Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
From The Sporting News:

Teams:

Blackman [Tenn] ranked preseason #1. UConn junior target Crystal Dangerfield
plays there....averaged around 14 ppg last year. They play at the big Nike event in Arizona among several
trips.

#4: Mater Dei [Katie]. Hmm...wonder if they get put in the same division in Arizona as Blackman?

#7: in Philly...Neumann-Goretti. One of their returning players is Felicia Aiyeotan...junior...a mere
6'9". Double hmmm!

#10: Incarnate Word: [Napheesa]

Individuals:

KLS preseason POY. They have a great picture of her....gorgeous smile....showing off her muscles!
Napheesa and De'Janae are on the second team....5 per team.

The only junior mentioned in the individual section of the article is UConn target Tory McCoy...an 'elite, athletic post".

Odds and ends:

Honorable mention: Kiah Gillespie...Capital Prep..Hartford. They only list seniors in this category so no Desiree Elmore...a junior guard on the same team.

Great name in this section....from Long Island Lauren 'Boogie' Brozoski...attends Long Island Lutheran.

From Saniya's alma mater [Ossining High] Jaley Knowles....honorable mention.

I almost wonder if this is a typo: in the women's college section on the third team AA [10 per team] they list
Joy Adams and they have her at Iona. Iona? Could it be Iowa?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just googled her name and she does attend Iona. She has GOT to be good to get this kind of recognition
at that school.

Reaction Score
Can't say she is at Iona....but I can say that there is an Iona. They have had some pretty good basketball teams from time to time I think (on the men's side) over the years. When I think of them, I think of colleges like Sienna, Niagara, Manhattan, Canisius. And when I think of those schools I think of teams mainly from New York state....schools on the smaller side.....and perhaps many of them Catholic....and probably little or no emphasis on a football program. They must be in alLeague, but don't know which one. Have no familiarity with their women's basketball.

Reaction Score
BLAKE: very interesting, by the way, as usual.....and appreciated. And, I agree with you on that "great name." Makes me think of a media guy in Hartford area some years back.....Mike Bogaschloshki (sp) who was a champion for the little guy against business rip-offs. His sign of line was s.t. like, "I'm Mike Bogascholshki, and I'm in YOUR corner!!!"

Reaction Score
Just googled her name and she does attend Iona. She has GOT to be good to get this kind of recognition
at that school.

Joy Adams is a rebounding machine. Third in the country as a sophomore. Also scored 16 per game. Her teammate Damika Martinez is pretty good also.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Incarnate Word finished at #2, I believe, last year. They are #10 this year? Whom did they lose? Prediction--Napheesa will get them to a better ranking by the end of the season. I think she's a top 5 player.

Reactions: HGN

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Incarnate Word finished at #2, I believe, last year. They are #10 this year? Whom did they lose? Prediction--Napheesa will get them to a better ranking by the end of the season. I think she's a top 5 player.

Incarnate lost a ton: McKenna Treece who is going to Oklahoma, Nakia Bell who is going to Iowa State, and Gwen Adams who is going to SIU Edwardsville.

Napheesa will probably have to be much more assertive and dominant this year. Treece's younger sister is a sophomore and a highly-rated 2017 prospect, but that's about it unless there are transfers I'm not aware of.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Incarnate lost a ton: McKenna Treece who is going to Oklahoma, Nakia Bell who is going to Iowa State, and Gwen Adams who is going to SIU Edwardsville.

Napheesa will probably have to be much more assertive and dominant this year. Treece's younger sister is a sophomore and a highly-rated 2017 prospect, but that's about it unless there are transfers I'm not aware of.
Thanks. Sounds like some good players who moved on.

G

genosguy

BLAKE: very interesting, by the way, as usual.....and appreciated. And, I agree with you on that "great name." Makes me think of a media guy in Hartford area some years back.....Mike Bogaschloshki (sp) who was a champion for the little guy against business rip-offs. His sign of line was s.t. like, "I'm Mike Bogascholshki, and I'm in YOUR corner!!!"

G

genosguy

Didn't that harford radio guy marry a Terryville, Ct girl?? Seems I know her from somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom