Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
USAToday rankings:
#1:Neumann-Goretti...undefeated...they have junior 6'9" Felicia Aiyeotan
#2: Mater Dei....19-1...LouConn
#10: Blackman...Crystal

BTW: at #21 Ursuline Academy....EDD's old school.

On Saturday in the Bronx...no site given...Ct. #1 Capital Prep plays national # 9
Potters' House Christian....from Florida...they have a stud soph Rellah Boothe [sp?]...6'2" I think...
now 27-3.

Hmm...I wonder if one of our staff might stop by to see that one on the way to Philly for our game with Temple on Sunday.

Huge props to CP's coach and AD for arranging a tough out of state schedule this year. They have the weapons...Kiah Gillespie...senior going to Maryland. Junior Desiree Elmore...verbal to Syracuse.
They routed then national #24 Riverdale Baptist [Md]...routed CTK...routed Oregon #3 South Medford...routed Ct. #2 Mercy by 40. The SM coach said that his team had played two national top 10 teams and CP was better than both. They did lose to a Jersey team....their only loss. Props also to Potter's House for making that long trip. Wonder if they play anyone else the day before or after?

A win on Saturday should get CP in the top 15 at least...imho. Even a close loss should get them in the top 25. Go CP! Hope we can get some Boneyard links to what happens in that one....Kiah is 2 years older than
Rellah...should be an interesting match-up.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think that Blackman is playing Riverdale. If it were at Riverdale, I'd go.

Boothe had a huge game early in the season against top competition. I think she had about 35 and 22. I hope Geno has an eye on her.

I understand that Felicia is raw. But she's 6'9". Griner was raw at some age.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
A big win for Capital Prep....with a 'but'.

In NYC on Saturday CP beat the top 10 national PotterHouse team 77-67. Gillespie had 32/27
and Elmore had 27/22...yikes! Hopefully this will put our local team in the national top 25 in teh next USAToday rankings out on Wednesday.
However the stud soph Boothe on the Florida team was not in the box score...at all. Injury?
That takes away a bit of the lustre.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A big win for Capital Prep....with a 'but'.

In NYC on Saturday CP beat the top 10 national PotterHouse team 77-67. Gillespie had 32/27
and Elmore had 27/22...yikes! Hopefully this will put our local team in the national top 25 in teh next USAToday rankings out on Wednesday.
However the stud soph Boothe on the Florida team was not in the box score...at all. Injury?
That takes away a bit of the lustre.
59 points and 49 rebounds--double yikes!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
CP is now national #20 in the latest USAToday rankings. Boothe has missed the last two games...both losses for Potterhouse.
Wonder if she is injured? She has fantastic stats...thanks to MH for that link.
Wonder if CP has any other out-of-state big games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom