National reaction | Page 3 | The Boneyard

National reaction

Reaction Score
I'm glad AD Dave disagrees with you as well.

Shame he subtweeted it. Wouldn't be surprised if enough UConn fans gave Norlander a hard time about it and he talks about it on the podcast or something though. If he doubles down then I'll be happy to call it out as stupid.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Matt Norlander said it on CBS. He also said twice that he lives in CT, and that his wife is a UConn grad. May he be reduced to begging by his wife just enough to smooth things out as we all move forward.

I'll go on a limb and suggest she 100% can control him putting out a clarification or retraction.

100%

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'll go on a limb and suggest she 100% can control him putting out a clarification or retraction.

100%
"just enough," and no more.

There's nothing objectionable about him recognizing who we are, and where we're going.

Earlier (halftime?), he'd said that an 8-seed sounded right, so he's moving in the right direction. And Huskies just need to keep winning, one game at a time

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It won't appease people here, but yeah, that's what I thought.
What Leebo thought maybe but that's not what he said. AD Dave didn't let it become part of the narrative. I'm glad the guy admitted he misspoke.

Reaction Score
What Leebo thought maybe but that's not what he said. AD Dave didn't let it become part of the narrative. I'm glad the guy admitted he misspoke.

He didn't explicitly say one way or the other, the interpretation of the "they" was up to context. So it's not surprising the Boneyard got insecure about it, but yeah.

Reaction Score
Had to pull the trigger too after today. Could be a helluva turnaround time.
As soon as I saw Bouk come back and play well with the rest of the squad I was on board. And with those odds... why not. I gotta sacrifice one really fancy dinner to potentially win a whole bunch of fancy dinners.

Reaction Score
Started reading the 'yard during the dark days of the Ollie tenure, glad to be around when things are finally trending up! I don't think any team in the country wants to see us in the tourney.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Last year all 10 teams were in the Top 94 of KenPom. If the tournament weren't cancelled they would have gotten 5-7 bids, and BracketMatrix had them with two 2s and a 3 seed.

Villanova, Creighton, and Seton Hall all tied for the regular season conference title.

There was ample competition.

Villanova has been better than the other teams, but all their best records were posted in the first few years after the Old Big East ended. We hit the league in a down year. It's recruiting well and its worst team—DePaul—would typically be favored over the worst teams of other leagues.

But Nova has won every regular season title, that does say something

The other programs may be second weekend good occasionally, but we aim higher

Reaction Score
But Nova has won every regular season title, that does say something

The other programs may be second weekend good occasionally, but we aim higher
Kansas won every Big 12 regular season title for 14 straight years and everyone still considered it a strong conference. Someone dominating a conference =\= a conference being weak

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom