PSU and OSU if they have good character references.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger